The ultimate Turning Point thread

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I've seen so many 'is this the turning point?' posts and threads over the last five or so seasons, that I thought it might be mildly amusing to share them in here if you see one. It'll probably happen after every win at this point. If we win two in a row there will be loads of content.

This isn't a thread to discuss whether it is a turning point. Make your own thread for that (and then someone can share it in here).

Here's one from the newbs to start us off..

21 shots, 11 on target. That's more like the United of old at old Traffird.

Hopefully this is the turn around moment. The players looked way more interested in the game of football.
No offence Mr Newbie. Just know that your post inspired such a great thread.

No Elvis's allowed in here please.

Raw

I better not see another turning point thread or we're definitely losing to Sheffield. That or a "next 5 games" thread.

Denis79

I've seen so many 'is this the turning point?' posts and threads over the last five or so seasons, that I thought it might be mildly amusing to share them in here if you see one. It'll probably happen after every win at this point. If we win two in a row there will be loads of content.

This isn't a thread to discuss whether it is a turning point. Make your own thread for that (and then someone can share it in here).

Here's one from the newbs to start us off..

No offence Mr Newbie. Just know that your post inspired such a great thread.

No Elvis's allowed in here please.
Don't jinx it :)

Devil81

Sheffield United away is a brilliant yard stick for this, they've been brilliant so far this season and we've not travelled well.

Having said that if we're improving we should beat a team like Sheffield United.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
As a great man once said... "You made a U-Turn there, you made a U-Turn there, you made a U-Turn... You are a U-Turn"

Bulldog United

We are still mathematically in the title race. Just need to win the rest.
If we won all our games from now to the end of the season: a) it would be a bigger miracle than Leicester winning the Premier League, and b) our final points tally would still only be good enough to finish third last season. :D

Like your thinking though! (even though I know it's tongue in cheek)

meamth

Since Martial returned, there has been no U-turns on the long highway to 4th!

Unless he gets injured in the car..and then we have to rely on Rashford alone again...

cyril C

I thought the win against PSG was the turning point for Ole, until the next game. Every game is a turning point, as long as we win.

el3mel

Found this post in one of those threads in this search, guess what, from the Moyes season :

Didn't we lose at home to Everton last year too?

I don't get the panic, we're about to hit the second part of the season and we're due a good run. If we're still shit in February then I'll listen. But not to the Moyes out brigade, it's not even his team yet ffs.

I for one welcome a season of mediocrity if it means getting rid of a few plastics. We'll be challenging next year if not this one still.
Golden. It's really groundhog day isn't it?

U99ted

I thought the win against PSG was the turning point for Ole, until the next game. Every game is a turning point, as long as we win.
It was a turning point for Ole. Results were actually good until Paris.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

USREDEVIL

We should have a more generic thread which rehashes posts that end up being cringworthy after time. Then we can all have a laugh at those pathetic losers!

Until it happens to us, then it's time to report.

RUCK4444

wow a post with someone moaning about a light hearted thread in a far pissier fashion than anything they're moaning about. Stay pissy CafOh lordy.
Nothing pissy about what I said, just don’t think people should be shot down for positivity, especially calling out newbie posters and quoting them.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, just because some posters aren’t parrots repeating the same negativity as everybody else here nowadays.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Nothing pissy about what I said, just don’t think people should be shot down for positivity, especially calling out newbie posters and quoting them.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, just because some posters aren’t parrots repeating the same negativity as everybody else here nowadays.
ok Dr Boring, you're ruining what is meant to be a fun thread, and still will be once it gets going.

We're also allowed to find it mildly amusing how many turning point posts and threads there have been, especially when it's just because of a few wins, or an anomaly of a performance. The newbie post isn't even a good example of it. It just inspired the thread.

Needham

It's not so much a turning point as a build up of critical talent mass, when the side is finally loaded with more good players than bad, when it's apparent we are a cohesive team with a pattern of play that other teams struggle to stop. We are not anywhere close to that yet, and won't be until we've divested the team of Fred, Andreas, Young, Lindelof, and (in my controversial opinion) Martial (though that's for another thread). And possibly one or two others including the current manager. Home win against Brighton is not a turning point. The Forest FA Cup match, for example, was a turning point, whether Fergie likes it or not, because it's likely league form would have not been sufficient to protect the manager in time before Scholes, Butt etc came through. Munich tragedy was an epochal turning point for the club in an altogether different way. But a home game against Brighton...?

USREDEVIL

It's not so much a turning point as a build up of critical talent mass, when the side is finally loaded with more good players than bad, when it's apparent we are a cohesive team with a pattern of play that other teams struggle to stop. We are not anywhere close to that yet, and won't be until we've divested the team of Fred, Andreas, Young, Lindelof, and (in my controversial opinion) Martial (though that's for another thread). And possibly one or two others including the current manager. Home win against Brighton is not a turning point. The Forest FA Cup match, for example, was a turning point, whether Fergie likes it or not, because it's likely league form would have not been sufficient to protect the manager in time before Scholes, Butt etc came through. Munich tragedy was an epochal turning point for the club in an altogether different way. But a home game against Brighton...?
I love this forum :lol:. Don't agree we need to get rid of Lindelof Andreas or Martial though. Otherwise I agree that we need more great players.

Needham

I love this forum :lol:. Don't agree we need to get rid of Lindelof Andreas or Martial though. Otherwise I agree that we need more great players.
:lol: read it again it works! (Maybe with a hyphen between talent and mass). And if you think Andreas is good enough for Manchester United you are at the tipping point of fantasia delirums

USREDEVIL

:lol: read it again it works! (Maybe with a hyphen between talent and mass). And if you think Andreas is good enough for Manchester United you are at the tipping point of fantasia delirums
Eh maybe i'm wrong, i'm not "always right" like some people, but he's a decent squad player. He's been decent at at times and works hard. Got some spirit in him that i like.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
If you’re not backing Solskjaer now, you’re not paying enough attention. I’ve seen enough in the last two games to be fully confident about where we are going.
Sorry DVG7 but.....turning point!