Television The Walking Dead

parkthebuslads

I'm not sure how much it's the actress as opposed to the character, but Alpha is awful, just the worst. It has been a much better season however.

padr81

Supports
Man City
I'm not sure how much it's the actress as opposed to the character, but Alpha is awful, just the worst. It has been a much better season however.
She's a terrible character imho in general, think the actress has done ok with what she has to work with.
Its been a great season in general for the show I think, a real upturn after the last three. Losing so many big actors this season could have been the end but they've really saved it from the brink imho.

Amir

Things have really come to a head.

Yeah, it's been a far better season, though I agree with one of the recent posts that it would be nice if things varied a little from yet another encounter with another murderous group.

ghagua

Loved this episode. The death of some characters was overdue, but it came as a shock. Michone needs to get with Negan on how to deal with this.

Member 115509

Sometimes you watch an episode of a TV show and it just hits you right between the eyes, last night was in that category. Makes you wonder what they have planned for next week.
The Whisperers are looking to be the most sinister and biggest threat in the series so far. The herd Alpha showed Daryl was so huge it was hard to comprehend.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
I stopped watching during the last season. I recognised just 2 characters that were killed off in that big scene. I couldn't give less of a shit about either of them.

All power to the people that are still watching and enjoying it but with all the changes that have been made it no longer even feels like I'm watching the same show. Seems like a complete clusterfeck that network are too greedy to let die. But on the brightside at least Carl's dead. Trash actor and generally an annoying shit throughout the whole series, feck you Coral!

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
These shocks keep coming and expected but it still makes great viewing, moments like this is why i keep watching. Still wish they would end it sooner rather than it keeping going and getting abruptly cancelled.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Sometimes you watch an episode of a TV show and it just hits you right between the eyes, last night was in that category. Makes you wonder what they have planned for next week.
The Whisperers are looking to be the most sinister and biggest threat in the series so far. The herd Alpha showed Daryl was so huge it was hard to comprehend.
It's a bit obvious isn't it? And I stopped watching the show 2 seasons ago.

Unleash Negan. He will go to war with them next season. Rinse + Repeat.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
It's a bit obvious isn't it? And I stopped watching the show 2 seasons ago.

Unleash Negan. He will go to war with them next season. Rinse + Repeat.
Actually wouldn't mind that i like his character and he's a good actor too.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Actually wouldn't mind that i like his character and he's a good actor too.
They've lined up for it all season. It's why I stopped watching the show - the direction was too obvious.

Each to their own but I preferred it when The Walking Dead was about the dead, not a rehash of batty turf wars season after season.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
They've lined up for it all season. It's why I stopped watching the show - the direction was too obvious.

Each to their own but I preferred it when The Walking Dead was about the dead, not a rehash of batty turf wars season after season.
It was never about the dead, it's always been about the people.

Heardy

Negan needs to be brought back in to take Alpha down. Jeffrey Dean Morgan is amazing as Negan and it’s a waste to have him locked up adding nothing to the story.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
It was never about the dead, it's always been about the people.
It seemed to be about the dead for a couple seasons. I thought they'd move after Hershel's demise to go around and find more people and see what happened, what the scope was, whether there was a cure, how they can keep walkers at bay, try and re-civilize, build an infrastructure etc (and here it would move towards the living more but they'd at least acknowledge the threat of the dead rather than having them seen as pawns for bad guys to use to attack the good guys)

When Eugine came I thought yes, this guy is on to something. They might actually travel a bit to Washington. I made the decision to wind down watching the series after I found out he was telling lies :lol:

Anyway there are more ways to tell stories about the people than doing mindless turf wars every season. They can move around the country more for starters.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
It's been a really great season after at least 3 that disappointed me - I honestly thought I'd have no interest once Rick went but the jump forward a few years was a brilliant idea and has breathed life back into it. I was pretty shocked at the episode this week in a good way and am really looking forward to the final episode - Here's hoping Negan get's let loose.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I stopped watching during the last season. I recognised just 2 characters that were killed off in that big scene. I couldn't give less of a shit about either of them.

All power to the people that are still watching and enjoying it but with all the changes that have been made it no longer even feels like I'm watching the same show. Seems like a complete clusterfeck that network are too greedy to let die. But on the brightside at least Carl's dead. Trash actor and generally an annoying shit throughout the whole series, feck you Coral!

You are missing out mate - this season has been a real return to form.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Good to see Daryl playing main part in events and not being a background character like it was couple seasons ago, also kudos to Alpha for ending that teenage cringe fest.

Magna is hot and there's no CGI animals... It's quite watchable despite obvious detriments, I mean the show is trying.

Reddy Rederson

Yet another dragged out season where nothing really happens. Another group of red shirts died, oh no. :rolleyes: No wonder the stars are jumping ship one after the other. The show hasnt been any good for years. I think this is the season where I finally give up on it. I know, no one cares.

Schmiznurf

Yet another dragged out season where nothing really happens. Another group of red shirts died, oh no. :rolleyes: No wonder the stars are jumping ship one after the other. The show hasnt been any good for years. I think this is the season where I finally give up on it. I know, no one cares.
At least three of the dead weren't red shirts.

Reddy Rederson

At least three of the dead weren't red shirts.
Red shirts with back stories are still red shirts. Not a single one of them added anything to the over all story with the exception of the kid with the stick who was dead the moment he started getting weird about the new girl. Which has been the shows biggest problem for a while. Tom payne quit the show for that very reason. Jesus was never used in a real or meaningful way. The last time tara was relevant was during the days of the governor. The kid that hung around with coral's story was so blah I dont even know what her name was. Then there was the bad guy who became a good guy for a movie ticket, the guy who just stepped out of a head and shoulders advert and the chick that used to be drunk on grace under fire. Am I missing anyone? Do we care if I am?

They are all cheap secondary characters that get a bit of screen time to artificially raise their profile and make you care about them, then they get replaced by other red shirts and the cycle repeats again just so the show can seem edgy. The shows main problem is pacing. Theres too many characters and not enough story to keep it all ticking along at a steady pace. People say its gotten a little soapy. I disagree, its gotten a lot soapy. Whos shagging who? Whos up the duff? Who used to be shagging them but is now shagging some one else and who wants to be shagging them?

Schmiznurf

Red shirts with back stories are still red shirts. Not a single one of them added anything to the over all story with the exception of the kid with the stick who was dead the moment he started getting weird about the new girl. Which has been the shows biggest problem for a while. Tom payne quit the show for that very reason. Jesus was never used in a real or meaningful way. The last time tara was relevant was during the days of the governor. The kid that hung around with coral's story was so blah I dont even know what her name was. Then there was the bad guy who became a good guy for a movie ticket, the guy who just stepped out of a head and shoulders advert and the chick that used to be drunk on grace under fire. Am I missing anyone? Do we care if I am?

They are all cheap secondary characters that get a bit of screen time to artificially raise their profile and make you care about them, then they get replaced by other red shirts and the cycle repeats again just so the show can seem edgy. The shows main problem is pacing. Theres too many characters and not enough story to keep it all ticking along at a steady pace. People say its gotten a little soapy. I disagree, its gotten a lot soapy. Whos shagging who? Whos up the duff? Who used to be shagging them but is now shagging some one else and who wants to be shagging them?
The fact that Enid, Tara and Henry were all important characters and had major stories throughout the years shows they're not red shirts. Tara was the leader of hilltop, Henry was the kid of the leaders of Kingdom. They weren't random people introduced with the intent of killing them off, they all had parts to play.
Just because you didn't care for them doesn't make them any less important and relegated to red shirt status.

The only real red shirts were Ozzy, the ginger guy and the two kids because DJ and the older woman had been involved in storylines too.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
The fact that Enid, Tara and Henry were all important characters and had major stories throughout the years shows they're not red shirts. Tara was the leader of hilltop, Henry was the kid of the leaders of Kingdom. They weren't random people introduced with the intent of killing them off, they all had parts to play.
Just because you didn't care for them doesn't make them any less important and relegated to red shirt status.

The only real red shirts were Ozzy, the ginger guy and the two kids because DJ and the older woman had been involved in storylines too.
The fact that they're shit characters despite being involved in "major stories" is a reflection of what the show has become. There are a lot of people that don't care about their deaths because honestly they truly are just pure shit. If you don't think they're shit then I think your forgetting what the show used to be. Andrea, Dale, Glenn, Hershell, Shane...None of those bozos hold a candle to any of these characters.

Reddy Rederson

Sorry, brobeans. have to agree to disagree on this one. They were garbage characters that existed to fill out the run time of the show. At best they were mcguffins for the main cast to have someone to talk to. They offered nothing in regards to who they were. They wont be missed, they will be replaced by new red shirts who will get surface level stories lines tat have them doing things not because its in their character but because the story needs them to only to then get killed off to make it look like its a show with edge. Rinse, repeat, blah, blah, blah.

padr81

Supports
Man City
The fact that they're shit characters despite being involved in "major stories" is a reflection of what the show has become. There are a lot of people that don't care about their deaths because honestly they truly are just pure shit. If you don't think they're shit then I think your forgetting what the show used to be. Andrea, Dale, Glenn, Hershell, Shane...None of those bozos hold a candle to any of these characters.
Andrea was terrible in the show imho, worse than Tara. Butchered her character completely. Other than that I'd say you are right, all the best characters are dead or left the show imho. That said I still think this is the best season in years despite the weaker cast.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
What a shite finale.

starman

Just caught up, eps 14 and 15 were very good, actually felt like something from the earlier seasons. Finale was decent, atleast it was something different to what usually happens.
Presume on the radio was the FWD crew and are setting up a crossover.

Never knew the show runner changed this season, explains the increase in quality, should have happened from season 5..

Last edited:

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Just caught up, eps 14 and 15 were very good, actually felt like something from the earlier seasons. Finale was decent, atleast it was something different to what usually happens.
Presume on the radio was the FWD crew and are setting up a crossover.

Never knew the show runner changed this season, explains the increase in quality, should have happened from season 5..
I couldn't make out what they saying so I put the subs on but it just said "distorted voice". I didn't think of them at the time, but now you said it your probably right. Morgan at the end of FWD convinced the characters to go to Alexandria with him.

On the episode, 9 seasons of blistering hot sun in Georgia/Virginia and now the show has it's first snowstorm. Unpredictable weather forecasts, surviving winter, snow zombies etc this should have been explored ages ago.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
What a shite finale.
It was a bit disappointing yeah - I had myself all ready for a massive fight with Negan steamrolling in and battering people like a legend. Instead he broke his ankle and that was the most dramatic thing that happened.

Sylar

I'm 5 episodes behind this. Do I strap in and catch up, or do I cast TWD aside as a lost cause?
Im the same as you but I think ill watch it as it seems a bit more bearable in binge mode. Although Ifind myself doing other stuff whilst watching, like working from home, playing on phone or folding clothes, etc.

DM07

I haven't started with season 9 yet. And I am not sure that I really want to.

Have they moved towards an end goal? Some sort of cure? Or any concrete development towards ending the series for good? Or has this season been another normal one with the end nowhere in sight?

padr81

Supports
Man City
I haven't started with season 9 yet. And I am not sure that I really want to.

Have they moved towards an end goal? Some sort of cure? Or any concrete development towards ending the series for good? Or has this season been another normal one with the end nowhere in sight?
Nope, its essentially at the just another group vs Ricks group. That said its a big step up from the Negan seasons.

Sylar

Finally caught up this week. The second to last episode was good, and not just the ending, but overall. It was the one about half way I actually paid attention to and enjoyed. The ending ws really done well too.

Its been a good season overall. Im not sure if it helps that i binged it in pretty much 2 or 3 viewings over the year.

A problem I do have is a lot of the secondary characters, I dont know their name, or dont care about them. Like a few of the heads on the pike, I had no clue who they were before this episode :lol: