The unfair criticism/accusations against our manager is unacceptable

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Influencers are constantly saying Ole should publicly stand up to Glazers / Woodward. That's nonsense. Part of Ole's job description probably involves putting out good PR. Criticising management for not spending more on transfers will be interpreted as running down the club. Which will be a handy excuse for them to throw Ole under a train when it suits them.
Quote one of them!

A few people pussyfooting around in this thread, fecking quote someone!

NoLogo

I don’t want attention. I really think a lot of the arguments I see against him is cheap. I know we should separate the player Ole and the manager Ole. But I have no doubt he has the best interest for our club at heart. When he says he is happy with his squad, that is not to please the Glazers or Woodward, that is because he wants to give his players confidence.
People who criticize this, are the same idiots who demand the manager to tear into the team in publicly. Just ignore them. If after all those years they haven't gotten that players and managers usually only give the TV teams the PR speech where everything is dandy and fine, well I really don't know what to say to these people anymore. So yeah, just ignore them.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
I frankly don't see much hostility or critism of Ole. We all love him, but we also all know that he's an unproven as a manager at the highest level.

dove

yes man, only like British players, will say anything to stay in the job, is a puppet and lacks backbone
To be fair most of this is true, whether you like it or not. I don't see many people criticising him for no reason but I see quite a few, including me who are not convinced he is the right man to take us back where we belong.

0161_UNITED

NoLogo

@Lemansky alright mate, after reading the press conference thread I think you have a point mate. That's just stupid. What do people expect, that he slams Woody and the Glazers in front of the press for being incompetent fools who ruin the club? I guess people who expect that have never had a job in their live or else they would know it's a sure way to get fired.

ForestRGoinUp

It could be said there’s a bigger issue with too many protecting him from any and all blame. Ready to point the finger at anyone besides Ole if the results are not satisfactory this year. That he should have time no matter what.

Think that lot need to recalibrate and figure out how to judge him objectively as a coach and as a manager. Can he develop our players, establish a playing identity beyond athleticism, and motivate a team to fight for each other?

I’ve been more shocked by the coddling of him to be honest.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Nah he isn't. There are a lot of examples in the "permanent manager" thread. He is not the main focus of the criticism - but he gets a LOT as well.
Yeah. Funny to see people here getting all wound up over semantics. "Hostility?! What!!".

I think having concerns about a manager who isn't proven at the highest level is fair. But it really does get a big much at times. Let's see how Ole gets on during his first proper season in charge before whining constantly about him.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Naive is a bad word? A person who lacks experience? I'm 100% behind Ole but he does lack experience at the highest level, using the word naive is in no way an attack on him imo.
In what way is he naive?

He played for Manchester United for nearly 11 from 96 to 2007 under the greatest manager in football history, coached the Manchester United reserves for 3 years under the tutelage of SAF. One failed experiment with one of the most dysfunctional PL clubs in Cardiff he obviously learnt a lot from, and 7 years coaching Molde in the Norwegian league. He's had international success with Molde in the Europa league, on top of winning all domestic titles.

This is his 12th successive year managing a football club, the last 9 months in charge of Manchester United.

Pochettino, Zidane, Pep Guardiola. All managers who had near non-existent experience before being givent he reins of some of the best football clubs int he world. Even Jürgen Klopp had a cushy start. Honestly most managers that are something today, were given a shot at managing a big time club after some reserve team, or very limited experience beforehand.

Out of all these, OGS is by far the most qualified to manage a football club based on his experience before taking over the club alone. (Not current day, obviously, Pep does have somewhat better current qualifications).

Is Naive meant to state that he does not understand the game, the club, the league, the players? He's been an intregral part of every aspect of a world class football club his entire career.

So I guess I'm just struggling to wrap my head around why he's supposedly so naive?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It could be said there’s a bigger issue with too many protecting him from any and all blame. Ready to point the finger at anyone besides Ole if the results are not satisfactory this year. That he should have time no matter what.

Think that lot need to recalibrate and figure out how to judge him objectively as a coach and as a manager. Can he develop our players, establish a playing identity beyond athleticism, and motivate a team to fight for each other?

I’ve been more shocked by the coddling of him to be honest.
It could be said. But it would also be wrong. Ole took over in amidst a Mourinho melt down season. If he fails miserably this season the knives will be out and rightfully so. If he does well he'll be praised and rightfully so. But regardless people shouldn't be rushing to rash conclusions given this is his first full season. So it's a bit strange that you're shocked.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
The British core thing has been exaggerated a lot, i think the point is that British players will have much more respect, and will to play for the club, than southern European or South American players.
That is the main point, players who wants to come here, regardless of their nationality.
I think i core of Brithish and central/northern European players, is the way to go, because they tend to care more about the PL and United.

I frankly don't see much hostility or critism of Ole. We all love him, but we also all know that he's an unproven as a manager at the highest level.
He did very well in EL with a weak team, compared to PL teams.
Pep and Zidane was unproven as manager on top level, Ole has a lot more experience than they had.

ForestRGoinUp

It could be said. But it would also be wrong. Ole took over in amidst a Mourinho melt down season. If he fails miserably this season the knives will be out and rightfully so. If he does well he'll be praised and rightfully so. But regardless people shouldn't be rushing to rash conclusions given this is his first full season. So it's a bit strange that you're shocked.
Well, on one side there are people criticizing him. And on the other side there are people saying he’s been set up to fail, making it clear they’re unwilling to blame him.

Nothing at all with judging him on his merits as a coach, of which last season provided no real convincing argument one way or another. So judge him objectively going forward. Don’t shield him from criticism. He’s the manager of Manchester United. He can do it or he can’t.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
There was an entire thread on it:
https://www.redcafe.net/threads/ole...-lack-of-signings.449270/page-6#post-24456034
Search it for “puppet”, “shill”,”yes man”,”coward”,”personally performed Woodward’s Colonoscopy” and “Norwegian Garden Gnome”. (Ok I made the last 2 up). His press conference threads are the same.
There's no results for "coward" or "Shill" either so you made those up as well. :smirk:

One person called him a puppet. "Has zero ruthlessness he’s a Glazer/Woodward puppet nothing more." Whilst that's not nice, I don't see that as a totally unreasonable thought.

This is a forum at the end of the day and some people have concerns about OGS.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
What hostility? Name and shame!
Hostility ? That's way OTT
Didn’t realise there was any hostility
OP is exaggerating.
Hyperbole
Op wants attention , most people love ole.
@Lemansky is actually on to something. Noticed it a while ago while reading the Ole thread. The following are less that a few days old:

His managerial career is done
I used to think he’ll be gone by december, but he is Mr. Yes to Woodward and the Glazzers, he has just adapted to all the shit this summer that is now hard to remember all the recklessness he showed/said at first. “I will succeed here and not all the players will be a part of that” “the survival of the fittest” etc.

I think he will complete the season, he is loved by the fans so that eases the pressure for the board even though we have a shitty season again.

I think top 4 is highly unlikely and we will lose 25% of the adidas deal and Pogba for sure next summer, there’s no way he will stand for another season after missing two UCL in a row.

So we’ll be in an ever tougher situation and will be harder to get top players and coaches.

Sadly I think we are signing the final debacle of this club right now.
If he had anything about him he’d resign, keep his United legacy intact. The thing is he’s greedy, he knows he’ll never get wages like at United anywhere else, so he’s willing to be a yes man for his own personal wealth
Ole just killed Pogba off. Pogba now has a genuine reason to leave.
He talks so much about Fergie and Fergie's way. Shame that he didn't adopt one thing from Fergie; you must have goal maschine in attack! Fergie tolerated also dross on some positions but striker was his no1 priority
The excuses will start at the press conference tomorrow
He won’t last the season. Not a chance
Did he give realistic targets?
Did he not justify why he wanted to replace Herrera and Fellaini?
If he did then he's not strong enough to be the manager and get what he needs.
I'd put money on him being the first manager sacked.
He will be the first to be sacked Im afraid. But he has only himself to be blamed for trusting Ed Woodward.
What will Ole's excuse be now when we are rotting in 7th place?

Last season was - can't wait for pre season, whip the boys in shape
- Some players will not play for Manutd again
- need 4/5 bodies

Pre season - he mentioned he is happy with the work in the transfer window.

What will Ole blame? we won't accept "the other team was better than us" anymore. You have had a pre season to prepare.

Failure is not an option.
Exactly, I will not feel bad for Ole if he is sacked. He should have made demands before signing a contract and resigned if they were not delivered.

He has accepted this squad, and trusting the club.

0161_UNITED

@Devil may care, quick nationalist update. Cracking day out, who knew Woody was a party animal and needed to blow off some steam. We all got matching St. George “Brexit FC” bicep tats! Woody knew the bloke who owned the pub, and he started up the Karoake for us. Ole just finished the most touching version of Land of Hope of Glory that we had to WhatsApp in Lukaku and troll his fat arse. Oh, Woody, the evil genius had a real life Norwegian Garden Gnome holding a Union Jack created hand made (his garden pottery contacts are ace). Gaz is at the wheel, and we’re headed out to Cheshire to plant it in Pogba’s. Phil just can’t stop laughing, the tit.

Side note: We lost Micky Phelan in Macclesfield. If found, send us a text.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
You can agree or disagree with the appointment of Ole Gunnar Solskjær. One can easily argue that he is not on the level of other managers in the league and that he is not qualified.

What surprise me is the share hostility form some against him: yes man, only like British players, will say anything to stay in the job, is a puppet and lacks backbone

What I am certain about is that Ole, regardless of his qualifications has the best interest of this club at heart. He loves this club and wants us to succeed. He has chosen a path to be successful and hopefully he succeed.

The notion that he only wants to sign British players is rubbish. He wants an british/English core but will absolutely sign players regardless of nationality. In Molde he had an Norwegian core and mixed that in with players from all
over the world.

It’s ok to criticise our manager but the hostility needs to stop, the guy loves our club as much as we do.

Edit: English is not my first language so hostility is replaced with unfair criticism/accusations
100% agree and the forum owner and mods have to share responsibility for not keeping these hostile morons in check.

Devil may care

So true. Gaz, Ole and I just finished having tea and biscuits. It’s a beautiful day, the Union Jack is flying high above us. I’m sporting my new Maguire home top and got my Wan-Bissaka away in the megastore bag. Next we’re off the pub to meet up with ‘ol Phil and Mick to figure out how we can Pogba out, it’s our Trafalgar. Proper f’ing day out. God save the Queen!!!
@Devil may care, quick nationalist update. Cracking day out, who knew Woody was a party animal and needed to blow off some steam. We all got matching St. George “Brexit FC” bicep tats! Woody knew the bloke who owned the pub, and he started up the Karoake for us. Ole just finished the most touching version of Land of Hope of Glory that we had to WhatsApp in Lukaku and troll his fat arse. Oh, Woody, the evil genius had a real life Norwegian Garden Gnome holding a Union Jack created hand made (his garden pottery contacts are ace). Gaz is at the wheel, and we’re headed out to Cheshire to plant it in Pogba’s. Phil just can’t stop laughing, the tit.

Side note: We lost Micky Phelan in Macclesfield. If found, send us a text.
The first post was moderately amusing, but now you're trying too hard, 5/10.

0161_UNITED

There's no results for "coward" or "Shill" either so you made those up as well. :smirk:

One person called him a puppet. "Has zero ruthlessness he’s a Glazer/Woodward puppet nothing more." Whilst that's not nice, I don't see that as a totally unreasonable thought.

This is a forum at the end of the day and some people have concerns about OGS.
Or the Transfer Tweets thread or any other thread.

Goddammit, @duffer I don’t have time to name names. @Devil may care said Gaz is a nationist, and to prove it I’m on a proper day out with Gaz and Ole we’re getting all nationalist. We’ve got Three Lions cranked up to 11 in the Range Rover and we’re trying to find Mick Phelan, he wandered off from a petrol station in Macclesfield.

Kag

Most of the people ‘personally’ (this word is important) criticising him are in the same bracket as those wankers you get commenting upon United under a Facebook post. Sat in their underpants in the arse end of nowhere (nowhere near Old Trafford), with zero connection to what Ole Gunnar Solskjaer did for the club in 1999 at all. They don’t get it.

OP is largely right, too. We had one twat on here yesterday who argued that Van Gaal and Mourinho should be ‘lionised’ and that Ole was ‘only in it for himself’.

Criticising his role as a coach is fair game. Not thinking he’s up to it is fine. But calling him a yes man, or a stooge, or a self bastard - which is essentially what is implied - is bollocks and shouldn’t be tolerated. Because let’s be honest, this forum is indulging a terrible quality of poster at the moment. Half of the newbies can’t even formulate a coherently written post.

Read the press conference thread from yesterday if you fancy taking a pop at the OP. Plenty of remarks in there that call into question the man’s integrity. It’s Ole for feck sake, not the last twat we had in charge.

Kammy26

This thread is a joke, since when is it wrong to express your opinion, whether right or wrong, criticism or praise, it’s a public forum for god sake. PEOPLE CAN SAY WHATEVER THEY WANT (within reason)!!!! It’s not Nazi germany FFS.

I don’t understand why some fans get so defensive over Solskjaer. He should be judged and criticised like every other manager, just because he happens to be a united legend posters think we should all shut up and not say anything what a joke.

If someone criticises and insults him as a player I will be the first to defend him. As a manager no fecking chance, he will get the same treatment as every other manager we have had post Fergie

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Most of the people ‘personally’ (this word is important) criticising him are in the same bracket as those wankers you get commenting upon United under a Facebook post. Sat in their underpants in the arse end of nowhere (nowhere near Old Trafford), with zero connection to what Ole Gunnar Solskjaer did for the club in 1999 at all. They don’t get it.

OP is largely right, too. We had one twat on here yesterday who argued that Van Gaal and Mourinho should be ‘lionised’ and that Ole was ‘only in it for himself’.

Criticising his role as a coach is fair game. Not thinking he’s up to it is fine. But calling him a yes man, or a stooge, or a self bastard - which is essentially what is implied - is bollocks and shouldn’t be tolerated. Because let’s be honest, this forum is indulging a terrible quality of poster at the moment. Half of the newbies can’t even formulate a coherently written post.

Read the press conference thread from yesterday if you fancy taking a pop at the OP. Plenty of remarks in there that call into question the man’s integrity. It’s Ole for feck sake, not the last twat we had in charge.
Who was it? fecking hell, that's just terrible post is anyone said that. Just pathetic.

Kag

This thread is a joke, since when is it wrong to express your opinion, whether right or wrong, criticism or praise, it’s a public forum for god sake. PEOPLE CAN SAY WHATEVER THEY WANT (within reason)!!!! It’s not Nazi germany FFS.

I don’t understand why some fans get so defensive over Solskjaer. He should be judged and criticised like every other manager, just because he happens to be a united legend posters think we should all shut up and not say anything what a joke.

If someone criticises and insults him as a player I will be the first to defend him. As a manager no fecking chance, he will get the same treatment as every other manager we have had post Fergie
Mods are tolerating cat’s piss like this.

Shockingly written comparisons with Nazi Germany.

Kammy26

Its only on here there is hostility. At the matches, he's like God walking through the tunnel.
He will never get booed by the old Trafford crowd we very rarely boo any of our own. I go to the games and I know plenty of ST holders and a lot of them criticise Solskjaer and are not happy with the appointment and plenty dislike him as a “manager” and think he will fail

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!

In what world is attacking the manager for things the manager can't actually controll considered reasonable? I was hoping the manager would get some respect on account of being a club legend, but I guess some fans will want to scream at their lungs desire from day 1.

0161_UNITED

Yup. Shots fired and right on ya, mate.

Some of us have endured 3 months of hysterical semi-literate nonces camped out in every thread polluting it with half-baked conspiracy theories. We should get to blow off some steam, too.

Focusmate

Supports
Non League
Its the exact opposite though. If we had a big name manager, he would have got a lot more flack for the worst run in 40 odd years at the end of last season.

Everyone likes Ole and wants to give him time. Doesnt mean there will be absolutely zero criticsm on forums. Even if things dont go well this season the board will get a lot of the blame. Hopefully the pre season good form continues and hit the new season running.

Last edited by a moderator:

ryansgirl

The British core thing has been exaggerated a lot, i think the point is that British players will have much more respect, and will to play for the club, than southern European or South American players.
That is the main point, players who wants to come here, regardless of their nationality.
I think i core of Brithish and central/northern European players, is the way to go, because they tend to care more about the PL and United.
Yes, I loved the mini-hysteria generated in the media about supposed nationalism in United prioritizing British players who know the Premier League inside out, speak the official language of the UK and so can communicate effectively on the pitch in English Premier League games, and being British also means coming from backgrounds that reflect the multi-cultural reality of the UK.

Marcus Rashford's family came from St Kitt's Nevis I believe, Aaron Wan-Bissaka's family background is Congolese, David Beckham's maternal grandfather was Jewish and his family probably originally came from Eastern Europe like so many Jewish British people. They are British players.

South American players are often very skilled and entertaining but they prefer the Spanish and Italian leagues because of historical-cultural ties to their countries, use of same languages, similar lifestyles, and similar climates in some cases.

Denis79

In what way is he naive?

He played for Manchester United for nearly 11 from 96 to 2007 under the greatest manager in football history, coached the Manchester United reserves for 3 years under the tutelage of SAF. One failed experiment with one of the most dysfunctional PL clubs in Cardiff he obviously learnt a lot from, and 7 years coaching Molde in the Norwegian league. He's had international success with Molde in the Europa league, on top of winning all domestic titles.

This is his 12th successive year managing a football club, the last 9 months in charge of Manchester United.

Pochettino, Zidane, Pep Guardiola. All managers who had near non-existent experience before being givent he reins of some of the best football clubs int he world. Even Jürgen Klopp had a cushy start. Honestly most managers that are something today, were given a shot at managing a big time club after some reserve team, or very limited experience beforehand.

Out of all these, OGS is by far the most qualified to manage a football club based on his experience before taking over the club alone. (Not current day, obviously, Pep does have somewhat better current qualifications).

Is Naive meant to state that he does not understand the game, the club, the league, the players? He's been an intregral part of every aspect of a world class football club his entire career.

So I guess I'm just struggling to wrap my head around why he's supposedly so naive?
Inexperienced at this level of management, it does not mean he'll fail because of it. But being a player at this level and a manager are two different things. Look, I'm behind Ole 100% but arguing that he has experience at this level is unfounded.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Hardly call that hostile. No doubt Ole has some doubters on this forum, but hostility sounds as if he has a toxic cloud above him.
I mean I barely even scratched that thread. If being called a yes man, not strong, and greedy aren't hostile than who needs friends.

Crustanoid

Yeah there’s no way I’ll be blaming Ole this season. If we do badly, which is probable, the blame lies squarely with Ed and the owners for their sheer incompetence regarding the running of the club.

Anyone blaming Ole is clearly giving the Glazers and Ed a pass to carry on with their behaviour

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
Give me any United manager who has been absorbed from criticism when results isn’t on par to expectations. It goes with the territory and the day we have a United forum without any form debate regarding what’s right or wrong then I’m out of this place.

Unfair criticism against our manager? Probably. Name calling or insults. Very very few from what I can see.

Trying to censor discussions will only achieve that many members will stop posting an lose interest in being part of this community. Is that what we want? The great thing with Redcafé is that the mods accept different opinions and “wild” discussions. To take that away would be counter productive from my perspective.

The owners are the root of the majority of problems that supporters are frustrated with. Our CEO’s first priority is to satisfy the owners and our shareholders. Taking care of football related problems seems to be low on his to do list. As a manager and a club spokesman Solskjær will always be under the microscope and he’s paid to accept this.

Crustanoid

In what way is he naive?

Very good post

We saw his capabilities in those first few games. The fitness issues then began to tell and he is slowly but surely implementing changes but is massively hamstrung by our bellend owners and Ed. So we’re going to have to give him a lot of time.

The Glazers/Ed are the ones who need the anger directed towards them if things go South, not Ole

Ole is a club legend and loves the club, so we really need to respect him.

Halftrack

In what world is accusing him of having no backbone, being a yes-man and a Glazer stooge and only being in it for himself criticism? That's what most want to see a crackdown on. Completely idiotic shit based on nothing but conjecture.

There's a ravenous mass of loons scouring every clip for something, anything to use as a stick to beat him with. These are mostly people that have been moaning about the appointment since day one, and I'm willing to bet a decent chunk of them are hoping for him to fail, despite their protests to the contrary, just to be able to go "I told you so."
Trying to censor discussions will only achieve that many members will stop posting an lose interest in being part of this community. Is that what we want? The great thing with Redcafé is that the mods accept different opinions and “wild” discussions. To take that away would be counter productive from my perspective.
Given the quality of posting from the moaners, I'd call that a win.

Enigma_87

You know who
OP do you know what hostility means?

Ole the player and Ole the manager have nothing in common. So far he has not done anything to be absolved from criticism just like any other manager.

@Lemansky when you make some sweeping statements like that you better back it up.