The two things I want Woodward to do.

Offsideagain

1) Either have a shave or grow a beard. His face is just like his transfer policy, not one thing or another. He looks like a tramp that’s nicked a suit from Next.

2) Go back to Banking ASAP. Another crap window. Still loads of deadwood and no world class midfielder or striker . Sorry but I don’t class Pogba as World Class.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Just one actually: feck off!

Von Mistelroum

If he manages to sell Rojo as well as Lukaku , bringing our net spend down to barely anything, never mind sacking, the Glazers will be buying him a new house.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
1) Marry a Glazer
2) Elope and never come back
1)Make a sex tape with that Glazer who has a rats tail.
2)Release it so his wife can divorce him then and take half his money.

That would be perfect.

romufc

It's all well and good having 10 odd threads about Ed. But it will not make one fecking difference as to what will happen.

The only way things can change is demonstrations at OT, there is absolutely no other way.

Loony BoB

I honestly don't care if he remains working for our commercial arm but I would prefer it if we have someone else handle football related finances.

vidic blood & sand

I'd love to see an ed woodward photoshop thread. It would be a good laugh, cheer us up, and might attract attention in the media.

lsd

The Oracle
Buy redcafe and stop people posting the same threads over and over

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I think once this season hits the inevitable rough patch all the pogba wanting to leave crap will come up again and can you actually blame him now? The fans will start to protest. Hopefully the middle of the beginning of the end for Ed and the Glazers. This has actually been a good window for the money men but when we are hitting 6th/7th again at the end of the season they’ll have nowhere to hide.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I honestly don't care if he remains working for our commercial arm but I would prefer it if we have someone else handle football related finances.
Maybe I’m the mistaken one, but I don’t think many, or at least most of the vocal majority on here know what they want at all. Or why they want it.

If people are not happy with us not signing as many players as they would like, that would not change regardless of whether we replaced Woodward with Monchi or any other cool DoF. They can only spend what the Glazers allow.

Secondly, I’ve seen so many ‘still no RW, no midfielder - Woodward has to go’ comments. Did any of you say this about Gill if we didn’t strengthen areas you wanted? Who are this list of midfielders and wingers that Ole asked Woodward to negotiate for which he failed to negotiate a deal? Because you listed a bunch of midfielders in the Transfer Forum doesn’t mean we will go and sign them. There is no indication Ole asked for another winger at all, nor any other midfielder than Longstaff, so if the criticism is not caving and paying £50m for him, then fair enough.

Did everyone want Ed to look at the squad and say ‘right, we need a centre half, right back, two midfielders and a winger’ then go and get them?

If anything, blame the Glazers. I’m sure if the budget was bigger, you would have all the signings your hearts desired. But there’s been no indication, at all, that Ole has requested a bunch of players that we failed to do reasonable deals for. All transfer forum conjecture from what I’ve seen.

Maticmaker

Ed needs to learn to be as good at transfer deals as he is at sponsorship deals, but he needs to learn quickly...oh sorry too late window closed, never mind there is always the January window. :rolleyes:

sunama

Baghdad Bob
1. Go to Liverpool
2. Stay at Liverpool
I would not wish that, even on Liverpool.
He'll have them celebrating the 4th place trophy, before long.
Actually, he'd be perfect for Arsenal.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I think once this season hits the inevitable rough patch all the pogba wanting to leave crap will come up again and can you actually blame him now? The fans will start to protest. Hopefully the middle of the beginning of the end for Ed and the Glazers. This has actually been a good window for the money men but when we are hitting 6th/7th again at the end of the season they’ll have nowhere to hide.
When this happens, he'll sack Ole and this will appease the fans.
A new manager will be brought in.
Woodward makes errors and then hides behind the manager as a shield. Then fires the manager. He has done this with every manager.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
When this happens, he'll sack Ole and this will appease the fans.
A new manager will be brought in.
Woodward makes errors and then hides behind the manager as a shield. Then fires the manager. He has done this with every manager.
I don’t think the fans will fall for that again, not with Ole. That’s the hope anyway. What the feck are they playing at though. All the players we needed were on the market and we potter around messing up until deadline day and and end up spending just 50 million yet again. How are we going to keep and attract the best players if this is how we operate? It negligent bordering on insane