The UK is "different" to Europe...but is it "better"?

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
I heard Norway is the best place to live but quite hard to get in to because people want to move in there.
I lived there for a year. It's a wonderful place, but shockingly expensive and the food is shit. Oh and if you want booze for Friday night, better make sure you get to the government run alcohol shop before about 4pm when it closes.. Pubs were nice, although again shockingly expensive.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I lived there for a year. It's a wonderful place, but shockingly expensive and the food is shit. Oh and if you want booze for Friday night, better make sure you get to the government run alcohol shop before about 4pm when it closes.. Pubs were nice, although again shockingly expensive.
Sounds a bit of a beautiful bit of hard work at times. I heard its not the easiest to get a takeaway apparently compared to other countries either.

RoyH1

Yeah it was my family who had been there who were very impressed about the living standards. How bad is the weather compared to the UK's in your opinion? I feel like its probably a more extreme version of that weather because i heard it can get sunny in the summer but freezing in the other seasons
I suppose that if you live in Western Scotland the climate is probably similar to somewhere like Bergen with the latter probably being a bit colder in the winter.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Sounds a bit of a beautiful bit of hard work at times. I heard its not the easiest to get a takeaway apparently compared to other countries either.
Not sure what it's like now, was nearly 10 years ago I was there so the whole JustEat/Deliveroo thing wasn't as widespread as it is now. They do a takeaway thing there that I absolute adore though. Pita with mayo spread inside filled with fries and paprika shaken on top. Absolutely perfect drunk food.

NotThatSoph

6 pm, we're not animals (4 on Saturdays though).

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Not sure what it's like now, was nearly 10 years ago I was there so the whole JustEat/Deliveroo thing wasn't as widespread as it is now. They do a takeaway thing there that I absolute adore though. Pita with mayo spread inside filled with fries and paprika shaken on top. Absolutely perfect drunk food.
Craving that now :drool:

Did people in Norway have a different relationship with their Jobs and how long they had to work or something? Or did I just mishear about something?

bsCallout

I once read that one difference between England and Germany, is that English people/society, relies/trusts on the government/authorities to take care of them, to make the best decisions for their people, so that's why English people don't (or didn't) need (ed) to be smart chaps. They trust (blindly?) everything gonna be alright because authorities (royalty?) will take care of it (and historically speaking, that used to be the case).

While in Germany, people is raised to be much more inquisitive, independent and "smart", because governments might not always gonna be there for you.

So that's why, the person with the lowest paying jobs in England, for example, let's say, a shop clerk, won't be the brightest around, and would barely know to do the minimum. A simpleton (because that was enough to have a good life).

While the same shop clerk in Germany, will know at least 2 languages and be the smartest person all around.

Judging by current events (Brexit, buying into propaganda, going the US route) and personal experience that sounds spot on.
That's incredibly inaccurate. You should discard that reading material.

bsCallout

Went there for NYE only to realise we couldnt buy booze for this reason.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Craving that now :drool:

Did people in Norway have a different relationship with their Jobs and how long they had to work or something? Or did I just mishear about something?
I suppose it’s totally dependent on which company you work for, but in my limited experience people seemed much less pressured by their jobs and didn’t seem to feel like they had to work ridiculous hours to get by. Probably helps that wages/state benefits there are sky high though.