The Virgin League Draft | Winner: GodShaveTheQueen

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
I know this would be a rule change but does anyone have any thoughts on the lower seed winning in the case of a draw as an alternative to the keeper rankings?

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!
But that mismatch between keeper and team style would surely have already been reflected in the voting.
Then why compare goalkeepers to settle draws again? :)
I hope someone can come up with a better way to settle draws where managers don’t know before the game ends if a draw is sufficient to win.

GodShaveTheQueen

Selfishly updated KK’s time

ManagerRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7Round 8Round 9Round 10Round 11Round 12Round 13Round 14Time (min)
1. harmsG. NetzerM. BelodediciH. KranklR. PavoniH. WimmerP. SousaI. ChislenkoM. ReusW. SamuelD. CarvajalH. Schumacher404
2. Enigma_87RivellinoM. TrésorJ. PirriMaiconCarecaA. VidalS. ManeT. MüllerV. KompanyJ. CroyG. Pessotto393
3. Joga & TheonB.VogtsA.PicchiA.SpencerD. ZoffD. MackayB.WrightJ. VerónT. HaßlerA. GiresseBebetoTIME NOT UPDATED!394
4. Zlatan 7C. SeedorfAldairJ. KlinsmannS. BusquetsR. DonadoniM. ReizigerD. AlbertiniS. PearceD. GinolaF. Barthez728
5. PhysiocratB. SchusterF. AlbertJ. SantamariaJ. CeulemansH. CrespoM. ZagalloV. BessonovM. CarrickE. HughesJ-M. Pfaff175
6. Šjor Bepo & GioA. PirloHidegkutiK. MbappéP. GascoigneN. KantéC. MozerW.SagnolW. ZengaB. DietzR. Ferri497
7. Michaelf7777777R. BochiniN. GoncalvesLeandroJ. CharlesM. SalahC. GamarraT. GemmellM. KhurtsilavaG. BulgarelliG. Popescu3007
8. Edgar Allan PillowD. BeckhamD. IrwinT. AdamsG. SilvaB. MurdochR. PiresA. ColeD. YorkeB. McNeillA. Shearer367
9. King KendrickSócratesV. Van DijkM. BallackS. RamosE. CantonaE. HazardR. SterlingJuanfranW. JansenF. De Boer131
10. SirScholesS. AgueroTostaoJ. TerryF. CollovatiM. TassotiL. BradyG. HoddleCasemiroA. OrtegaD. Seaman1316
11. BIG DUNKD. BergkampJ. HeynckesF. BeneL. YashinG. BuchwaldR. PerfumoJorginhoR. BenettiR. GordilloL. Fernandez443
12. IndnycR. LewandowskiF. LampardRui CostaG. GattusoS. BruceR. AyalaC. PanucciV. AndersonY. ToureN. Southhall318
13. Pat_Mustard & Jim BeamMarceloR. KoemanL. KubalaE. FrancescoliE. CambiassoI. CasillasO. BergmarkT. Alexander - ArnoldN. LiedholmD. Pereyra524
14. FortitudeT. FinneyT. CerezoA. HaanU. HoenessD. StojkovićR. VaraneG. HanappiJ. AltafiniJ. AlbaJ. Kimmich789
15. HimannvK. KeeganK. DalglishB. HulshoffH. SzymaniakJ. ArmfieldJ. RepJ. LitmanenH. BlankenburgK SansomJ. Giles199
16. GodShaveTheQueenK. HamrinO. SivoriD. BlanchflowerB. BremnerJ. FontaineP. LittbarskiR. BratsethA. BenarrivoGermanoG. Grosics42

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Updated times and picks

ManagerRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7Round 8Round 9Round 10Round 11Round 12Round 13Round 14Time (min)
1. harmsG. NetzerM. BelodediciH. KranklR. PavoniH. WimmerP. SousaI. ChislenkoM. ReusW. SamuelD. CarvajalH. Schumacher404
2. Enigma_87RivellinoM. TrésorJ. PirriMaiconCarecaA. VidalS. ManeT. MüllerV. KompanyJ. CroyG. Pessotto393
3. Joga & TheonB.VogtsA.PicchiA.SpencerD. ZoffD. MackayB.WrightJ. VerónT. HaßlerA. GiresseBebetoG. van Bronckhorst428
4. Zlatan 7C. SeedorfAldairJ. KlinsmannS. BusquetsR. DonadoniM. ReizigerD. AlbertiniS. PearceD. GinolaF. BarthezA. Barzagli730
5. PhysiocratB. SchusterF. AlbertJ. SantamariaJ. CeulemansH. CrespoM. ZagalloV. BessonovM. CarrickE. HughesJ-M. PfaffW. Zmuda176
6. Šjor Bepo & GioA. PirloHidegkutiK. MbappéP. GascoigneN. KantéC. MozerW.SagnolW. ZengaB. DietzR. Ferri497
7. Michaelf7777777R. BochiniN. GoncalvesLeandroJ. CharlesM. SalahC. GamarraT. GemmellM. KhurtsilavaG. BulgarelliG. Popescu3007
8. Edgar Allan PillowD. BeckhamD. IrwinT. AdamsG. SilvaB. MurdochR. PiresA. ColeD. YorkeB. McNeillA. Shearer367
9. King KendrickSócratesV. Van DijkM. BallackS. RamosE. CantonaE. HazardR. SterlingJuanfranW. JansenF. De Boer131
10. SirScholesS. AgueroTostaoJ. TerryF. CollovatiM. TassotiL. BradyG. HoddleCasemiroA. OrtegaD. Seaman1316
11. BIG DUNKD. BergkampJ. HeynckesF. BeneL. YashinG. BuchwaldR. PerfumoJorginhoR. BenettiR. GordilloL. Fernandez443
12. IndnycR. LewandowskiF. LampardRui CostaG. GattusoS. BruceR. AyalaC. PanucciV. AndersonY. ToureN. Southhall318
13. Pat_Mustard & Jim BeamMarceloR. KoemanL. KubalaE. FrancescoliE. CambiassoI. CasillasO. BergmarkT. Alexander - ArnoldN. LiedholmD. Pereyra524
14. FortitudeT. FinneyT. CerezoA. HaanU. HoenessD. StojkovićR. VaraneG. HanappiJ. AltafiniJ. AlbaJ. Kimmich789
15. HimannvK. KeeganK. DalglishB. HulshoffH. SzymaniakJ. ArmfieldJ. RepJ. LitmanenH. BlankenburgK SansomJ. Giles199
16. GodShaveTheQueenK. HamrinO. SivoriD. BlanchflowerB. BremnerJ. FontaineP. LittbarskiR. BratsethA. BenarrivoGermanoG. Grosics42

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Have to say from the moment I saw the gk thing being decisive, I thought it made no sense, but was just accepted methodology amongst you, which had been agreed upon.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Have to say from the moment I saw the gk thing being decisive, I thought it made no sense, but was just accepted methodology amongst you, which had been agreed upon.
We have had various ways of doing it in the past none of which ever felt 100% right. From memory we had a neutral decide who hadn't voted, pick times, penalties, coin toss and keeper rankings. I think the lowest ranking seed going through makes the most sense.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
We have had various ways of doing it in the past none of which ever felt 100% right. From memory we had a neutral decide who hadn't voted, pick times, penalties, coin toss and keeper rankings. I think the lowest ranking seed going through makes the most sense.
Yeah, I can see how you could run through options, which is why it concluding on keeper rank seemed like the final straw that had been accepted.

Lowest seed does make more sense.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I have to be the only one who actually likes penalties. The result shouldn't be pre-determined in case of a draw.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I have to be the only one who actually likes penalties. The result shouldn't be pre-determined in case of a draw.
I don’t like the Pre determined decision, especially with my keeper not even being on the list :lol:

can you remember what draft penalties were used in? I’ve never seen it but would have a quick search, sounds interesting

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
hes a standard below both toldo and seamen for me personally but I’ll save it for a different thread
I think it’s the knock-on effect of us including active players in the all-time rankings. Occasionally reputations will fluctuate even in the space of 12-18 months in De Gea’s case.

SirScholes

I think it’s the knock-on effect of us including active players in the all-time rankings. Occasionally reputations will fluctuate even in the space of 12-18 months in De Gea’s case.
Fair argument

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Nah, am with you, always thought it is the best way to settle the draw. You still actively influence the result and it adds to the excitement.

GodShaveTheQueen

Feck the draw rule. More urgently, can we reduce the pick time for Michael to 4 hours? No reason to not leave picks to be honest @Invictus

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
This is far to gentle a discussion for the cafe, do we not forget the argument and just start pulling out meaningless stats at some point haha
Saving it for the draft ha
you said you dont want to debate it :D
De Gea won the draft(which means he is better then Yashin) so we not really saving the debate for anything haha

SirScholes

you said you dont want to debate it :D
De Gea won the draft(which means he is better then Yashin) so we not really saving the debate for anything haha
Haha that’s Strong defence, I concede
Im actually online with time for once and it’s ground to a halt :/

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Nah, am with you, always thought it is the best way to settle the draw. You still actively influence the result and it adds to the excitement.
They would work better if you were required to send your directions for you penalties (and say 3 sudden death picks) with your tactics OP. One of the problems in the past was getting hold of the drafters to send their penalty choices after it was a draw. It made it drag out a lot

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
They would work better if you were required to send your directions for you penalties (and say 3 sudden death picks) with your tactics OP. One of the problems in the past was getting hold of the drafters to send their penalty choices after it was a draw. It made it drag out a lot
No sent directions in 8 hours (or something like that) after the match, you lose it.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
feck you @GodShaveTheQueen I like the draw talk and hope I get involved in penalties at some point, they sound great.

but I agree with you re the 4 hour pick too when we can leave our picks with someone. 8 hours wait just kills it :)