The vaccines | vaxxed boosted unvaxxed? New poll

How's your immunity looking? Had covid - vote twice - vax status and then again for infection status

• Vaxxed but no booster

• Boostered

• Still waiting in queue for first vaccine dose

• Won't get vaxxed (unless I have to for travel/work etc)

• Past infection with covid + I've been vaccinated

• Past infection with covid - I've not been vaccinated

Results are only viewable after voting.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
For the poll, I chose the third option just to be extra secure that I'm getting a safe vaccine. I'm certainly not anti-vax but I would like to be certain of any side effects.

Go on, you first

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
My wife and I are both mid 50s.
I’d expect we’d be 4th or 5th in line to receive a vaccine; after health care workers and other front liners, sick people, healthy 75-90s, 65-75s, then us.
That’s just pure speculation on my part but it sounds reasonable, right?
I hope so from a selfish viewpoint.

I guess they should balance vaccinating those most at risk of bad symptoms against vaccinating age groups where it spreads faster.

Always assuming the follow the scientific advice of course.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I think I'll be getting vaccinated imminently, probably within 2-4 weeks I'd imagine. Will be pfizer I'd guess, looking at the options.

Will keep you guys updated as I begin my descent into an acute demyelinating disease. :D
Is that some form of jest? Else it doesn't sound like a great 'descent'?! Hope all is OK.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Looks like i could be getting the jab in 2 weeks. NI health minister said healthcare staff to start on 14th December. Ill let you know how it goes!

Tony Babangida

Looks like i could be getting the jab in 2 weeks. NI health minister said healthcare staff to start on 14th December. Ill let you know how it goes!
Presumably the Oxford one? Yeah be interested to hear about it.

Wolverine

Excellent news, hospitals apparently are getting freezers. The news of these vaccines being able to be stored for up to five days in fridges for administration afterwards is also good

Brophs

The One and Only
Straight down to the doctor this morning. Won’t take no for an answer. “Horse it into me there boss”. I’ll be back licking toilet seats by nightfall.

prateik

Emergency use.. so just healthcare and old people for now, right?
We'll have a huge amount of data from the most high risk demographic in about 2 months time.. hope it goes well.

Wolverine

Matt Hancock says 800 000 jabs ready to go next week, production line/supply chain is then dependant on Pfizer’s manufacturing in Belgium

YAMS49

Inject me now, I'll take the hit to get the Country going. Eyeball, arse, fingernail. Stick it where you like if it sorts us all out.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Just a reminder from the US that we're going to read a lot of horror stories about this rollout - from the UK, the US and the rest of the world. Personal anecdotes and rumours are just that, any real news will come from the statistical process that will be monitoring it.

Chief123

It's quite amazing how all of these vaccines are going to be ready for release at virtually the same time. Science is amazing.
Or a cyclical view would be the others have realised someone is about to release one and they need to rush theirs so they can get a big slice of the financial pie too!

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Here's a good thread on Twitter summarising issues likely to affect the US rollout (assuming the FDA approves Pfizer soon and Moderna soon after that).

Their "phase 1" - people in residential care and key workers - covers about 120m people (who presumably will be prioritised within that) and will take Q1 and beyond.

Chief123

Just a reminder from the US that we're going to read a lot of horror stories about this rollout - from the UK, the US and the rest of the world. Personal anecdotes and rumours are just that, any real news will come from the statistical process that will be monitoring it.

The problems with these stats is there is nothing to suggest these people wouldn’t have died or had these problems without the vaccine either.

LARulz

Matt Hancock says 800 000 jabs ready to go next week, production line/supply chain is then dependant on Pfizer’s manufacturing in Belgium
Isn't it 2 jabs for this vaccine for the full effect? If so, that's "only" 400k people?

YAMS49

Isn't it 2 jabs for this vaccine for the full effect? If so, that's "only" 400k people?
There's two, yes. A booster follows 21 days after the initial jab which would imply it's a different level dose. So it could well be 800K complete jabs available.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Inject me now, I'll take the hit to get the Country going. Eyeball, arse, fingernail. Stick it where you like if it sorts us all out.
That is exactly how I feel too - I'll be trying to get it as soon as I possibly can.

arnie_ni

The problems with these stats is there is nothing to suggest these people wouldn’t have died or had these problems without the vaccine either.
Thats the argument covidots are using to open up.....