Television The Walking Dead

GeorgieBoy

Cannot believe this is still going!
Credit to those that managed to endure this after season 3/4.

Sylar

Show should have had the Telltale writers.

Funnily enough, I do think the show would have benefited a lot from being cut to 10 per season. Im guessing they make way more money from having so many filler / boring eps of people walking.

Ether

A USSR satellite crash might be the most ridiculous thing this show has ever done.

Sylar

That sounds hilarious.

May watch it all as a binge when half the season is done.

padr81

Supports
Man City
There was legit 1 million more logical things they could have used to start that forest fire. Why they thought a falling satellite would be a good idea is beyond me... other than that it wasn't the worst episode.

Good job that didn't happen in fear the walking dead, or morgan would have fixed the spaceship and flown everyone in the world to the safety of Mars, whilst boring them to death with motivational speeches about helping people and making martians happy.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
There was legit 1 million more logical things they could have used to start that forest fire. Why they thought a falling satellite would be a good idea is beyond me... other than that it wasn't the worst episode.

Good job that didn't happen in fear the walking dead, or morgan would have fixed the spaceship and flown everyone in the world to the safety of Mars, whilst boring them to death with motivational speeches about helping people and making martians happy.
True though I thought it was a pretty cool idea to have a satellite fall from the sky as you would expect them to potentially do without somebody looking after them. What I thought was more ridiculous was Alpha just randomly walking out of the forest for no apparent reason at the end at EXACTLY the same time Carol just happened to be looking there.

padr81

Supports
Man City
True though I thought it was a pretty cool idea to have a satellite fall from the sky as you would expect them to potentially do without somebody looking after them. What I thought was more ridiculous was Alpha just randomly walking out of the forest for no apparent reason at the end at EXACTLY the same time Carol just happened to be looking there.
Yeah, I think the way it happened was worse than the actual thought of a falling satellite tbh. It just seemed to coincidental, "we don't cross those borders ever", satellite falls.

The Alpha thing was weird, I mean where was she hiding the herd? Did she send all the whisperers off and just stay in the woods for what seems like months just to catch out the good guys. It was hard to understand.

Also +100 points for return of the cgi dear "that could have fed 200 people". Musta been bigger than it looked on screen.

Heardy

So few of us left standing watching this! I wonder if it's general viewing figures have fallen off a cliff.

Negan is criminally under-utilised at the minute - he's a great character and i expect that he will be the one that will see off Alpha at some point this season. I see no point in him being kept in the show as a prisoner or symbol etc., give him Lucille back and earn redemption.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
So few of us left standing watching this! I wonder if it's general viewing figures have fallen off a cliff.

Negan is criminally under-utilised at the minute - he's a great character and i expect that he will be the one that will see off Alpha at some point this season. I see no point in him being kept in the show as a prisoner or symbol etc., give him Lucille back and earn redemption.
I'm hoping they build this season around Negan's redemption - as you say he is an awesome character and really deserves more focus.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Guess not many watch this anymore? Just caught up, episode 2 was shite but the others were decent

AaronRedDevil

I really like this show. But it's just not the same with Rick or Carl gone. I thought carl was supposed to live and rick dies. That would have been better, hell Carl is the whole reason Rick did what he did. And with King, michonne leaving. Its getting harder to get attached to the new cast. Except Jerry of course.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
:lol:

When did you give up on it?
I think when Carl brought some random bloke from the woods in and got bitten by a ninja zombie.

Though I was at the end of my tether with it long before that.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Still watch this while doing other stuff, can't seem to just let it go. Hopefully they end it soon, the current seasons has been OK. Anyone know if the ratings have dropped?

Heardy

Still watch this while doing other stuff, can't seem to just let it go. Hopefully they end it soon, the current seasons has been OK. Anyone know if the ratings have dropped?
same as you, invested too much into it to just give it up! This season has been decent though.

interesting that the comics have been suddenly/unexpectedly wrapped up - so there could at least be an end in sight. That said whilst I’ve never read them, the story arcs are very different!

is it true that’s there’s going to be a film(s) with Rick in? Would be crazy to not bring him back in one way or another. Part of a Fear the walking dead crossover? Will the timelines match up some day?

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
same as you, invested too much into it to just give it up! This season has been decent though.

interesting that the comics have been suddenly/unexpectedly wrapped up - so there could at least be an end in sight. That said whilst I’ve never read them, the story arcs are very different!

is it true that’s there’s going to be a film(s) with Rick in? Would be crazy to not bring him back in one way or another. Part of a Fear the walking dead crossover? Will the timelines match up some day?
I think the rumours are there will be a trilogy of films with Rick. Don't watch FTWD!

AaronRedDevil

Thanks. Is FTWD that bad?
Yes its horrible. I only liked one character and they just bloody killed him off last 2 seasons ago. Plus the main woman in the show can't act worth a damn. The first season was ok. After that. Crap.

AaronRedDevil

Keep seeing people say theres an end in sight. They are not ending this show whatsoever. They want Simpson seasons. They said it so themselves. Sadly the show will get cancelled anyway in a few years. There's just no point anymore. Carl was the point and stupidly killed him off. I want them to bring clementine into the show. Then I'll be invested.

Sylar

Keep seeing people say theres an end in sight. They are not ending this show whatsoever. They want Simpson seasons. They said it so themselves. Sadly the show will get cancelled anyway in a few years. There's just no point anymore. Carl was the point and stupidly killed him off. I want them to bring clementine into the show. Then I'll be invested.
I reckon Judith is there new Clementine / Carl.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Carl's death was the best thing happened to this show, just an opinion. I kinda miss Rick and so called Garbage Lady, but Carl was... well... Coral.

Clementine ? 100% agree. This could be one of the most profound thing ever happening in any TV show and TWD clearly need some of that, right now.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Guess I must have lowered my standards. This season s actually been pretty decent in my opinion. I didn't realize how much Maggys character annoyed me, but I'm happy she s out of the picture.

AaronRedDevil

Carl's death was the best thing happened to this show, just an opinion. I kinda miss Rick and so called Garbage Lady, but Carl was... well... Coral.

Clementine ? 100% agree. This could be one of the most profound thing ever happening in any TV show and TWD clearly need some of that, right now.
I like the idea of Clem and Judith together. Would be an interesting idea on how they are like and the differences each faced to survive. And Clem mentioning Lee, Kenny and the group would be so good to see on the show. I feel like Carl was the biggest lost. Love him or hate him. He was the centre of the show, and the centre of Ricks focus. Building a better world for him, surviving for him.

I always thought when Rick dies, Carl carries on his legacy through Judith, teaching her everything he learned from Rick. Now it just doesn't do anything for me when she's wearing the hat and his revolver. Sad we'll never see Rick again on the show and it'll be even more stupid if he turned up on it again. Gone for 8 looong years? Maybe 11 when the movies are over.

Guess I must have lowered my standards. This season s actually been pretty decent in my opinion. I didn't realize how much Maggys character annoyed me, but I'm happy she s out of the picture.
I have enjoyed this season. It's less standing still. Seems like a faster pace. And Daryl talks, so that's good. You're gonna hate next season. She's back:lol:

Sylar

The problem they had with Carl, was that the actor wasnt good enough to build a show around and have as your main lead.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
I like the idea of Clem and Judith together. Would be an interesting idea on how they are like and the differences each faced to survive. And Clem mentioning Lee, Kenny and the group would be so good to see on the show. I feel like Carl was the biggest lost. Love him or hate him. He was the centre of the show, and the centre of Ricks focus. Building a better world for him, surviving for him.

I always thought when Rick dies, Carl carries on his legacy through Judith, teaching her everything he learned from Rick. Now it just doesn't do anything for me when she's wearing the hat and his revolver. Sad we'll never see Rick again on the show and it'll be even more stupid if he turned up on it again. Gone for 8 looong years? Maybe 11 when the movies are over.
The thing is Rick already built a better world, something that works and can defend itself from any outside danger, but Carl's fantasies about Negan being somekind of a social worker, planting trees and at some point helping raise new generations was so trippy and random that made him not very serious at all. I guess kid can dream, right ? Couple of next episodes will reveal if Carl's vision about Negan was spot on, but so far it's not looking good.

If the show will last I hope they build Judith in much more serious way, perhaps the Hershel type of character who can lead, farm and since she already knows her guns and has a seriously weird way of being a child, so pehaps the show will have less of slower moments and make her more of a undpredictable character in the future.

Many have turned against the show when the zombies became a tool to kill any character that did it's purpose without sense suspense and danger, perhaps the horror element should return and with Clementine character this could be a really awesome survivalist show...

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas

I have enjoyed this season. It's less standing still. Seems like a faster pace. And Daryl talks, so that's good. You're gonna hate next season. She's back:lol:
fecking hell. Can't Michione cut off her head or something. By accident of course - thinking she s a walker or whisperer. Hard to see in the dark.

Ether

Watched the mid-season finale after it leaked online and...meh. Might have to drop this show for good if the second half doesn't improve.

Heardy

Carol has reached Carl levels of annoying. Almost making this unwatchable.
That doesn't bode well! Her story from timid, domestic abuse victim, to cold hearted "badass" was one of the key interesting arcs within the show.

I do think they need to try and wrap-up the show though as it's run its course for many now.

Amir

I do think they need to try and wrap-up the show though as it's run its course for many now.
The thing about the recent episode is that is was decent, supposedly nerve-wrecking, only it wasn't because I didn't care if any of the characters died. There's no one there I care about or that I would miss. Negan gives some entertainment. That's about it.