Music The Ultimate Metal thread.

sepulturite

1) Dark Tranquillity - The Gallery.
2) In Flames - The Jester Race.
3) At The Gates - Slaughter Of The Soul.
4) Carcass - Heartwork.
5) Soilwork - The Chainheart Machine.
6) Sentenced - Amok.
7) Septicflesh - Communion.
8) Insomium - Winter's Gate.
9) Amorphis - Tales From A Thousand Lakes.
10) Be'lakor - Stone's Reach.
11) Ulcerate - Shrines Of Paralysis.
12) Gorguts - Obscura.
13) Hypocrisy - The Final Chapter.
14) Cryptosy - Non So Vile.
15) Edge Of Sanity - Crimson.
16) Entombed - Clandestine.
17) Cannibal Corpse - The Bleeding.
18) Morbid Angel - Covenant.
19) Bolt Thrower - The IV Crusade.
20) Atheist - Unquestionable Presence.
21) Obituary - Cause Of Death.
22) Cynic - Focus.
23) Opeth - Still Life.
24) Behemoth - The Satanist.
25) Immolation - Close To A World Below.
26) The Black Dahlia Murder - Nocturnal.
27) Demigod - Slumber Of Sullen Eyes.
28) Nocturnus - The Key.
29) Children Of Bodom - Follow The Reaper.
30) Deicide - The Stench Of Redemption.
31) Malevolent Creation - The Ten Commandments.
32) Vader - De Profundis.
33) Nile - In Their Darkened Shrines.
34) God Dethroned - Bloody Blasphemy.
35) Death - Full Discography. * EDIT: Symbolic, since @Abraxas says i have to pick one. Fair enough, you gave Dissection a pass for the other list. It has great sentimental value. In my younger days, i only had my Walkman and tapes older teens would give me or write for me. When i bought my first hi-fi system with my summer money savings, the first three CDs i got were Symbolic, Images And Words and Operation Mindcrime. To this day, i believe that these three albums are some of the finest music that has ever been recorded in the history of mankind.
Best of the lot for me in that list is Opeth's Still Life. Never get tired of listening to it. I have a soft spot for Face of Melinda, absolute banger.

Oranges038

Back from the dead again, not strictly metal. But Static X were awesome back in the day. This project regeneration stuff is ok.

Bole Top

this belongs on Saturday Night Wrist just as it belongs on In the Absence of Truth. three past members of Isis with Moreno on vocals of course. anyone who likes Deftones or Isis could easily like this album. same goes for those who tried listening to certain post metal bands and thought it would be better if they had better (clean) vocalist.

DavelinaJolie

As an aside. Sometimes the best riffs are the simplest. Like when this really kicks in. God I love this song.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Been listening to this quite a lot lately. Beautiful instrumental.

Abraxas

What did people think of the "new" Cannibal Corpse album?

Just picked it up on Vinyl thinking I can't go too far wrong buying blind, it's CC - they don't do shit albums.

But it's a lot muddier than I'd like. Not sure that G tuning is doing much for it.

Picked up a shed load of metal vinyl in the last few weeks, most of it more obscure.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

What did people think of the "new" Cannibal Corpse album?

Just picked it up on Vinyl thinking I can't go too far wrong buying blind, it's CC - they don't do shit albums.

But it's a lot muddier than I'd like. Not sure that G tuning is doing much for it.

Picked up a shed load of metal vinyl in the last few weeks, most of it more obscure.
I liked it better than the previous one, whose second half seemed to be a homogenous block with no discernible songs. This one leans a bit more toward thrash and feels more "immediate" which is something i always liked in their music (when they did it). But it's mostly CC by the numbers. I don't remember having an issue with how it sounds, but a friend of mine told me that the Vinyl versions of their albums usually have a different DR and sound more "brickwalled" than the CDs (don't know if it's true). Other than that, for me, time stopped in March when the new Judas Priest arrived in the mail. It's such an inspiration to listen to Rob Halford knocking it out of the park at the age of 72. Can't wait to see them live again this summer.

Abraxas

I liked it better than the previous one, whose second half seemed to be a homogenous block with no discernible songs. This one leans a bit more toward thrash and feels more "immediate" which is something i always liked in their music (when they did it). But it's mostly CC by the numbers. I don't remember having an issue with how it sounds, but a friend of mine told me that the Vinyl versions of their albums usually have a different DR and sound more "brickwalled" than the CDs (don't know if it's true). Other than that, for me, time stopped in March when the new Judas Priest arrived in the mail. It's such an inspiration to listen to Rob Halford knocking it out of the park at the age of 72. Can't wait to see them live again this summer.
It could be that. I'll have to see if a mate has the CD or even try streaming it and see if there's a discernible difference.

The new Priest is very good, as always really.