The United Stand........."Big Announcement"

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Every channel has its strengths and weaknesses. Stephen howson provide far more depth then him but jeez the guy love the sound of his voice. He dedicated 40 mins out of an hr video on Ronaldo interview on his trip in qatar. As if anyone gives a damn about him

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Stephen howson provide far more depth then him but jeez the guy love the sound of his voice.
The biggest problem with Howson is that he isn't half (or 1/10th) as knowledgeable/ tactically astute as he thinks he is.

I don't know much about his treatment of United fans but his pontificating on tactics etc are majorly off-putting as well as his "Look at these football books I'm reading at the moment" weird humblebrags he shoehorns into his videos.

My dog could stare at the complete works of Shakespeare all year and he wouldn't be writing a sonnet any time soon either.

Strootman's Finger

I dont often watch his videos but when i do its the same as here on the caf. Some things i agree with, some things i dont agree with. Although i have read more ridiculous stuff on here than he has ever said during one of this videos i watched. He usually comes across decent in the Ben Foster podcasts if i listen to one of those.

He is just a Manchester United fan though, dont really get why people get so annoyed at his opinions. His opinion isnt worth more than your opinion, my opinion or an ex player their (usually ridiculous) opinion.

Seems like a smart guy though, earns a living by talking about football. Has a business around talking about football without being an ex-player. Thats not bad at all.

Ridiculous that he cant be a real Manchester United fan because he isnt from Manchester though. Most Manchester United fans arent from Manchester... but someone who from Nottingham who has succes while being a fan cant be a real fan? :lol:
That idea that you have to be from a city to be a proper fan of their club in 2022 is ridiculous. There is only one club in the world that can make such a claim, Athletic Biboa, because all their players are from there, so there is at least consistency in the position. But if you want Dutch, Spanish, Argetine, Brazilian, etc, etc, players at your club to improve your team then you get foreign fans.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Think he’s done a blinding job and is very entertaining to watch. Good lad and hope he does very well.

Bitter old blokes can’t stand that he thought of it before they did but hey ho.

Definitely not a forest fan.
Much better than Paddock.
I don't know whether to find the people that blabber on about "Forest fan" funny or sad. Goldshite is waaaaaaaay too knowledge on United to not have been a lifelong fan.

There's a million legit criticisms of Goldshit and they pick the fake one!? :lol:

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Accidentally clicked on his live stream just now as he was saying "I don't mind Piers Morgan." Turned it off as fast as I can.

Not sure how anyone can stand listening to this plonker's ramblings.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
“Because he's the hero Manchester deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.”

- Mark Goldbridge on Ronaldo

Tarrou

I think its a pretty good channel, can see why they've been so successful

JustCoco

Supports
Red Devils
People think Howson is a 'proper fan' because he's from Manchester. Just glossing over the fact that he scammed foreign United fans on their visits to Old Trafford. I'd consider a fan from Nottingham that doesn't scam foreign fans as more of a proper fan than any scumbag like Howson.
Howson isn't even from Manchester, he's from Wigan.

Which is why his insults towards Mark/Brent seem ironic as hell.

As people have already pointed out, MU have fans worldwide, claiming he's not a fan because he's from Nottingham is no different then not being a fan because he's from Wigan.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

He has a certain kind of talent and he is definitely entertaining. I use the watch alongs as commentary.
I hope he keeps doing what he has done for years and does not change too much at the formula as he found his niche and should run with it.

There are surely tons of young fans being strongly influenced by his words, but I am old enough (probably around the same age as he is) so I am able to make up my own mind and see the content as what it is - pure entertainment. Nothing wrong with that.

Spoony

The People's President
Howson isn't even from Manchester, he's from Wigan.

Which is why his insults towards Mark/Brent seem ironic as hell.

As people have already pointed out, MU have fans worldwide, claiming he's not a fan because he's from Nottingham is no different then not being a fan because he's from Wigan.
He grew up in and around Droylsden, to be fair. Not that it matters. But I can watch him...I dont find him has insufferable as Goldbridge.

Lentwood

What's the Caf's opinion on Goldbridge? Do we like him?

I heard of him a long time ago, but never had time to listen to him, but I've watched him a few times recently and he's pretty decent to listen to while doing other things.

Was he on the Caf or what?
He knows absolutely nothing about football but his opinions become mainstream because of his platform

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
The Caf pretends to despise him yet they quote him practically word for word because most people here are a bunch of muppets
Yeah, but you got to admire how hard he is working and that he is managing to make it work as an entrepreneur in a field like this.

I am sure he has had his detours over the years, but the little while I’ve followed him, he has basically not had any opinions. Like he likes ETH, but at worst, I recon everyone agree that he at least should be given a shot. But besides that he isn’t exactly opiniated.

In that sense, he has definitely a stabilizing factor — which this organization really needs. Like you see sooo many tilting during every game. Take Elanga for example. He is a kid — who definitely has his warts — but that comes in when needed and does a perfectly OK job. No reason whatsoever to freak out if a club has a kid like him come in and play 15 games during a season. Can he become something more? We will see in 3-4 years time. Right now he isn’t there.

Even if players don’t directly come into contact with everything of what is said in social media — it sippers out. Support Elanga, it is what it is. No reason to freak out about it. Many things a lot worse going on at this club than one kid who besides fumbling the ball a few times per game playing a little here and there, and working his rear of every time he is on the field.

In this perspective, someone like Goldbridge setting the tone is really important. Like sure, he should probably be on loan, but it is what it is, it’s not the kids fault, and he isn’t as bad as some are saying.

Right?

jem

The Caf pretends to despise him yet they quote him practically word for word because most people here are a bunch of muppets
Your Goldbridge paranoia is one of the more amusing recurring themes on the Caf.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Yeah, but you got to admire how hard he is working and that he is managing to make it work as an entrepreneur in a field like this.

I am sure he has had his detours over the years, but the little while I’ve followed him, he has basically not had any opinions. Like he likes ETH, but at worst, I recon everyone agree that he at least should be given a shot. But besides that he isn’t exactly opiniated.

In that sense, he has definitely a stabilizing factor — which this organization really needs. Like you see sooo many tilting during every game. Take Elanga for example. He is a kid — who definitely has his warts — but that comes in when needed and does a perfectly OK job. No reason whatsoever to freak out if a club has a kid like him come in and play 15 games during a season. Can he become something more? We will see in 3-4 years time. Right now he isn’t there.

Even if players don’t directly come into contact with everything of what is said in social media — it sippers out. Support Elanga, it is what it is. No reason to freak out about it. Many things a lot worse going on at this club than one kid who besides fumbling the ball a few times per game playing a little here and there, and working his rear of every time he is on the field.

In this perspective, someone like Goldbridge setting the tone is really important. Like sure, he should probably be on loan, but it is what it is, it’s not the kids fault, and he isn’t as bad as some are saying.

Right?
I have a love/hate relationship with the United Stand. I enjoy watching and respect people like Adam, Ricky and Beth (can't stand the mouth breather Irish guy). My biggest problem is that in my opinion Goldbridge abuses his power as an influencer. He states his opinions as facts knowing that there are way too many muppets out there who can't think for themself. Next thing you know, his opinions become facts. I see it every day. When he has an agenda for or against someone, he goes out of his way to slide in little one liners to make sure this is getting cemented in the muppets tiny little minds...

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Has this ever been proven?
he himself admitted to liking either them or notts county as a youngster. So yes, by his own admission, he was a fan of one of those 2 first. Its on one of those livestream things he does where he just has a chat with his audience.