The Virgin League Draft | Winner: GodShaveTheQueen

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
@Pat_Mustard

The 14-man thing has changed my selection process quite a bit, tbh. Antognoni wasn't in my plans, but with the switch, he's a useful player to have.

re. Schiaffino, at least that clears up why he was still on the board. Joke's on me! But yeah, I used that site for more games of my favourites over anything else, really, so I can't say I ever put him in the engine, as opposed to Andrade and Varela.

@GodShaveTheQueen nice take with Chagas. The Gordillo pick really killed my plans and the Jordi pick was just ahead of Chagas. Was going to have a cheeky take if he was around in the last run.
Fire another striker!!!

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Time picks are wrong, if you want I can suggest all the people not having it right including the leading one.

SirScholes

Last column on the table with our picks mate! Times have went unrecorded quite often probably so the numbers are wrong if my comrade Beam is correct. And he's seldom wrong.
Ah im with you, tbh I’m just trying to answer as soon as I can I’m not winning that, quite hard to predict.
After it goes to dunc it bounces up fast but on the way down from Michael it could be half the day ha

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
Ah im with you, tbh I’m just trying to answer as soon as I can I’m not winning that, quite hard to predict.
After it goes to dunc it bounces up fast but on the way down from Michael it could be half the day ha
:lol: Aye, poor Michael has got dogs abuse for his tardiness so far! Wondered when we first introduced the recording pick time thing whether it might be better to record the time of the manager prior to you rather than yourself. Very little incentive to bother with it if you know your pick time is shit or even mediocre and you're posting in a hurry, and an active incentive to ignore it if you're in line for the prize.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
He's definitely well-regarded in fairness! What I'm really wondering though is how the feck we all allowed @Joga Bonito and @Theon to prioritise their defence and still end up with that very tasty Spencer/Bebeto partnership :mad:
Tbf I reckon they were both picked at the rounds that you'd expect them to be picked at. We were just lucky that a fair few of our preferred picks manage to last back to us.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
Tbf I reckon they were both picked at the rounds that you'd expect them to be picked at. We were just lucky that a fair few of our preferred picks manage to last back to us.
Spencer could easily have been a first round pick imo, and Bebeto falls into that big category where I wouldn't have been surprised if he'd went much, much earlier or as a 12th-14th pick, as that general 'forwards' category is so deep. Certainly wouldn't consider him a lesser player overall than some of the attacking players picked earlier, although how we rate them all come the match threads is always going to be subject to tactical fit/write ups/individual whims and whatnot, far more than the typical all-time draft where the pecking order is basically entrenched at this point. It goes without saying that flattery aside you two are fecked if we play each other and Team Beam 2.0 unleash the monster on you ;)

The most annoying thing with Joga is that is really "joga" debate.

Let's just release good old, boring 2-7-1 @Pat_Mustard

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Spencer could easily have been a first round pick imo, and Bebeto falls into that big category where I wouldn't have been surprised if he'd went much, much earlier or as a 12th-14th pick, as that general 'forwards' category is so deep. Certainly wouldn't consider him a lesser player overall than some of the attacking players picked earlier, although how we rate them all come the match threads is always going to be subject to tactical fit/write ups/individual whims and whatnot, far more than the typical all-time draft where the pecking order is basically entrenched at this point.
Agreed with that .

It goes without saying that flattery aside you two are fecked if we play each other and Team Beam 2.0 unleash the monster on you ;)
:lol: looking forward to it

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!
@GodShaveTheQueen nice take with Chagas. The Gordillo pick really killed my plans and the Jordi pick was just ahead of Chagas. Was going to have a cheeky take if he was around in the last run.
cheers. It’s your turn by the way

Indnyc

ManagerRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7Round 8Round 9Round 10Round 11Round 12Round 13Round 14Time (min)
1. harmsG. NetzerM. BelodediciH. KranklR. PavoniH. WimmerP. SousaI. ChislenkoM. ReusW. SamuelD. CarvajalH. Schumacher404
2. Enigma_87RivellinoM. TrésorJ. PirriMaiconCarecaA. VidalS. ManeT. MüllerV. KompanyJ. CroyG. Pessotto393
3. Joga & TheonB.VogtsA.PicchiA.SpencerD. ZoffD. MackayB.WrightJ. VerónT. HaßlerA. GiresseBebetoG. van Bronckhorst428
4. Zlatan 7C. SeedorfAldairJ. KlinsmannS. BusquetsR. DonadoniM. ReizigerD. AlbertiniS. PearceD. GinolaF. BarthezA. Barzagli730
5. PhysiocratB. SchusterF. AlbertJ. SantamariaJ. CeulemansH. CrespoM. ZagalloV. BessonovM. CarrickE. HughesJ-M. PfaffW. Zmuda176
6. Šjor Bepo & GioA. PirloHidegkutiK. MbappéP. GascoigneN. KantéC. MozerW.SagnolW. ZengaB. DietzR. FerriC. Lopez497
7. Michaelf7777777R. BochiniN. GoncalvesLeandroJ. CharlesM. SalahC. GamarraT. GemmellM. KhurtsilavaG. BulgarelliG. PopescuL. Skoglund3267
8. Edgar Allan PillowD. BeckhamD. IrwinT. AdamsG. SilvaB. MurdochR. PiresA. ColeD. YorkeB. McNeillA. ShearerS. Jardine367
9. King KendrickSócratesV. Van DijkM. BallackS. RamosE. CantonaE. HazardR. SterlingJuanfranW. JansenF. De BoerD. Drogba135
10. SirScholesS. AgueroTostaoJ. TerryF. CollovatiM. TassotiL. BradyG. HoddleCasemiroA. OrtegaD. SeamanT. Dunne1339
11. BIG DUNKD. BergkampJ. HeynckesF. BeneL. YashinG. BuchwaldR. PerfumoJorginhoR. BenettiR. GordilloL. FernandezK. Deyna443
12. IndnycR. LewandowskiF. LampardRui CostaG. GattusoS. BruceR. AyalaC. PanucciV. AndersonY. ToureN. SouthhallFernandinhoJ.S. Park340
13. Pat_Mustard & Jim BeamMarceloR. KoemanL. KubalaE. FrancescoliE. CambiassoI. CasillasO. BergmarkT. Alexander - ArnoldN. LiedholmD. PereyraH. LarssonAlemao525
14. FortitudeT. FinneyT. CerezoA. HaanU. HoenessD. StojkovićR. VaraneG. HanappiJ. AltafiniJ. AlbaJ. KimmichG. AntognoniC. Tevez789
15. HimannvK. KeeganK. DalglishB. HulshoffH. SzymaniakJ. ArmfieldJ. RepJ. LitmanenH. BlankenburgK SansomJ. GilesJ. OblakJ. Wouters209
16. GodShaveTheQueenK. HamrinO. SivoriD. BlanchflowerB. BremnerJ. FontaineP. LittbarskiR. BratsethA. BenarrivoGermanoG. GrosicsF. JusufiM. Chagas44

BIG DUNK

Tank
Morten Olsen

Incase I want to play 5 at the back, my libero will be Morten Olsen, one of the finest to adopt that influential role, post-Beckenbauer era.

@SirScholes

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.

ManagerRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7Round 8Round 9Round 10Round 11Round 12Round 13Round 14Time (min)
1. harmsG. NetzerM. BelodediciH. KranklR. PavoniH. WimmerP. SousaI. ChislenkoM. ReusW. SamuelD. CarvajalH. Schumacher404
2. Enigma_87RivellinoM. TrésorJ. PirriMaiconCarecaA. VidalS. ManeT. MüllerV. KompanyJ. CroyG. Pessotto393
3. Joga & TheonB.VogtsA.PicchiA.SpencerD. ZoffD. MackayB.WrightJ. VerónT. HaßlerA. GiresseBebetoG. van Bronckhorst428
4. Zlatan 7C. SeedorfAldairJ. KlinsmannS. BusquetsR. DonadoniM. ReizigerD. AlbertiniS. PearceD. GinolaF. BarthezA. Barzagli730
5. PhysiocratB. SchusterF. AlbertJ. SantamariaJ. CeulemansH. CrespoM. ZagalloV. BessonovM. CarrickE. HughesJ-M. PfaffW. Zmuda176
6. Šjor Bepo & GioA. PirloHidegkutiK. MbappéP. GascoigneN. KantéC. MozerW.SagnolW. ZengaB. DietzR. FerriC. Lopez497
7. Michaelf7777777R. BochiniN. GoncalvesLeandroJ. CharlesM. SalahC. GamarraT. GemmellM. KhurtsilavaG. BulgarelliG. PopescuL. Skoglund3267
8. Edgar Allan PillowD. BeckhamD. IrwinT. AdamsG. SilvaB. MurdochR. PiresA. ColeD. YorkeB. McNeillA. ShearerS. Jardine367
9. King KendrickSócratesV. Van DijkM. BallackS. RamosE. CantonaE. HazardR. SterlingJuanfranW. JansenF. De BoerD. DrogbaG. Pagliuca145
10. SirScholesS. AgueroTostaoJ. TerryF. CollovatiM. TassotiL. BradyG. HoddleCasemiroA. OrtegaD. SeamanT. DunneEdmundo1351
11. BIG DUNKD. BergkampJ. HeynckesF. BeneL. YashinG. BuchwaldR. PerfumoJorginhoR. BenettiR. GordilloL. FernandezK. DeynaM. Olsen 517
12. IndnycR. LewandowskiF. LampardRui CostaG. GattusoS. BruceR. AyalaC. PanucciV. AndersonY. ToureN. SouthhallFernandinhoJ.S. Park340
13. Pat_Mustard & Jim BeamMarceloR. KoemanL. KubalaE. FrancescoliE. CambiassoI. CasillasO. BergmarkT. Alexander - ArnoldN. LiedholmD. PereyraH. LarssonAlemao525
14. FortitudeT. FinneyT. CerezoA. HaanU. HoenessD. StojkovićR. VaraneG. HanappiJ. AltafiniJ. AlbaJ. KimmichG. AntognoniC. Tevez789
15. HimannvK. KeeganK. DalglishB. HulshoffH. SzymaniakJ. ArmfieldJ. RepJ. LitmanenH. BlankenburgK SansomJ. GilesJ. OblakJ. Wouters209
16. GodShaveTheQueenK. HamrinO. SivoriD. BlanchflowerB. BremnerJ. FontaineP. LittbarskiR. BratsethA. BenarrivoGermanoG. GrosicsF. JusufiM. Chagas44

@Edgar Allan Pillow

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
So is the GK ranking still determining draws or has that been amended?
Goalkeeper rankings will be used to settle in-game draws, yes — there's no going back now! In fact, once Yashin was selected, it was already too late to reconfigure the scheme — because while he's the standout goalkeeper in this pool, BIG DUNK might not have selected him with a premium Round 4 pick in a draft where goalkeeper rankings weren't used for tie-breaking purposes. That being said, I will employ other methods to settle overall league results — so keep an eye out for future announcements.

BIG DUNK

Tank
Goalkeeper rankings will be used to settle in-game draws, yes — there's no going back now! In fact, once Yashin was selected, it was already too late to reconfigure the scheme — because while he's the standout goalkeeper in this pool, BIG DUNK might not have selected him with a premium Round 4 pick in a draft where goalkeeper rankings weren't used for tie-breaking purposes. That being said, I will employ other methods to settle overall league results — so keep an eye out for future announcements.
New methods would be cool, I’m interested to find out.

I feel you should pick a goalkeeper who YOU think is the best goalkeeper/best for YOUR team, and not by the index ranking.

I picked Lev Yashin because he’s not only one of the greatest footballers of all time, he represents the highest pinnacle of goalkeeping available I needed for my team (as with my other positions and roles: I.e attacking left back, libero, man-marker, box-to-box mid, playmaking defensive mid, goalscoring wingforward... etc).

I’m happy for the draw rule to be changed now or later - as I feel there has been too much talk and focus on these position rankings.

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!
Morten Olsen

Incase I want to play 5 at the back, my libero will be Morten Olsen, one of the finest to adopt that influential role, post-Beckenbauer era.

@SirScholes
I pondered for a long time about picking him as early as round 7 when I picked Bratseth. But eventually couldn’t make myself agree as I didn’t think I had or could have picked a proper support staff around him in a back 4. Excellent pick at this stage and easily better than quite a few players picked ahead of him.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
While we’re waiting, just thought I’d say the way the squads are in a table in this draft makes it so much easier to look through others squads And then to see if a players already chosen.