The United Stand........."Big Announcement"

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
When you've got over the crapness of the latest goals we've conceded or loss etc, it is quite funny watching him melt down at times.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
My guilty pleasure is definetly not Mark Goldbridge.

It's Mark Goldbridge threads on here.

cyberman

He hasn't said any worse than what's gets said on here. His heat of the moment clips, opinions, place of upbringing, real name etc doesn't require the amount of vitriol that gets said on here. Just the mere mention of his name sends some into a rage.
Doesn’t matter if other people say it, doesn’t change the fact he says it. I’m not saying he’s the most toxic fan out there but he enables it.
Another thing I hate is the way he talks down to fans who send in their opinions. He constantly invents strawmen just to shit on other fans. He hears one report and it’s gospel, the constant whining about Richarlison (just because Romano said it) last summer was nauseating

lysglimt

Scout
I just remember 2 things:

a) When he broke the news that we had signed Sancho - a year before we actually signed Sancho

b) How he spent months telling everyone how we should sign v.d Beek over Grealish - and was really smug when we did. For a while at least.

ForeverRed1

Did this guy not have a Nottingham Forest fan channel before he switched to Utd or were those just rumors?
no he didn’t, it’s because he’s from Nottingham not Manchester. He has addressed it before. He’s a United fan through and through.

fair play with the studio, looking forward to the content.

krazyrobus

Watched one video a while ago, that was a transfer video and he was asked out certain transfers and he was basically pulling info out of his ass. I lasted about 10 minutes before concluding he is a waste of my time, haven't watch anything since.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

Fair play to him and all, but i can't stand listening to him constantly shitting on the club or players. It's probably not worse than the average caf member, but for some reason it doesn't sit right with me coming from him and the chat parroting the same bs.

Bwuk

He's a knob.

I much prefer Paddock.

Goldbridge is a leech. He's making money pretending to be a United fan.

Lyng

I dont really follow
He's a knob.

I much prefer Paddock.

Goldbridge is a leech. He's making money pretending to be a United fan.
He is a United fan. He just grew up in Nottingham.
The rumour was started by Howson who hates Goldbridge. So much so that he talked about hoping for his death in an old video.
Mark Goldbridge is a bit of a tool but Howson is a despicable cnut who claimed Glazers where worse than the Munich tragedy.

I like Paddock whenever he isn't on.

None of those two channels are nearly as interesting or informative as United View or Atlantis Football though.

Stadjer

I dont often watch his videos but when i do its the same as here on the caf. Some things i agree with, some things i dont agree with. Although i have read more ridiculous stuff on here than he has ever said during one of this videos i watched. He usually comes across decent in the Ben Foster podcasts if i listen to one of those.

He is just a Manchester United fan though, dont really get why people get so annoyed at his opinions. His opinion isnt worth more than your opinion, my opinion or an ex player their (usually ridiculous) opinion.

Seems like a smart guy though, earns a living by talking about football. Has a business around talking about football without being an ex-player. Thats not bad at all.

Ridiculous that he cant be a real Manchester United fan because he isnt from Manchester though. Most Manchester United fans arent from Manchester... but someone who from Nottingham who has succes while being a fan cant be a real fan? :lol:

Gator Nate

I generally enjoy his show and the channel. It gets repetitive when things are slow - I probably won't touch the place until after the WC. For a while, every show devolved into Glazers Out and I didn't need to be reminded of how bad they are as owners. Like anyone else, he has his agendas. Sometimes I agree, sometimes I don't. Many of the post-match fan interviews are fun. The roundtables on the channel are generally good. As with anything, your mileage may vary.

LordSpud

He's a bit of a plonker but fair play to him and the rest he's doing multiple streams a day, matchdays he might do 2 or 3 games in a row so he's obviously put in a lot of time and work.

Not gonna lie I'm very flip flop on him, even though I watch most days I find things like his constant defending and bigging up of Ronaldo pretty tiresome. I started watching a few years back and now just watch it out of habit. Its more palatable listening to it than having to read through pretty much the same stuff on here.

On a side note:

Still got two more pages in it this thread IMO.
Fair enough you dont like him but fecking weird behaviour to keep posting in a thread about him/TUS.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
He's a bit of a plonker but fair play to him and the rest he's doing multiple streams a day, matchdays he might do 2 or 3 games in a row so he's obviously put in a lot of time and work.

Not gonna lie I'm very flip flop on him, even though I watch most days I find things like his constant defending and bigging up of Ronaldo pretty tiresome. I started watching a few years back and now just watch it out of habit. Its more palatable listening to it than having to read through pretty much the same stuff on here.

On a side note:

Fair enough you dont like him but fecking weird behaviour to keep posting in a thread about him/TUS.
This is where I'm at as well. He's great for background noise but if I start listening too intently, he can grate.

Stuff like the Big Six is where I find most enjoyment nowadays

MichaelRed

I dont really follow

He is a United fan. He just grew up in Nottingham.
The rumour was started by Howson who hates Goldbridge. So much so that he talked about hoping for his death in an old video.
Mark Goldbridge is a bit of a tool but Howson is a despicable cnut who claimed Glazers where worse than the Munich tragedy.

I like Paddock whenever he isn't on.

None of those two channels are nearly as interesting or informative as United View or Atlantis Football though.
People think Howson is a 'proper fan' because he's from Manchester. Just glossing over the fact that he scammed foreign United fans on their visits to Old Trafford. I'd consider a fan from Nottingham that doesn't scam foreign fans as more of a proper fan than any scumbag like Howson.

mu4c_20le

People think Howson is a 'proper fan' because he's from Manchester. Just glossing over the fact that he scammed foreign United fans on their visits to Old Trafford. I'd consider a fan from Nottingham that doesn't scam foreign fans as more of a proper fan than any scumbag like Howson.
Scams a bit much, he was trying to moonlight as a tourguide.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
There's a lot of jealousy on here towards Mark
I'm not jealous of him. I disagree with a lot he says and his sole purpose is to get clicks and views just like AFTV do.

His take on the Ronaldo situation doesn't surprise me at all. He's usually on the wrong side of a debate. At start of season he was saying it's a disgrace he's not playing every week. Now he has seen we are better without him and he's saying I'm remaining neutral. So transparent. He flip flops all the time.

Newtonius

beware, caf hates his guts
Ultimately he is our AFTV to rival fans but i mean its a character the guy isn't that stupid he used to be a police detective. Lets be honest though its largely bitterness and/or jealousy. Hes entitled to his opinion like anyone else the difference is he has a massive audience and gets paid, perhaps even millions, to sit at home and talk the same bollocks as the rest of us.

On the talk of other fan channels though genuinely recommend United view, most channels are only ever either entertaining or good at analysis but like watching paint dry and this provides a nice balance between the two especially with KG & Owen they are hilarious. Its mainly Flex's channel though might have seen him on SkySports, he actually used to work with Goldbridge too but always kept it real.

Last edited:

kaku06

Guy's a blood sucking vampire, a stooge and charlatan to boot. Utter despicable cnut stealing a living off being a fam cam channel or some shit. About as authentic as rubber dogshit. Not his real name, not the club he supports, hope he slips in a puddle of his own piss.
Bloody hell. What did he do to you? He must have given the bile in your post?

kaku06

He hasn't said any worse than what's gets said on here. His heat of the moment clips, opinions, place of upbringing, real name etc doesn't require the amount of vitriol that gets said on here. Just the mere mention of his name sends some into a rage.
I have noticed that too. I rarely watch the guy myself but I am always bemused what has he done to the posters here to be abused in such a manner?

kaku06

It amazes me people here prefer Howson more than Goldbridge who is actually a scammer who also wished death upon someone and who is also the most smug person ever.

Out of all the united YouTube channels the most watchable is United people’s tv by Sam If I remember his name correctly.

The most unbiased and knowledgeable guy in my opinion is Ronaldo brown of stretford paddock. Always found him talking eloquently and straight to the point. He doesn’t feature much though.

R'hllor

Usually those who hate/dont like him really love Paddock and must say, even thou Goldbridge is whatever for me, not watching him, would describe him as a noise but you have to be next level to actually like fecking Stratford Paddock, where only worth a damn is McKola maybe.

Castia

He was a Forest fan and United were his 2nd team. He was pretending to be a transfer ITK before he started the United Stand. There was a whole thread on an old United forum that exposed him but I think it's been deleted as I can't find it now.

The guy is an absolute leech but he's making a fortune off it so fair play. He certainly has the young fans hanging on his every word.
Well he’s supported United since he was a young lad so he must have been a kid if he was a Forrest fan which is completely irrelevant

He built that channel up before fan channels we’re even really a thing. Now he’s popular and making decent money he’s called a leach.

Judas

Open to offers
Usually those who hate/dont like him really love Paddock and must say, even thou Goldbridge is whatever for me, not watching him, would describe him as a noise but you have to be next level to actually like fecking Stratford Paddock, where only worth a damn is McKola maybe.
This is why it's all based on personal opinions, as so many people like Paddock, minus McKola from what I've seen :lol: we've all got our preferences.

LordSpud

This is why it's all based on personal opinions, as so many people like Paddock, minus McKola from what I've seen :lol: we've all got our preferences.
Yeah McKola now that is really someone who grates on me. Constantly talks over people, even when they had Neville on for a chat a few months back he was just talking over him I couldnt believe it.

Actually the only ones I can tolerate on Paddock are Joe and Jay eapecially Joe who seems quite reasoning and sensible.

And at least Howson puts most of his shit on his own channel so you can gloss over it.

Back to TUS though its actually only Mark I can stomach, the other lot are just not as watchable really. Except the wild takes of Ricky.

joi_division

Supports
AS Roma
Never once consumed his work but he popped up on the Fozcast a few days and seemed like a decent enough bloke on there. Not an easy gig running an opinion/news show on one of the biggest football clubs in the world

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
I know this seems weird coming from someone who spends a stupid amount of time on this place but I’m always amazed that anyone would waste even a few minutes listening to some randomer on YouTube shitting on and on about Manchester United. Complete mystery to me. And yes, I’m old but no, I don’t generally look down on YouTubers. Some of them produce great content. I could happily watch someone like Chris MD or those other two lads who were quality footballers (blanking on their name, something like Y2K?) kicking a ball around but watching someone talk bollox about football? Feck that.
Always felt like eavesdropping on some random(s), who know nothing more than anyone else, talking bollox at a pub to me, without the benefit of holding a pint.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Always felt like eavesdropping on some random(s), who know nothing more than anyone else, talking bollox at a pub to me, without the benefit of holding a pint.
That is exactly what it is.

Which is fine (if that's what you are into) but it's not very insightful IMO.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
I personally can't stand the Goldbridge character, but fair play to the guy he's done really well for himself.

Jacko21

I'm assuming that part of Goldbridge's reasoning for opening up a studio in Manchester (and trying to reposition himself to be less of a 'character' in front of a green screen) is to try and broaden the appeal of The United Stand when it comes to booking guests, securing interviews, collaborating etc. There's a reason why journalists based in Manchester who cover United typically favour appearing on Stretford Paddock. There's also a reason why The United Stand have so far been overlooked for those Overlap fan debates.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Am I the only one for whom whatever time spent on the caf is enough to keep up with news?

I actually find I spend too much time here, never mind having ever heard of this guy.