The vaccines | vaxxed boosted unvaxxed? New poll

How's your immunity looking? Had covid - vote twice - vax status and then again for infection status

• Vaxxed but no booster

• Boostered

• Still waiting in queue for first vaccine dose

• Won't get vaxxed (unless I have to for travel/work etc)

• Past infection with covid + I've been vaccinated

• Past infection with covid - I've not been vaccinated

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm assuming the reminders must change per system or location or something as I did get a reminder the day before, but it was the sent from the number by GP usually sends things from.
must do. It was just strange as I had half a dozen emails and texts when I booked the appointment and nothing after.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
We're given extensive and detailed information sheets about each vaccine here in Italy, and the AZ sheet said the most "at-risk" group for adverse side-effects are women under 60.

I had my first Pfizer a couple of days ago at a big vaccination centre, everyone there was 60-64 years old. Even though the Italian government said they'd be reserving AZ for the over-60s, the vast majority of people were in the Pfizer queue after they'd had their medical consultation. The powers that be seem to have given up on AZ, now they've finished vaccinating the very elderly people.
Yeah certainly feels like AZ has been put on the shelf for now.

Where are Italy at in terms of population having a dose? Is there any anti-vaccine sentiment there?

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
Yeah certainly feels like AZ has been put on the shelf for now.

Where are Italy at in terms of population having a dose? Is there any anti-vaccine sentiment there?
About 8.5 million people are fully-vaccinated, around 18.5 million have had one dose (out of a population of c. 60 million). It's not great and there are large regional differences, which reflects the way health services are organised here.

There was a significant amount of vaccine scepticism caused by the AZ blood clot reports, but on the other hand vaccine centres have sometimes had to close because they've run out of supplies (this appears to be sorted out now). As usual, the situation is better in the north than in the south!

Of course, as with many things in Italy you have to be proactive. You won't get sent texts and invitations to vaccine clinics unless you go online or ring when your region opens up your age group/priority group. No-one will chase you.

There are extensive forms to complete in our region before they'll give you the vaccine. They had volunteers at the centre I went to, who were there to help people who were finding it too difficult. It's not hard to see how people could easily miss out.

Last edited:

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Bolton vaccine bus campaign doing well this weekend, 6284 first dose vaccines done.

They'll carry on with that site next week.

And they'll add:

It maybe too late for some people, but it will save some more. If it slows the growth of the Bolton case cluster it'll be important for lots of people across Manchester and maybe beyond. Worth a shot anyway :smirk:

Meanwhile the UK first dose daily dose stat is back up over the quarter million mark, after a couple of weeks around 100k. Hopefully that means that the vaccines will be working their way down through the age groups soon.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
NSW have said they want at least 5 million of the 6 million adults in the state fully vaccinated before international borders are opened. So far we are less than 10% of the way there although we are speeding up now.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
The room where I was supposed to wait for 15mins had about 30 seats and 60 people waiting in there, most of whom were unmasked. I really don't care about any of your opinions on whether you believe this place was safe based on what should have been adhered to and wasn't.
Wow. I agree with you. Any chance you could have waited outside?

golden_blunder

Staff
In general heavy alcohol use does reduced your immune response, including from vaccines, but there is no specific data to suggest that a beer will do much of anything.
The first question is can he have just one beer or does one lead to more?
The second is can you not avoid alcohol for one or two days?

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Just to add - the clinical trial I was on didn't tell us to avoid alcohol after getting the jabs. They did ask us to avoid hangovers, basically because that might have messed with our ability to identify side effects and adverse reactions.

I don't know if all trials followed the same idea, but if they did then some consumption is already baked into the efficacy stat :smirk:

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Wow. I agree with you. Any chance you could have waited outside?
Whilst it was crowded outside aswell, I could have done and in hindsight I definitely should have done. At the time I just wanted to get out as soon as possible.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Felt like poo yesterday, arm really sore and whole body aching. Felt exactly like a hangover. Feeling better now but still not 100%.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
I can be quite a heavy drinker, especially on matchdays so I've decided no alcohol for at least a week.

Dante

Average bang
I'm guessing you got AZ? The advice regarding waiting is different depending on what vaccine you receive.
If the poster doesn't mention the make of the vaccine, it's probably AZ.

It's only Pfizer and Moderna recipients who feel the need to show off about it.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

It’s the new veganism. Seems like everyone on my road got vaccinated recently and you can’t exchange more than a couple of words with them before they tell you “got the jab last week… Pfizer

Roane

I had to wait for my first jab as I tested positive last month.

Have an appointment on Wednesday afternoon for my first jab. It's Pfizer.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
It’s the new veganism. Seems like everyone on my road got vaccinated recently and you can’t exchange more than a couple of words with them before they tell you “got the jab last week… Pfizer
I heard of a cousin that was due to get her pfizer jab and she was telling anyone that would listen that it was the Rolls Royce of vaccines.
A few hours after the jab she was panicking (as she does) cos she felt a little unwell and then got in this spiral of more panic, so much so that she phoned the ambulance. The medics told her she was fine and to relax.
That's the Rolls Royce for ya! :lol:

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I heard of a cousin that was due to get her pfizer jab and she was telling anyone that would listen that it was the Rolls Royce of vaccines.
A few hours after the jab she was panicking (as she does) cos she felt a little unwell and then got in this spiral of more panic, so much so that she phoned the ambulance. The medics told her she was fine and to relax.
She shouldn't have filled with leaded, silly bint. :lol:

Traub

:lol: so should all of us who didn’t get the Rolls Royce start stressing

GloryHunter07

Do people like that ever feel embarrassment for this kind if nonsense?

Suv666

My uncle is refusing to get vaccinated (Covishield which is basically AZ) because he only want's Pfizer or Moderna and the Indian media is claiming we'll be getting it in August-September (which is unlikely btw).

He had Covid a month ago so its not that big of a deal but my god this vaccine competition is beyond moronic.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
We're not arrogant, just better.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff

I'm sitting in the doctors after getting the first AZ shot. I have to wait for 30 mins as I carry an epipen. I'm going to be the opposite and mention that I got AZ to try to slightly reduce the clotting hysteria.

Apparently if you get a bad headache and particularly gut ache 3 or 4 days after getting the AZ vaccine and paracetamol doesn't help, then get to emergency as fast as possible as with treatment the death rate is far lower than the average of 1 in a million. Which is very good news imo.

zing

Zingle balls
I'm sitting in the doctors after getting the first AZ shot. I have to wait for 30 mins as I carry an epipen. I'm going to be the opposite and mention that I got AZ to try to slightly reduce the clotting hysteria.

Apparently if you get a bad headache and particularly gut ache 3 or 4 days after getting the AZ vaccine and paracetamol doesn't help, then get to emergency as fast as possible as with treatment the death rate is far lower than the average of 1 in a million. Which is very good news imo.
The reports say that clots have happened up to 20 days post vaccine. Is that people whose symptoms manifested early and carried on? Just trying to understand why you said 3-4 days.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
The reports say that clots have happened up to 20 days post vaccine. Is that people whose symptoms manifested early and carried on? Just trying to understand why you said 3-4 days.
Apparently that is when the vast majority of vaccine associated clots arise.

Last edited:

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
:lol: I think by early next year us plebs will be able to get the Rolls Royce vaccine - whether we should is another question.
It wouldn't surprise me if we all get a second vaccination next year that target variants even if (as is likely) immunity lasts longer than 1 year.

golden_blunder

Staff

Wooohooo! Congrats