The unfair criticism/accusations against our manager is unacceptable

NJM78

I never wanted him as a manager and I have been watching this club religiously since 1985 so I do appreciate our old players, especially the legends.
I just didn't think he was ready for such a job however I will support him at the club despite not agreeing with things he says or his choice of certain players week in week out.
I just really hope he succeeds as I want nothing more for the club but if he does royally feck it up he should pay as any other manager would.

Lemansky

OP do you know what hostility means?

Ole the player and Ole the manager have nothing in common. So far he has not done anything to be absolved from criticism just like any other manager.

@Lemansky when you make some sweeping statements like that you better back it up.
If you check the original post I have taken away hostility and replaced with unfounded criticism/ accusations. There is many examples of this here and in social media in general.

ryansgirl

Ole the player and Ole the manager have nothing in common. So far he has not done anything to be absolved from criticism just like any other manager.
@Lemansky when you make some sweeping statements like that you better back it up.
There is a difference, however, between constant sniping and harping on with assertions that are falsely labeled 'facts'.

Posters have different views and it's what makes a forum. However, labeling Ole as more or less cowardly and a yes man and marking time before his inevitable sacking because he handles the press well by not giving away too much, won't be drawn into controversies about the club owners and board, and prefers to de-escalate situations that the media loves to circle around, is just needless.

0161_UNITED

I never wanted him as a manager and I have been watching this club religiously since 1985 so I do appreciate our old players, especially the legends.
I just didn't think he was ready for such a job however I will support him at the club despite not agreeing with things he says or his choice of certain players week in week out.
I just really hope he succeeds as I want nothing more for the club but if he does royally feck it up he should pay as any other manager would.
Well done for you then. Golf clap.

You pop up up in every thread to whine, moan and spread misery. If you royally feck it up, you should pay as any other poster would.

Kag

It has been backed up.

If you choose to ignore it then you’ve got an issue with your comprehension or eyesight. Of course, I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt and suggest that maybe you’ve been looking in the wrong threads. Take a gander.

Maticmaker

Hostility towards a new manager initially tends to be only in the minds of those fans who would have preferred someone else be appointed.

If the manager then struggles in the job the hostility will increase, but even if he is successful the initial level of hostility from those who didn't want him in the first place does not tend to recede much.

We have seen it often at United, but it tends to occur everywhere.

0161_UNITED

It has been backed up.

If you choose to ignore it then you’ve got an issue with your comprehension or eyesight. Of course, I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt and suggest that maybe you’ve been looking in the wrong threads. Take a gander.
Yup.

Mods can search “puppet” “shill” and “yes man” far more easily than I can. Name and shame? Why not I say!

Enigma_87

You know who
If you check the original post I have taken away hostility and replaced with unfounded criticism/ accusations. There is many examples of this here and in social media in general.
It's still there in the OP ;) but yeah saw the edit now. It's OTT statement no doubt. Every United manager was under scrutiny Ole should make no difference. You can dig the old threads about Moyes, Jose, LvG etc.

There is a difference, however, between constant sniping and harping on with assertions that are falsely labeled 'facts'.

Posters have different views and it's what makes a forum. However, labeling Ole as more or less cowardly and a yes man and marking time before his inevitable sacking because he handles the press well by not giving away too much, won't be drawn into controversies about the club owners and board, and prefers to de-escalate situations that the media loves to circle around, is just needless.
There is no example of him being an 'yes' man, but on the other hand there is no example of not being one. It's just a matter of opinion. It's a forum so normally you should have fans on both sides, hardly something you need to veto.

It has been backed up.

Hostility is a very strong word. Calling someone a 'yes' man is hardly one. The thread is useless. How is different to fans calling Lvg a dinosaur and what has been said to Moyes and Jose?

Edit: Shill is indeed needless, but haven't come across that, care to provide evidence?

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Very good post

We saw his capabilities in those first few games. The fitness issues then began to tell and he is slowly but surely implementing changes but is massively hamstrung by our bellend owners and Ed. So we’re going to have to give him a lot of time.

The Glazers/Ed are the ones who need the anger directed towards them if things go South, not Ole

Ole is a club legend and loves the club, so we really need to respect him.
Ole needs all the help he can get. Why Woodward and the Glazers have handicapped him.
What a shit show. So we strengthened the defence.
feck all done about the midfield.

If it goes tits up it is 100% the fault of the owners.

OverratedOpinion

He has done exactly the right thing when talking to the press. For him to come out and lambast the club for failing to sign enough players would only perpetuate the feeling of negativity around the club, show a lack of confidence in the squad he does have and weaken his position with the board.

I'd hope he pushed hard enough behind the scenes to get deals done but that is the one thing I can imagine he may have been a little weak on. He does not have a great deal of bargaining power.

As far as fans questioning whether he is the right man for the job, that is not his fault. He was offered his dream job on the back of the work a sacrifices he made for the club as a player for a decade and having a fantastic start as temporary boss. I think any sensible person knows that if he fails it will not be due to lack of effort or passion for the club.

If our fan base can't collectively get behind him then we won't get behind anyone that isn't Sir Alex.

el3mel

What's the hostility in saying he's a Yes man, when everything points to this ? Of course I'm against insulting him, he's our ex legend, but that's a valid criticism that he has shown nothing so far to prove otherwise.

All I see is the opposite. Many posters are setting the tone that Ole is fully blameless and any failure happening in this season will be due to other reasons. Even extending contracts of Jones and Young were thrown on someone else. I don't like this tone. If he shows to be clueless on the pitch it'll be his problem as much as it's Woodward's. Being an ex legend means he should be respected and not get insulted, but at the same time, doesn't mean we should treat him as fully blameless like some are preparing already for the starting season.

0161_UNITED

What's the hostility in saying he's a Yes man, when everything points to this ? Of course I'm against insulting him, he's our ex legend, but that's a valid criticism that he has shown nothing so far to prove otherwise.

All I see is the opposite. Many posters are setting the tone that Ole is fully blameless and any failure happening in this season will be due to other reasons. Even extending contracts of Jones and Young were thrown on someone else. I don't like this tone. If he shows to be clueless on the pitch it'll be his problem as much as it's Woodward's. Being an ex legend means he should be respected and not get insulted, but at the same time, doesn't mean we should treat him as fully blameless like some are preparing already for the starting season.
Where’s the hostility in saying Egypt were crap at ACN? All I see is the opposite.

Enigma_87

You know who
Most of the people ‘personally’ (this word is important) criticising him are in the same bracket as those wankers you get commenting upon United under a Facebook post. Sat in their underpants in the arse end of nowhere (nowhere near Old Trafford), with zero connection to what Ole Gunnar Solskjaer did for the club in 1999 at all. They don’t get it.

OP is largely right, too. We had one twat on here yesterday who argued that Van Gaal and Mourinho should be ‘lionised’ and that Ole was ‘only in it for himself’.

Criticising his role as a coach is fair game. Not thinking he’s up to it is fine. But calling him a yes man, or a stooge, or a self bastard - which is essentially what is implied - is bollocks and shouldn’t be tolerated. Because let’s be honest, this forum is indulging a terrible quality of poster at the moment. Half of the newbies can’t even formulate a coherently written post.

Read the press conference thread from yesterday if you fancy taking a pop at the OP. Plenty of remarks in there that call into question the man’s integrity. It’s Ole for feck sake, not the last twat we had in charge.
Come on mate. Let's differentiate Ole the player from Ole the manager.

Have you seen what Keano has been called since he retired? He's an even bigger part of United's history, yet you could easily dig much stronger words than those you put up above.

Neville received plenty of mockery during the time he was at Valencia and also for some of his commentary. Scholes too. We hardly saw some precious thread on the topic.

I criticized his opening presser where he had a go at the fans, apart from that I'd hardly have a go at him in the latter(saw them) because it's more of a PR spin. He still doesn't have experience talking to the media from in that position so no doubt he has been briefed for most of the tasks which is normal.

All in all everyone has his own opinion and the freedom to express it. If you don't agree with it it's perfectly ok.

el3mel

Where’s the hostility in saying Egypt were crap at ACN? All I see is the opposite.
I myself didn't have any problem with that because I was saying that myself. :D Though it's a different case because we're describing a football team not a specific legend.

0161_UNITED

Come on mate. Let's differentiate Ole the player from Ole the manager.

Have you seen what Keano has been called since he retired? He's an even bigger part of United's history, yet you could easily dig much stronger words than those you put up above.

Neville received plenty of mockery during the time he was at Valencia and also for some of his commentary. Scholes too. We hardly saw some precious thread on the topic.

I criticized his opening presser where he had a go at the fans, apart from that I'd hardly have a go at him in the latter(saw them) because it's more of a PR spin. He still doesn't have experience talking to the media from in that position so no doubt he has been briefed for most of the tasks which is normal.

All in all everyone has his own opinion and the freedom to express it. If you don't agree with it it's perfectly ok.
I missed the missed the Keano and Scholes posts and threads that have pervaded this forum for the past 3 months calling them a “shill”, “puppet”, and “yes man”. Kindly point them out.

ManchesterYoda

I fear this season will be our worst season since Ferguson retired. I don't understand how so many fans forget how badly we ended last season. Having no confidence in Solskjaer as a manager doesn't mean I no longer consider him a United Legend as a player.
Our attack is unbalanced, that's why we struggle so badly, that's why we don't score enough goals. This has been our no.1 problem for 6 seasons, soon to be 7 seasons. How many more seasons until we do something about it?

GM K

I think people are entitled to criticize Ole. It comes with the territory. What is wrong is to throw out unreasonable, unfair and unrealistic criticisms. Let's give the man a chance. He has not even been there for a year for goodness sake. And one thing is becoming clearer, the CEO/ Board is a problem. We can't blame Ole for lack of sales or not buying enough players.

Ole has had his pre-season and had enough time with the players. We can only start to really assess him by December if not the end of the season. I'll be backing him fully.

Enigma_87

You know who
Fair play. Keano is a bit of a nutter, though.
He is, but that doesn't make him love United less. In his own way he still wants us to be the best and hasn't contributed any less on the football pitch than Ole during his career.

Ade_

For me, this is a fresh start now for Ole, and I will judge him based on what he does from this point onwards.

0161_UNITED

He is, but that doesn't make him love United less. In his own way he still wants us to be the best and hasn't contributed any less on the football pitch than Ole during his career.
Yeah, happy his frankly disastrous managerial record means he won’t considered to be a shill, puppet, and yes man for the club.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
Most of the people ‘personally’ (this word is important) criticising him are in the same bracket as those wankers you get commenting upon United under a Facebook post. Sat in their underpants in the arse end of nowhere (nowhere near Old Trafford), with zero connection to what Ole Gunnar Solskjaer did for the club in 1999 at all. They don’t get it.

OP is largely right, too. We had one twat on here yesterday who argued that Van Gaal and Mourinho should be ‘lionised’ and that Ole was ‘only in it for himself’.

Criticising his role as a coach is fair game. Not thinking he’s up to it is fine. But calling him a yes man, or a stooge, or a self bastard - which is essentially what is implied - is bollocks and shouldn’t be tolerated. Because let’s be honest, this forum is indulging a terrible quality of poster at the moment. Half of the newbies can’t even formulate a coherently written post.

Read the press conference thread from yesterday if you fancy taking a pop at the OP. Plenty of remarks in there that call into question the man’s integrity. It’s Ole for feck sake, not the last twat we had in charge.
The last “twat” won us one major trophy and finished second with a limited squad. I’m glad he’s gone and in hindsight he was the wrong promotion but be careful when accuse other poster to don’t show enough respect.

Enigma_87

You know who
Yeah, happy his frankly disastrous managerial record means he won’t be a shill, puppet, and yes man for the club.
Given the managerial appointments so far I wouldn't be surprised if he and Neville are in contention for the next one.

Ole had a terrible stint at Cardiff too.

0161_UNITED

The last “twat” won us one major trophy and finished second with a limited squad. I’m glad he’s gone and in hindsight he was the wrong promotion but be careful when accuse other poster to don’t show enough respect.
He said twat about a poster, not Mourinho.

Edit: He said twat twice. :lol:
Apologies. Too many twats to keep count of. It happens.

RedPhil1957

I am more optimistic about the playing side of club long term than I have been for a while. Changes made with coaching, fitness and academy staff are already bringing signs of improvement on the pitch. Our signings will make us much stronger at back and the preseason games showed me a fitter faster first team squad than previous few years.

arthurka

I would say he is 90% supported. But man we are a pessimistic bunch.

Ole bought well, all players who want to be here and I am sure he would have loved to add players to that bunch. He has done well and will work with players to become better. He is creating a team spirit and identity something that has been missing.

I am looking forward to this season but I think he will be hounded out by us around xmas.

Crashoutcassius

Don’t see it as hostility quite. Just criticism. And I thought the nationalist stuff was directed at Neville anyway, but just to keep in mind, he brought in 3 Brits and his 4th target (Longstaff) was a Brit. And his first target next year is a Brit.

A core would be great, but we’re trending Pretty well beyond that.
Dybala we were certainly in for... eriksen likely too. Neither brits. Wierd. Almost like he won't just sign brits.

SaintMuppet

Everybody on Moancafe is better qualified than Ole. They are better qualified than Ed Woodward too as well as being better players than the entirety of our squad.

I really don’t know how they have so much time to moan here when they are either managing or playing for top tier clubs.

Valencia's Left Foot

Supports
Austin FC, USMNT, Three Lions
You can agree or disagree with the appointment of Ole Gunnar Solskjær. One can easily argue that he is not on the level of other managers in the league and that he is not qualified.

What surprise me is the accusations and the unfair/unfounded criticism against him: yes man, only like British players, will say anything to stay in the job, is a puppet and lacks backbone

What I am certain about is that Ole, regardless of his qualifications has the best interest of this club at heart. He loves this club and wants us to succeed. He has chosen a path to be successful and hopefully he succeed.

The notion that he only wants to sign British players is rubbish. He wants an british/English core but will absolutely sign players regardless of nationality. In Molde he had an Norwegian core and mixed that in with players from all
over the world.

It’s ok to criticise our manager but the hostility needs to stop, the guy loves our club as much as we do.

Edit: English is not my first language so hostility is replaced with unfair criticism/accusations
Agreed. He’s the opposite of Mou, he believes in putting out a positive front, which with this team and fan base is exactly what we need. Thank god he didn’t go scorched earth on the board before the season, we need our boys to be confident. There will come a time when he will need to speak his mind but now is definitely not it.

M Bison

Supports
York City
I find the accusations of “yes man” particularly silly, when I read them I just think that particular poster sounds a bit thick as it’s baseless.

Foxbatt

I do not think he is a Yes man but he is not going to come out in public and say that Woodwad did not back him in the transfer market. Ole will know that he does not have the quality of players to succeed but again he is not Moyes to come out and demoralise his current squad. He is not a bloody fool to think he has the players needed to win the PL and the CL.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
I do not think he is a Yes man but he is not going to come out in public and say that Woodwad did not back him in the transfer market. Ole will know that he does not have the quality of players to succeed but again he is not Moyes to come out and demoralise his current squad. He is not a bloody fool to think he has the players needed to win the PL and the CL.
Nobody expects him to win either the PL or the CL though, so why bother saying it?

People will expect him to form a brand of decent footy, improve the players he's working with and to be competitive - if he can't do that, consistently, by the end of the season, after already being in charge for 6 months, he should move on.