The unfair criticism/accusations against our manager is unacceptable

Lemansky

You can agree or disagree with the appointment of Ole Gunnar Solskjær. One can easily argue that he is not on the level of other managers in the league and that he is not qualified.

What surprise me is the accusations and the unfair/unfounded criticism against him: yes man, only like British players, will say anything to stay in the job, is a puppet and lacks backbone

What I am certain about is that Ole, regardless of his qualifications has the best interest of this club at heart. He loves this club and wants us to succeed. He has chosen a path to be successful and hopefully he succeed.

The notion that he only wants to sign British players is rubbish. He wants an british/English core but will absolutely sign players regardless of nationality. In Molde he had an Norwegian core and mixed that in with players from all
over the world.

It’s ok to criticise our manager but the hostility needs to stop, the guy loves our club as much as we do.

Edit: English is not my first language so hostility is replaced with unfair criticism/accusations

Last edited:

FujiVice

Its only on here there is hostility. At the matches, he's like God walking through the tunnel.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Managers should be scrutinized regardless of who they are or their affiliation.

I don't see any hostility towards Ole. Just pessimism and questions about what he's doing. Nothing wrong with that. Everyone wants him to succeed but blind optimism is pointless.

edgar allan

You can agree or disagree with the appointment of Ole Gunnar Solskjær. One can easily argue that he is not on the level of other managers in the league and that he is not qualified.

What surprise me is the share hostility form some against him: yes man, nationalist etc.

What I am certain about is that Ole, regardless of his qualifications has the best interest of this club at heart. He loves this club and wants us to succeed. He has chosen a path to be successful and hopefully he succeed.

The notion that he only wants to sign British players is rubbish. He wants an british/English core but will absolutely sign players regardless of nationality. In Molde he had an Norwegian core and mixed that in with players from all
over the world.

It’s ok to criticise our manager but the hostility needs to stop, the guy loves our club as much as we do.
The comments of a few idiots don't constitute any significant hostility.
Very few fans don't love OLE and dearly want him to succeed.
A poor season and criticism ( deserved or not) will come his way, that is football.

ForestRGoinUp

Don’t see it as hostility quite. Just criticism. And I thought the nationalist stuff was directed at Neville anyway, but just to keep in mind, he brought in 3 Brits and his 4th target (Longstaff) was a Brit. And his first target next year is a Brit.

A core would be great, but we’re trending Pretty well beyond that.

targetman

a Man Utd manager will always be under scrunity, the fans realize that, Ole realize that, everyone realizes that.

We're putting building blocks in place. It's a brave path, but to me that's the United way. Whether the kids will get games remains to be seen. What pleases me is that we seem to have a clear idea of where we want to be in 3-4 seasons, and continuity.

But it shouldn't be a boring road there, so that's on Ole and the team, game by game.

buckooo1978

what hostility? Feels like you creating something from nothing.

I'd say 99% are supportive of Ole.

Lemansky

OP is exaggerating.
I actually don’t think I am.

Loads of the criticism I see towards him is way under the belt. That he is a yes man, only like British players, will say anything to stay in the job, is a puppet and lacks backbone.

Maybe I should replace hostility with disrespect. But points still stand. I think a lot of shit is thrown towards him that is very, very unfair.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Was there a similar thread for Moyes, Jose and LVG?

But we should give the guy a chance before writing him off.

Last edited:

Jimmy_Bond

Some people on here really don't deserve to be associated with the club.

I see people ridicule Solksjear, the man who brought about our greatest moment ever as a club.

People call Neville every name under the sun, when he is a walking, living legend of the club who gave everything and personified everything that's great about the club.

There are threads with people criticising Roy Keane, saying he's this and saying he's that, when he's our greatest captain of all time and delivered the beat individual performance I've ever seen in Turin.

And worst of all, people ridicule Ferguson, making our he's some senile old fool because he recommended Moyes.

Some of our fans, and I can guarantee they are those that followed from afar during the glory years, and never saw these people sweat blood every week for the club, really are a poison. It's fine to disagree with things that these figures say or do, but to directly insult them is a sure sign that you're not a true fan of this club.

Really hope they sod off and start supporting City sooner rather than later.

0161_UNITED

These got thrown around quite a bit...

Shill
Puppet
Yes-Man
Naive
Norwegian Garden Gnome (OK, I made that one up)

Unacceptable? No.

An enlightening and frankly frightening insight into the mentality of overzealous pre-pubescent (I hope) transfer hysterics and the bread and butter for the tin foil hat brigade? Unfortunately for both the Caf and society at large, yes.

Devil may care

:lol: Dear me, snowflake central, for the record the part in the OP about a nationalist, as far as I'm aware nobody has called him that and the OP got it because he was incapable of reading my post where I was saying Gary Neville is a nationalist, which he is. Whether Ole is a yes man or not? well I think to dismiss it would be naive at best, bottom line is he never thought he'd get near this job and circumstances landed him in it, he'll not rock the boat on any level to keep it and just plug away, I do think his plan basically seems to be to copy Fergie and we'll see what happens, how much the summer transfer window was his fault and how much was Woodward's remains to be seen, the fact we only wanted the English winger in Sancho and English CM in Longstaff when we desperately needed a CM was certainly someone's stupidity.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Was there a similar thread for Moyes, Jose and LVG?

But we should give the gy3a chance before writing him off.
Has Ole had a fair chance compared to those 3 who fecked things up in time.

Ole hasn't done anything to deserve this pessimism yet. Season hasn't even started for Christ sake.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Has Ole had a fair chance compared to those 3 who fecked things up in time.

Ole hasn't done anything to deserve this pessimism yet. Season hasn't even started for Christ sake.
Agree.

But pretty sure there were similar threads.

Just don't think anyone is immune to criticism. Tbf the club deserves some this window.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
OP isn't exaggerating. Redcafe is infested with stupid posts about Solksjaer's ability. A severe lack of respect.

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
Don’t see it as hostility quite. Just criticism. And I thought the nationalist stuff was directed at Neville anyway, but just to keep in mind, he brought in 3 Brits and his 4th target (Longstaff) was a Brit. And his first target next year is a Brit.

A core would be great, but we’re trending Pretty well beyond that.
To be fair united where always at the forefront of getting the best british/Irish talent, Ole is restablishing that once we have a great British core then you can start trying to get the best talent from around the world in to the side. In all honesty I love the signings of, James, awb and maguire but I'm far more excited to see the youth ready to prove they can go toe to toe with any player in the prem.

NoLogo

Op wants attention , most people love ole.
Seems like it. There is the odd poster who seems to have an agenda against him, funnily mostly people who seem to wish Mou was still charge of things. But the majority on here loves Ole and wants to see him succeed. The major criticism imo is leveled at Ed and the Glazers, but not on Ole.

lysglimt

Scout
The main criticism against Ole is that he is a "Yes man" - which is both wrong and pretty disrespectful. People who knows Ole has desribed him as a very determined character.

Denis79

These got thrown around quite a bit...

Shill
Puppet
Yes-Man
Naive
Norwegian Garden Gnome (OK, I made that one up)

Unacceptable? No.

An enlightening and frankly frightening insight into the mentality of overzealous pre-pubescent (I hope) transfer hysterics and the bread and butter for the tin foil hat brigade? Unfortunately for both the Caf and society at large, yes.
Naive is a bad word? A person who lacks experience? I'm 100% behind Ole but he does lack experience at the highest level, using the word naive is in no way an attack on him imo.

0161_UNITED

:lol: Dear me, snowflake central, for the record the part in the OP about a nationalist, as far as I'm aware nobody has called him that and the OP got it because he was incapable of reading my post where I was saying Gary Neville is a nationalist, which he is. Whether Ole is a yes man or not? well I think to dismiss it would be naive at best, bottom line is he never thought he'd get near this job and circumstances landed him in it, he'll not rock the boat on any level to keep it and just plug away, I do think his plan basically seems to be to copy Fergie and we'll see what happens, how much the summer transfer window was his fault and how much was Woodward's remains to be seen, the fact we only wanted the English winger in Sancho and English CM in Longstaff when we desperately needed a CM was certainly someone's stupidity.
So true. Gaz, Ole and I just finished having tea and biscuits. It’s a beautiful day, the Union Jack is flying high above us. I’m sporting my new Maguire home top and got my Wan-Bissaka away in the megastore bag. Next we’re off the pub to meet up with ‘ol Phil and Mick to figure out how we can Pogba out, it’s our Trafalgar. Proper f’ing day out. God save the Queen!!!

Lemansky

Op wants attention , most people love ole.
Seems like it. There is the odd poster who seems to have an agenda against him, funnily mostly people who seem to wish Mou was still charge of things. But the majority on here loves Ole and wants to see him succeed. The major criticism imo is leveled at Ed and the Glazers, but not on Ole.
I don’t want attention. I really think a lot of the arguments I see against him is cheap. I know we should separate the player Ole and the manager Ole. But I have no doubt he has the best interest for our club at heart. When he says he is happy with his squad, that is not to please the Glazers or Woodward, that is because he wants to give his players confidence.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Managers should be scrutinized regardless of who they are or their affiliation.

I don't see any hostility towards Ole. Just pessimism and questions about what he's doing. Nothing wrong with that. Everyone wants him to succeed but blind optimism is pointless.
Not sure blind pessimism is any better to be frank.

But I'm also seeing a lot of blame being put on OGS for things he has absolutely no control over, such as selling players. The only thing the manager can control is who plays, who he wants to buy (Note: He has NO control over who is bought, he hands in a list and that is the end of his job) and who is on his coaching staff, every single aspect other than that is up to the board in its entirety.

It absolutely baffles me when posters are dissapointed he does not comment on dissapointment in the transfer window. It's just so detatched from reality that its hard to grasp. Fans are in a position to complain. OGS is in a position to lead his squad, and part of that is working with what you have, and remove any semblence of negativity from the equation whatsoever. Being negative or critical of the club in public will never accomplish anything for the manager, so why on earth does anyone expect that.

0161_UNITED

Naive is a bad word? A person who lacks experience? I'm 100% behind Ole but he does lack experience at the highest level, using the word naive is in no way an attack on him imo.
I didn’t say it’s a bad word, and it’s not my thread :lol:

I just listed the meta-narrative adjectives used on here to describe Ole. Without judgement.

Ok, maybe I’m judging... a little :keano:

Lemansky

The main criticism against Ole is that he is a "Yes man" - which is both wrong and pretty disrespectful. People who knows Ole has desribed him as a very determined character.
Good example. That and puppet, it’s very disrespectful.

The great SAF never(rarely) criticised the owner/players in public. He knew that no good would come from it.

Mark Pawelek

What hostility? Name and shame!
Influencers are constantly saying Ole should publicly stand up to Glazers / Woodward. That's nonsense. Part of Ole's job description probably involves putting out good PR. Criticising management for not spending more on transfers will be interpreted as running down the club. Which will be a handy excuse for them to throw Ole under a train when it suits them.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
There's lots of evidence of 'disrespect' towards ole in his manager thread and particularly the press conference thread.
Hostility? No.
Lemansky has clarified himself that was just a poor choice of words.

Denis79

I didn’t say it’s a bad word, and it’s not my thread :lol:

I just listed the meta-narrative adjectives used on here to describe Ole. Without judgement.

Ok, maybe I’m judging... a little :keano:
Haha, well that's what forums are for :lol: