The "value in the market" thread - (CDM, ST, Backup RB)

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I think the rumours flying around at the moment just show how much potential value there is in the market:

Camavinga £25m
Renato Sanches £32m
Romagnoli £25m
Varane £40m
Pogba £50m
Locatelli £40m

I know we can argue Camavinga is young, Sanches failed in the premiership, Romagnoli has stagnated, Pogba hasnt performed.....but they are all players with lots of ability and bar Sanches/Locatelli maybe, I think the expected prices would have been nearer double for most of them going back a year.

It kind of puts the prospective premiership prices into perspective of Rice @ £80-100, Fofana £80m etc etc. Both are very good players of course and would improve our first eleven in my opinion, but looking at the prices of other players out there, I think only really Mbappe, Frenkie DeJong, Grealish and Haaland really warrant the huge fees bandied about of some players at the moment as they are so individual and above others with the skill sets they possess.

Even going a rung down and the likes of Ben WHite and Bissouma who have had good seasons and look like promising players.People weere talking of Bisssouma being a bargain around £40m a few weeks ago....good player, but really isnt a bargain and neither is Neves @ £30m.

We really could buy decent players for cb, rb, 2 x cm, rw and cf including Sancho, Camavinga and Varane for around £220-250m before selling players if we went all out and made some major sales.

I dont see any need myself for a rb or cf this summer, would like a second central midfelder though if we made sales and we dotn even need to make many at all. Of coruse we have the problem offloading players of the huge contracts they are on already in Pogba, DeGea as a couple of obvious examples but even others at a lower level like Lingard are on higher wages than clubs t the level they are at are prepared to pay really.

But f we managed to get a great trio of Varane, Sancho, Camavinga....a very good proportion of what we were to sell I feel could be available for another signing. I just dont see where it comes from though as DeGea I cant see anybody in for, Bailly I expect to stay, Jones with his injuries I would see a pretty nominal fee, Dalot doesnt seem a priority and though I dont rate him highly there are good reasons to keep him another season. VDB is staying 90% I expect, Pereira doesnt seem to be interesting anybody, Matic and Mata are old and personally for one more year I would keep Martial so we have three striking options as one is old and the other inexperienced as a striker.

Really that leaves:
Pogba
Lingard
James

And to be fair, that is surely £80m which if we secure targets at reported fees is only a £60m net spend. E40-50m on a secn cm to support Camavinga possibly/ideally.......that would leave us pretty much every possible option out there bar a Rice/DeJong/Barella price wise
Realistically I think you can add 15m to each of those prices, maybe more if United are asking

jesperjaap

Realistically I think you can add 15m to each of those prices, maybe more if United are asking
Maybe, until transfers are finalised we just dont know do we. But these are initial fees mentioned. I must admit I struggle to believe Camavinga would cost £25m even with his contract.......but then again I did read Kamara at Marseille may be available at just £15m which is crazy even in the current market due to the tv problems in France and the general financial insecurity of many clubs.

This is someting we have to keep in mind. I mean I know thee fee is something we refused to pay and I Know £73m i sstill a huge fee, but the Sancho price DOrtmund were prepared to sell at is about thirty percent less than a year ago, thats huge

Oliver_

Sell: Van de Beek 40 Mil
De Gea 35 Mil
Bailly 15 Mil
Pereira 10 Mil

Let go of Matic + Mata so we can free up approx 10-12 Mil p/a

Extend Cavani one more Year
Current Form Lingard + 15-20 Mil exchange for Declan Rice with WHU
Martial + 20 mio Exchange Sancho with Dortmund (Dortmund would have a good replacement and a new challenge for Martial)
Try and get Varane who has one more Year on his Contract for around 45-50 Mil.

Then we still have the Budget to go all out on Haaland or Kane

We'd have an absolute fantastic and fairly young Squad to challenge on all fronts:

-----------Henderson
AWB Varane maguire Shaw
----------------Rice
------Pogba---- fernades
Sancho haaland/kane rashford

Greenwood, Cavani, Lindelof, Telles, Amad, James, Fred, Mctominay,
Mengi, Tuanzebe, Garner, Dalot, Pellistri, Elanga, Mejbri, Shoretire

Still in the mix with my team :D
But I'm afraid we'll have to wait for Haaland until next Summer as we are stuck with Matic, Martial and Lingard for the Moment.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Can we still get Aguero or Memphis? No way they can get registered without Barca selling one of De Jong/Pedri/Fati, which is unlikely They're never going to rid of enough overpaid deadwood to comply with the FA's FFP otherwise.

Aguero in particular seems like perfect rotation for Cavani in easier games. He's still good in the box and we'd always have the option of either Martial or Greenwood/Rashford up top if we play a counter attacking style. Decent stop gap 'till Haaland.

romufc

Can we still get Aguero or Memphis? No way they can get registered without Barca selling one of De Jong/Pedri/Fati, which is unlikely They're never going to rid of enough overpaid deadwood to comply with the FA's FFP otherwise.
Aguero is injured already for 10-12 weeks, he would be a poor signing really. Memphis as well would be a signing we don't really need, he plays in the same position that Martial, Rashford play. It would be like signing Alexis all over again.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Aguero is injured already for 10-12 weeks, he would be a poor signing really. Memphis as well would be a signing we don't really need, he plays in the same position that Martial, Rashford play. It would be like signing Alexis all over again.
This is the value in the market thread. None of these signings are ideal. 10/12 weeks doesn't sound to bad. Cavani is back this week. and we have Martial if we keep him and Greenwood.

Memphis is on a modest 100k/w, Alexis was our highest paid player. We could sell Martial if we got another attacker. That could help us land a DM or a RB. We won't spend on much else if we get Haaland next year.

romufc

This is the value in the market thread. None of these signings are ideal. 10/12 weeks doesn't sound to bad. Cavani is back this week. and we have Martial if we keep him and Greenwood.

Memphis is on a modest 100k/w, Alexis was our highest paid player. We could sell Martial if we got another attacker. That could help us land a DM or a RB. We won't spend on much else if we get Haaland next year.
I know what thread this is. 10/12 weeks isnt bad? thats 1/3 of the season. Also, his wages aren't going to be value for money either.

We could sell Martial? and who will buy him? I haven't seen anyone interested in him apart from a loan move.

We also have Diallo, Elanga coming through in those positions. We would be better off looking to sell Perreira, Lingard but again, there seems to be no real interest in these players.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I know what thread this is. 10/12 weeks isnt bad? thats 1/3 of the season. Also, his wages aren't going to be value for money either.

We could sell Martial? and who will buy him? I haven't seen anyone interested in him apart from a loan move.

We also have Diallo, Elanga coming through in those positions. We would be better off looking to sell Perreira, Lingard but again, there seems to be no real interest in these players.
Aguero is also on a very modest salary.... And every club that would be in for him would have take his 10-12 absence in consideration when discussing wages/fee.
He'd be a rotational player, coming in a bit later isn't going to kill us. We're not gonna lose Greenwood and Cavani and Martial/Elanga pre november (when Rashford returns).

Amad play RW and Pereira is a midfielder.... I wouldn't be opposed to selling both Pereira and Lingard, but they don't play CF like Martial. Inter have been reported sniffing for Martial.