The Virgin League Draft - Enigma_87 vs. Edgar Allan Pillow (GROUP C)

With players in their 3 year career peak, who would win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I thought Le God was rated well in here. Plus I've never picked him before.Liked what I saw. Anyway lesson learnt.
He was a very good player, but not really comparable to the likes of Netzer/Rivelino/Sivori, who are the top guys in this draft. I still voted for you, mind, but Le Tissier looks a bit out of place there in terms of his quality.

Enigma_87

You know who
I thought Le God was rated well in here. Plus I've never picked him before.Liked what I saw. Anyway lesson learnt.
Think Yorke/Shearer is your best combo(if we discount the chemistry angle), not sure why you dropped both?

Le Tissier was a luxury player for me and that Soton team was build around him. Played to his strengths, great player to watch but the combination of highly saturated position he played in and the little to no versatility that he offers outside his strong points makes him a bit of an unreliable choice in all time drafts.

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!
I don't think you should have gone the Yorke/Cole route at all. It wasn't going to sustain for long beyond the initial rounds.

I mean I was shouting every round, why the feck is Edgar not picking Shearer. Him and the theme were made for each other.

You were still super lucky to get him late, but those two rounds where Yorke and Cole, were picked, you could have bumped up the quality in the other areas, like in the No.10 role (Litmanen was available for example).

Still, you look in good shape to qualify anyways, would be interesting to see where you take this.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
I don't think you should have gone the Yorke/Cole route at all. It wasn't going to sustain for long beyond the initial rounds.

I mean I was shouting every round, why the feck is Edgar not picking Shearer. Him and the theme were made for each other.
This is one of those drafts where I was picking just because I wanted to. Completely and fully based on heart and impulse with next to no research :lol:

After the Beckham pick, I knew which first XI I wanted, so did no research. Except for Indnyc picking Steve Bruce and Viv Anderson, I actually got the team I had in mind since round 1.

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!
This is one of those drafts where I was picking just because I wanted to. Completely and fully based on heart and impulse with next to no research :lol:

After the Beckham pick, I knew which first XI I wanted, so did no research. Except for Indnyc picking Steve Bruce and Viv Anderson, I actually got the team I had in mind since round 1.
Fair enough.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
It's an excellent side @Edgar Allan Pillow but really really felt you should have picked Cantona. It's just lacking that inspirational talisman (as good as Le Tissier was) to properly elevate it.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
The theme is dead now. If I get to progress, I'd have to dip into global pool to upgrade.

As to Cantona, he would have been my first choice after picking Shearer. I just didn't expect anyone else to be dipping into the British pool esp for forwards.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
It's an excellent side @Edgar Allan Pillow but really really felt you should have picked Cantona. It's just lacking that inspirational talisman (as good as Le Tissier was) to properly elevate it.
Exactly who I thought Edgar was going to pick for this theme, especially once he snapped up Beckham and Irwin in a jiffy, even mentioned him in the pick-submission PM after he was taken by @King Kendrick. There's a certain someone who would have been a stupendous alternative to Cantona as well, but he went unpicked — and I dunno if he's rated highly enough to be taken as a latter stage reinforcement in Café drafts, if Edgar progresses and decides to mix things up in attack that is! :lol: