The Trump Presidency | Biden Inaugurated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Classical Mechanic

Massively indebted
Married to a woman who hates him
Infamous
At 70 became arguably the worst president of all time

If fame is something really important to someone then they probably would trade, I think most others would probably be happy with a life surrounded by family and friends who love them and living in relative obscurity.
Thing is though Trump only cares about being famous and the centre of attention, either for good or bad reasons. There was a documentary on iPlayer about the National Inquirer and one of the journalists told how back when Trump wasn’t that well known he used to ring the paper every week using a fake voice to leak stories about himself, both good and bad. He was desperate just to be written about.

He‘ll go down as one of the most famous presidents in history and even though it’s for the wrong reasons to most people he‘s basically fulfilled his life ambitions.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Thing is though Trump only cares about being famous and the centre of attention, either for good or bad reasons. There was a documentary on iPlayer about the National Inquirer and one of the journalists told how back when Trump wasn’t that well known he used to ring the paper every week using a fake voice to leak stories about himself, both good and bad. He was desperate just to be written about.

He‘ll go down as one of the most famous presidents in history and even though it’s for the wrong reasons to most people he‘s basically fulfilled his life ambitions.
Infamous - which is different from famous

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
All said and done. Most people would want to trade their live with trump.

Never had a day of having no money.
Banged top models
Famous
And at 70 becomes POTUS

Love him or hate him that's one hell of a life compared to most 9-5 joes
He is pretty much universally hated as well, which is why I think I would not trade with him.

Who in their right mind wants to be famous?

Dudu

The process is a several month process no matter who is in charge or the surrounding circumstances. Whatever keeps Trump from getting his pension, his travel budget (read that it’s a million / year til his death), his SS protection, & his ability to run in any further federal elections, as well as most closely ensuring a victory in the Senate, is the correct path.
True. But I worry the longer it drags out, the more chances we give to Trump to turn/buy more votes. Just look back at the ridiculous mountain of shite he's gotten away with so far.

An expedited trial should be possible.. and right now there's all the momentum for it.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
True. But I worry the longer it drags out, the more chances we give to Trump to turn/buy more votes. Just look back at the ridiculous mountain of shite he's gotten away with so far.

An expedited trial should be possible.. and right now there's all the momentum for it.
It can be expedited through the House, the sticking point is the Senate. It’s going to have to be a very carefully threaded needle to pull this off. It’s a process that should absolutely happen, but would another Senate acquittal help Trump? I think it would.

I also think that Trump’s hold over the mentally deficient part of this country will start to wane soon after the 20th. The ‘Trumpist’ brand of the Republican Party will obviously continue, but Trump will find far less cult of personality, especially when the SDNY trial against him gears up & his tax records are finally laid bare.

That said, I may be completely wrong in apportioning any sense of mental acuity to the mental deficients who have put us where we currently are.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
CNN report: "Vice President Mike Pence hasn't ruled out invoking the 25th Amendment and wants to preserve the option if President Trump becomes more unstable, a source says."

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids

The need is just to start the process while there is momentum behind it, because as to your earlier question impeachment after leaving office hasn’t happened before. It should be possible based on what the founding fathers said, but they’d probably rather avoid that testing that point if they can - that’s the rush.

Expediting it through the Senate is probably problematic and likely won’t happen.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
He is pretty much universally hated as well, which is why I think I would not trade with him.

Who in their right mind wants to be famous?
Every famous person or a hero is some other nation's villain.

I doubt he lose some sleep with his 70m adorer.

Not that i want to swap my life with him. Im happy with being commoners.

Just saying he's had a big life at the end of it.

Hammerfell

I knew a guy reminds me a bit of Trump. He had a terrible time in school and was kicked out early. I think he might have been abused. He was an alpha male type character. In school (before he was expelled) he had gangs following him. He always impressed outsiders; they became his devoted bully boys.

He was possessed of extraordinary cunning. People in authority always underestimated him. In a social setting he was thoughtful and very funny and entertaining. He was a talented individual that didn’t fit the system- the opposite to the charmless leaders and teachers most of us knew.

But at a deeper level it was all about power for him or his lack of it. He was a bully. He played the victim when it suited him. He put himself and others in dangerous situations. He spent an awful lot of his time plotting and planning against perceived enemies. One given with him: what others built up, he wanted to tear down. Even his own initiatives, he always undermined them in the end. Self-destructive, addictive, morose. His ending was dark.
Is this a meme?

gajender

He doesn't have 70 m odd adorer just like Biden doesn't have 80 m fans .

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Anika Sorenstram and Gary Player were at the WH picking up awards just the other day.
He loves his golf stuff so the loss of the US Open will tear him up. Not to mention the financial hit to his organization.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
Anika Sorenstram and Gary Player were at the WH picking up awards just the other day.
He loves his golf stuff so the loss of the US Open will tear him up. Not to mention the financial hit to his organization.
It's the PGA Championship, not The US Open. But it will still hit him hard.

His golf courses have been losing millions for years anyway, and that was before COVID hit. They must be deep in the red now.

Kaos

So did Schwarzenegger speak up before this? He's a Republican, ain't he?
He's a Rockefeller Republican (dying breed these days). He's pretty moderate to progressive on a lot of his views compared to his peers in the GOP (environment, LGBT rights, drug legilsation, etc). Naturally, he was always going to be at odds with Trump and his brand of GOP neo-fascism.

Dudu

The need is just to start the process while there is momentum behind it, because as to your earlier question impeachment after leaving office hasn’t happened before. It should be possible based on what the founding fathers said, but they’d probably rather avoid that testing that point if they can - that’s the rush.

Expediting it through the Senate is probably problematic and likely won’t happen.
I see. That explains a lot of confusing language I've seen on the matter . Thanks for that!

Foxbatt

He'd probably need to be a Dem to run, as his policies wouldn't be too different than Biden's are.
He wasn't born in the USA. Surprised he wasn't a democrat as he got married into the Kennedy family.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Wasn’t aware of all the support he garnered from the pro players. Disgusting.
They are staunchly right wing. The pictures of Bryson & the Trump clan after the US Open were particularly gross.

They’re right wing mainly due to financial policy, but pro golfers do not particularly get turned off by the other shit Trump did, just like typical rich right wingers.

Last truly vocal Democrat of any note on the PGA Tour was David Duval. That cost him some sponsorships & support by fans & fellow pros.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!

He’s a deeply unhappy person. He has nobody he could actually call a friend or anyone that properly loves him. He’s also incapable of feeling the way normal human beings do.

I think he’s had a terrible life in all honesty.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
He wasn't born in the USA. Surprised he wasn't a democrat as he got married into the Kennedy family.
Reagan was Governor of CA when Arnold moved here in the late 60s and he was (oddly) also influenced by Nixon. He would've been a pretty effective Republican Presidential candidate up until the Tea Party period began.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.