The vaccines | vaxxed boosted unvaxxed? New poll

How's your immunity looking? Had covid - vote twice - vax status and then again for infection status

• Vaxxed but no booster

• Boostered

• Still waiting in queue for first vaccine dose

• Won't get vaxxed (unless I have to for travel/work etc)

• Past infection with covid + I've been vaccinated

• Past infection with covid - I've not been vaccinated

Results are only viewable after voting.

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
Looks like good news today but it's unlikely that the general public will be getting vaccinated on a large scale for a while yet. The elderly and those on the front line are likely to be at the head of the queue.

My question is, if and when it becomes available to you, are you going to take it?

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I've read on twitter that the trial showing 90% efficacy does not include anyone older than 55 or with any preexisting conditions like asthma, COPD, obesity etc.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
It depends after how long it becomes available to me. If there's been a lot of people who have taken it and not suffered any adverse effects then sure I'll take it.

If I'm to be one of the first then I'll be quite nervous about it.

Jake

Mine's too big and gay.
I’ll be having one ASAP. Jab my arse.

Been wanting to have some time off and do a bit of travelling so been working towards that for about 4 years then all this hit, so this is great news to me.

Most of the counties I want to visit aren’t open so hopefully could be the start of places opening up.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I will get one but i probably wont be able to get it till next Xmas. I imagine my parents will get it first because they are older.

I just hope it lasts a reasonably length of time. As i hope it doesnt loose its effect after three months or something.

Skills

Snitch
I'm just excited at the prospect of normal life again

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
I've read on twitter that the trial showing 90% efficacy does not include anyone older than 55 or with any preexisting conditions like asthma, COPD, obesity etc.
I read the that they included lots of different ethnicities, which is obviously good, but I hadn't heard about the age/condition of the volunteers. But I suppose, by definition, volunteers are going to be more on the young/healthy side when it comes to untested vaccines.

hobbers

If the UK is getting 30 million doses by next Spring, nobody healthy under the age of 50 is probably going to be a candidate to be vaccinated until the summer at the earliest.

Also 90% efficacy after a week is great and all, but it's not particularly meaningful until we see if it provides long term immunity, and obviously whether it works as well on the elderly and people with pre existing conditions, who weren't in these trials.

Devil77

This is the case for most vaccines. The idea is to stop the spreading in society and thereby minimise the risk for older people/vulnerable people to ge infected. It's imperative that young and healthy people take the vaccine in order to achieve a form of heard immunity.

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
As long as the old and vulnerable get it, I'm in no panic to get it personally. I will as soon as it's available to me but the real danger would be over then I imagine.
Great news

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
If the UK is getting 30 million doses by next Spring, nobody healthy under the age of 50 is probably going to be a candidate to be vaccinated until the summer at the earliest.

Also 90% efficacy after a week is great and all, but it's not particularly meaningful until we see if it provides long term immunity, and obviously whether it works as well on the elderly and people with pre existing conditions, who weren't in these trials.
That is my worry as well. How long does it last?

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
There are still many question over this that we don't have answers to and all we have so far is press release. Unless there's something I missed?

I'm optimistic, but don't want to get over-excited about this.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
I'm not anti vax or anything, but how sure can they be that there are no long term side-effects to this (or any other) vaccine?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I'm not anti vax or anything, but how sure can they be that there are no long term side-effects to this (or any other) vaccine?
They can't

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
My body is ready...

If only to get back to seeing my family again in normal circumstances. That is something among other things that I will never take for granted again that's for sure.

fergosaurus

Obviously worried about any adverse reactions no matter how little the odds are, but I'll be getting one without hesitation the second I'm offered it.

Cloud7

As a doctor, I personally don’t plan on getting it unless it’s government mandated, at which point I won’t have a chance. I’m very pro vaccine, but all the vaccines that are around have been around forever and well studied.

I’m not getting this until it’s effects have been studied for at least a reasonable period of time.

The person that developed transverse myelitis during that vaccine trial terrified me.

Tony Babangida

As a doctor, I personally don’t plan on getting it unless it’s government mandated, at which point I won’t have a chance. I’m very pro vaccine, but all the vaccines that are around have been around forever and well studied.

I’m not getting this until it’s effects have been studied for at least a reasonable period of time.

The person that developed transverse myelitis during that vaccine trial terrified me.
How long would you be happy to wait? This has been in 40,000 arms with no safety problems. That’s the same as a normal vaccine phase III. So if you were to take this then it is no different to getting a normal vaccine that was just approved. As usual, the phase IV will continue post-market approval. Transverse myelitis was a different vaccine wasn’t it. Do you not trust the safety boards to do their job properly?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Can’t wait to get it. Well over this now.

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
But they’re all profit motivated. Likewise the motivation to make sure it’s safe. If this thing turns out to be inadequately tested and harmful because they “fudged” something then Pfizer will face the biggest class action in history.
pharma has a long history of getting out of those things through various shenanigans. just a few weeks ago I see Purdue, who murdered people, including friends of mine who died from their lies and their "safe" medication, being allowed to walk free. I don't trust these people at all

Kaos

That was the Oxford-AZ vaccine, and there wasn't actually any confirmed link between the vaccine and their TM diagnosis.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
How long would you be happy to wait? This has been in 40,000 arms with no safety problems. That’s the same as a normal vaccine phase III. So if you were to take this then it is no different to getting a normal vaccine that was just approved. As usual, the phase IV will continue post-market approval. Transverse myelitis was a different vaccine wasn’t it. Do you not trust the safety boards to do their job properly?
Had been in 40,000 with no safety problems short term. Who know what you can developed in 1 year and onwards. That had not been proven yet. I am not antivax at all. but I do have concerns also

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Good news but I’d be nervous getting it. Seems far too rushed

Cloud7

I’ll give it at least 5 years or so, again unless it’s mandatory for travel and such, in which case I’ll concede. I’ve never taken any vaccine that was just approved, unless you want to count the flu vaccine. MMR, Polio, Chickenpox etc have all been around for a long time.

I do trust the boards to do their job, however there simply has not been enough time to know what the potential side effects are, and that’s not their fault, they need to find something to do about this. There may not be any in the short term, but in the medium-long term, who knows? I would want to give it at least some time before that. It’s not like I’m going to convince people to not get it, I just don’t plan on doing so myself.

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
Well I hope you never get cancer.
I'll take the long established cancer therapies no problem pogue, thanks. i'm not up for immediate trust of multi billion pharma companies with a profit and market dominance motivation to rush this out as soon as possible. and I'm not hurting anyone doing that. oh and f wiw I'm not antivax or "vaccines cause autism" or any shit like that. this is a different scenario.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
For anyone who is keen, be prepared to wait in line. As it stands, the queue looks like this:

older adults’ resident in a care home and care home workers
all those 80 years of age and over and health and social care workers
all those 75 years of age and over
all those 70 years of age and over
all those 65 years of age and over
high-risk adults under 65 years of age
moderate-risk adults under 65 years of age
all those 60 years of age and over
all those 55 years of age and over
all those 50 years of age and over
rest of the population (priority to be determined)

Cloud7

That was the Oxford-AZ vaccine, and there wasn't actually any confirmed link between the vaccine and their TM diagnosis.
Yes I’m aware that it was a different vaccine, but I’m still wary of it. For what it’s worth I’m generally always wary of anything that’s not been around long enough to have had its effects observed.