Television The Walking Dead

Sylar

Gonna probably wait until the season ends then binge it whilst working at home (its decent background stuff to pass time with without fully paying attention).
last thing i saw or remember was the heads of some random people we were meant to care about being displayed on spikes,

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
My brain snapped when Carol was screaming in area swarming with walkers for the sake of screaming. It would be better if mine just collapsed right after that with a camera close up when giant rock hits her in the head.

If Magna dies and Carol lives I quit.

padr81

Supports
Man City
They really need to kill off Carol at this stage imho... they've written her in such a stupid way, for all the good Kang done early in her time, the stupid decisions people are making for plot convenience is infuriating. That whole cave thing was pointless, went in there like an idiot, behaved like an idiot and there just happened to be some dynamite. Honestly of all the characters down there Jerry is the only one I'd miss. The rest are either pointless or stupid (Carol and Daryll who take it in turns). Aaron maybe the best of a bad bunch of main characters left.

AaronRedDevil

They really need to kill off Carol at this stage imho... they've written her in such a stupid way, for all the good Kang done early in her time, the stupid decisions people are making for plot convenience is infuriating. That whole cave thing was pointless, went in there like an idiot, behaved like an idiot and there just happened to be some dynamite. Honestly of all the characters down there Jerry is the only one I'd miss. The rest are either pointless or stupid (Carol and Daryll who take it in turns). Aaron maybe the best of a bad bunch of main characters left.
Jerry is my favourite guy. Kill him and ima stop watching. But yah carol is really getting on now, I know who's supposed to kill alpha, but I'd prefer it to be Carol. Kind of a, if I'm going down I'm taking you with me situation. That would be a good way to end her.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Jerry is my favourite guy. Kill him and ima stop watching. But yah carol is really getting on now, I know who's supposed to kill alpha, but I'd prefer it to be Carol. Kind of a, if I'm going down I'm taking you with me situation. That would be a good way to end her.
I actually agree.

Edited because I almost used comic talk. Not that anyone visits this thread but tis the rules.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Is no one watching this anymore? I mean come on, someone big has just been killed off!

AaronRedDevil

Is no one watching this anymore? I mean come on, someone big has just been killed off!
That was a surprise. Same thing happened in the comics but didn't expect it so soon. I was hoping it would be carol to so the job though.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Yeah was good to see, so Carol set Neegen free to take Alpha out

Amir

Last couple of episodes were actually quite good.

Still paying a heavy price for years of shit writing. If the characters are crap and you don't care about them and their possible death, even the good storylines lose a lot of their edge.

Ether

The first 20 minutes of the latest episode were an absolute waste of time. Fuming that the writers forced us to watch that.

RUUD_10_LEGEND

After that painful episode last week, this one was actually really, really good. In fact (I'm almost still in shock from thinking so), it was my favourite episode of this otherwise chore of a watch for a good 2-3 years.

Negan's still got it, and that ending was very interesting.

Heardy

After that painful episode last week, this one was actually really, really good. In fact (I'm almost still in shock from thinking so), it was my favourite episode of this otherwise chore of a watch for a good 2-3 years.

Negan's still got it, and that ending was very interesting.
He's the only decent character in it now! The show could have done with his "swagger" - i can't give up on the show as have invested too much in it now, but its nowhere near what it was!

It's all just a bit weird now too with losing Rick, Maggie, Morgan, Michone whilst not killing them off. It's almost like the actors have given up on it, but will be kept on if it gets wrapped up in a season or 3's time...

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Why won't Carol just die.

They've been building her up so hopefully she gets dealt with by the end of the season.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Can’t believe they are finally doing the impossible. They plan to actually end TWD. Daryl and Carol spinoff instead. It’s getting a bit tired now with those two. Kind of a spoiler that neither die. Maybe they are ending it with the TWD Rick Trilogy of movies after all.

https://www.ign.com/articles/walking-dead-ending-after-season-11-daryl-carol-spinoff-anthology
Last season and Rick trilogy is good way to upgrade the show with somekind of a stake... perhaps lots of characters will die after all.

That Darol spinoff can be disaster or a guilty pleasure disaster... I'll probably end watching it, every episode, knowing I couldn't stop watching TWD: The CGI animals and Carl writing letter about world peace in a zombie apocalypse.

Sylar

Finally binged the latest season. Its all a blur with maybe a few standout moments as part of episodes like the stuff with Alpha and Negan
Or negan and Daryl.
Or Negan and Judith.

Negan is basically the only really good character. I think Judith is good too. The rest all just blur into one ball of doing stupid stuff to ensure there is drama in their lives.

The news about them finishing next season? is welcoming. It will be good to have an endpoint as it seems im only watching due to the time already put in.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
They haven't said if the D and C spin-off will be set after the events of the series finale or not, so that could mean there'll be time jumps in the last season. Or, more likely, that they're just trying to maintain some jeopardy.

I just want a goddamn rick grimes movie.

evil_geko

So I was under the impression that this was going to be a season finale? But apparently, they are adding 6 more episodes this season.

That Beta death was pretty quick and underwhelming.

Last edited:

Heardy

Came to bump this thread assuming I was the only one still watching this show.

Hadn’t heard about season extension - assumed it was the season finale and a new one would come out in 9 months or so.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Is the finale out?

Superunknown

I watched it yesterday. My thoughts:

I really enjoyed Season 9 and 10 (9 more so), but the finale for 10 is a disappointment.

It just fell right back into the same ol' traps that it has done in previous seasons. It lost the "edge" of what made 9 and 10 so great, to be able to go out there and just take things in a different direction. Unfortunately, I thought the finale was a huge step backwards.

Daryl's line about "we're not going to all make it out" was tripe. Everybody DID make it out. There were numerous moments where something could have gone down differently and, in lots of ways, it would have been a fitting end for those characters.

- Aaron and Alden getting ambushed in the woods by the whisperers, yet they're saved by that masked person.
- Even in the episode before it, in the tower, Beta could easily have got to one of them.
- Gabriel being held down and then, miraculously, being saved by Maggie and mask. This would have been a perfect moment to draw Gabriel's storyline to a close, especially as he was held down in a cross-like pose. They had the perfect way to end his arc and fecked it.
- Carol. Walking to the edge and then getting saved by Lydia.
- The whisperer herd tightening around the characters, with many whisperers blending in with the walkers, yet posing no danger whatsoever to the main characters. Kelly could have snuffed it here. Or Jerry. Or Luke.

For such an adaptation of an iconic issue in the comics with the same fecking name, it was painfully safe. I have to admit that I'm incredibly displeased at the idea of a Carol and Daryl side-show. It seems as if that the Walking Dead just wants to expand and expand into this beast, rather than continue the story in a satisfying way for the main characters of the main story. It's a joke at this point that Carol is still alive, nevermind Daryl...who isn't in the source material.

The only redeeming moment was where I thought we'd get some kind of epic Negan vs. Beta showdown, which was literally over in seconds. Hugely underwhelming.

In short, all of the pieces were in the right places, but all of the wrong moves were made. The first half of the episode was terrific for setting the scene and then it just fell apart when it came to resolving things. Felt like the episode should have been 30 minutes longer than it was.

In short, it's the weakest episode for both Season 9 and 10 by quite some distance, imo. Wasn't worth the wait. This is coming from a fan who loved how 9 and 10 redeemed itself after the mess of 7 and 8.

AaronRedDevil

I watched it yesterday. My thoughts:

I really enjoyed Season 9 and 10 (9 more so), but the finale for 10 is a disappointment.

It just fell right back into the same ol' traps that it has done in previous seasons. It lost the "edge" of what made 9 and 10 so great, to be able to go out there and just take things in a different direction. Unfortunately, I thought the finale was a huge step backwards.

Daryl's line about "we're not going to all make it out" was tripe. Everybody DID make it out. There were numerous moments where something could have gone down differently and, in lots of ways, it would have been a fitting end for those characters.

- Aaron and Alden getting ambushed in the woods by the whisperers, yet they're saved by that masked person.
- Even in the episode before it, in the tower, Beta could easily have got to one of them.
- Gabriel being held down and then, miraculously, being saved by Maggie and mask. This would have been a perfect moment to draw Gabriel's storyline to a close, especially as he was held down in a cross-like pose. They had the perfect way to end his arc and fecked it.
- Carol. Walking to the edge and then getting saved by Lydia.
- The whisperer herd tightening around the characters, with many whisperers blending in with the walkers, yet posing no danger whatsoever to the main characters. Kelly could have snuffed it here. Or Jerry. Or Luke.

For such an adaptation of an iconic issue in the comics with the same fecking name, it was painfully safe. I have to admit that I'm incredibly displeased at the idea of a Carol and Daryl side-show. It seems as if that the Walking Dead just wants to expand and expand into this beast, rather than continue the story in a satisfying way for the main characters of the main story. It's a joke at this point that Carol is still alive, nevermind Daryl...who isn't in the source material.

The only redeeming moment was where I thought we'd get some kind of epic Negan vs. Beta showdown, which was literally over in seconds. Hugely underwhelming.

In short, all of the pieces were in the right places, but all of the wrong moves were made. The first half of the episode was terrific for setting the scene and then it just fell apart when it came to resolving things. Felt like the episode should have been 30 minutes longer than it was.

In short, it's the weakest episode for both Season 9 and 10 by quite some distance, imo. Wasn't worth the wait. This is coming from a fan who loved how 9 and 10 redeemed itself after the mess of 7 and 8.
Yep that's everything I would have said too. Really hated how quick that fight ended. It was a nothing finale

Last edited:

Heardy

Wait - there are new episodes?
the season finale aired in the uk on Monday night,

@evil_geko above said he’d heard they were extending the series by 6 episodes. I just found this on a news article:

When is The Walking Dead season 11 released?
It could be a while before we have any precise details about the release date for series 11, but it's expected that the season will begin in late 2021, with the second half airing in 2022.

The series is set to be epic in length, with as many as 24 episodes split into two separate batches, and we'll let you know as soon as we get news of the official release dates.

Before then, though, fans have some extra season 10 episodes to look forward to - with six bonus episodes having been announced in July.

starman

Well that was a pretty terrible let down, I thought I might even be able to sit through this without getting distracted easily, but my mind was drifting off within the first 5 minutes, until the show just became background noise.

I remember reading the producers saying that last the 5 minutes of this episode was going to be the most outrageous and explosive ever.....then hearing how the show was ending, they hook you back in and now this is not even the finale, and are adding another 6 episodes :o
I will still end up watching them and probaby complain about how terrible the show is until it ends, because I am too far in...

The quality of the first few seasons (I know some people hated 2, but at the time I liked it) are now a distant memory, I can't even recall the excitement and anticipation i had at the time as I am so numb towards the show now. I am sure if I even watched them again, I will be very meh about it...
It's probably like a old video game you loved and you play it now and wonder how you loved it so much in the first place...

Last edited:

Sylar

So I watched this forgetting I had the one episode left,
damn, the cast is big .And yet I dont know many of the peoples name. I mean I know most of the originals, but they havent done a great job with character building have they?

I mean Maggie returned and I remembered her name and shes been gone for ages. But some of the ones im meant to care about, they were just faces.
Theyve kinda butchered Carols character, her going from meek to then badass was cool, but then they just wanted to do more stuff.
Daryl im not sure about and what to make of him as a character.

Eugene is basically a character from a different show completely.

Anyway I watched it, it was ok, I guess maybe because i havent seen it in ages. I thought ill watch it and then know there would be a new season or it will return some time, but then I checked and theres already 3 episodes done since its return (wouldnt have had an idea given this thread wasnt active :lol:)

ZDwyr

The latest episodes are just so boring and seem pointless to me, especially the Gabriel one
That was my experience from S2 until I stopped watching. Didn't even make it to the battle with Negan because it was so boring in the build-up.

On a semi-related note, I just stopped watching Fear the Walking Dead as well. After a very strong third season Gimple came on board and totally ruined that show as well.