Television The Walking Dead

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
and the guy at the dinner table is Lennie James, who was in Snatch and various tv dramas.

Gambit

Very impressive production crew.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I might give it a watch. I love anything zombie related and a TV series sounds good, it's always been done in movies so it makes a change.

Leg-End

This looks great, I mean its Frank Darabont it has to be.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Glad they are proper shuffling zombies and not those super-athletic zombies that have been in so many modern films. They're dead FFS, they can't outrun people!

Gambit

Second series has been greenlighted.
The Walking Dead Wins Season Two
…Before the first one even airs

The story of Frank Darabont’s attempt to bring Robert Kirkman’s beloved zombie comic The Walking Dead to TV screens has, in the last year or so, been filled largely with good news. It got picked up by US network AMC (and FX over here), went quickly from pilot to first series commission (AMC’s usual six episode kick-off), and has been building some healthy buzz, particularly after the trailer was shown at Comic-Con and arrived online. Now there’s another milestone passed as the show has won a second season before a frame of the first has even aired.

Fangoria reports that the show has been officially renewed, with filming set to start in February next year. And in keeping with AMC’s usual schedule, the next season will be 13 episodes.

While the first season took place in the blazing Atlanta heat, it’s possible that the next set of stories could take a cue from Volume 2 of the comics and be set during a different season. "It would be great not just to get out of the heat, but to present a different idea to the audience visually and tonally by having it be winter,” Darabont tells Comic Book Movie. There’s some really cool stuff that Kirkman did, where they find the one zombie that’s frozen to the ground. I’d never seen that before and that’s really cool.”

And given that he and Kirkman have been playing with the narrative and shifting stories and characters around a little (though the overall plot will be largely faithful to the comic), he might just get the chance to introduce his favourite character from the books: Michonne. “When she shows up – and boy, is she a character I can’t wait to get to – when she comes striding out of the wasteland like a Clint Eastwood f***ing spaghetti Western character cross-melded with some samurai movie, like the Baby Cart character with the f***ing sword, and there’s just a little drift of snow in the air. I would love to put that on film."

So if you were excited to see the show already, now you don’t have to worry about it being cancelled immediately should you end up loving it, and then having to go through years of therapy to get over it like we did to get over My So-Called Life and Firefly. Er. Ahem.

The first episode, written and directed by Darabont, will air on October 31 in the US and arrives over here shortly afterwards. There will be plenty more on the show in a future issue of Empire.
James White
Must be good.

Cina

I can't wait for it. It's getting super reviews.

The best zombie TV series I've seen was that Dead Set one by Charlie Brooker on E4, I'd say this will shit all over it.

kietotheworld

I can't wait for it. It's getting super reviews.

The best zombie TV series I've seen was that Dead Set one by Charlie Brooker on E4, I'd say this will shit all over it.
Yeah, Dead Set was great.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Just watched this, thought it was great. Love the CG and effects.

Marching

Somehow still supports Leeds
I enjoyed the pre air episode...odd seeing and hearing Andrew Lincoln though.

Lennie James is a great actor....he was in 'Buried' which was brilliant.

Zen

Haven't read any posts yet, but just downloaded the 720p version. Should watch it later, might put it off for a week(again as I put off watching the preair so I could get HD) as it's only showing a week behind on FXHD.

hungrywing

Glad they are proper shuffling zombies and not those super-athletic zombies that have been in so many modern films. They're dead FFS, they can't outrun people!
It's definitely a nice change of pace.

Very very good, amazing production levels for a tv show
Just watched this, thought it was great. Love the CG and effects.
It's shot on film, and so far the effects crew/DPs are the people who bring us many of our summer blockbusters. I guess the point being that they're approaching this as a 'labor of love' type project.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Just watched it. Impressively grim.

Wasn't expecting it to be as gritty as that but if it can maintain that level of quailty I'm hooked.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
I have really been sick and tired of everything zombie related these days, but I gave this ago and must say it is superb.

Very solid acting too

Cina

I prefer short series, otherwise they tend to descend into a farce.
Indeed, one of the core reasons why the likes of HBO, BBC, and Showtime have always delivered far better quality programming than public American Networks who drill out 24 episodes a season non stop.

Zen

Even though they refuted that a season 2 had been confirmed, after the pilot did 5.3m viewers, which is double what AMC gets for Mad Men, you can say it's pretty much confirmed now. All future seasons will be 13 episodes also apparently.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
They played a Dead Set marathon before this so I finally got to enjoy that.

Walking Dead was alright but it's not really offering anything new is it? I'll keep watching 'cos I love this sort of stuff but doubt it's going to be epic or anything.

Sylar

Amazing show. Brilliant piliot and cannot wait for the next few episodes. Intense stuff but just great storytelling.

Spoony

The People's President
They played a Dead Set marathon before this so I finally got to enjoy that.

Walking Dead was alright but it's not really offering anything new is it? I'll keep watching 'cos I love this sort of stuff but doubt it's going to be epic or anything.
Yeah, I agree with that. Good but nothing that hasn't been done before.

Xander45

Know-It-All Champion May 2009
I've noticed i'm watching a lot of stuff on FX lately, Better Off Ted, Farscape, The Walking Dead and Burn Notice (I wouldn't have even looked at this had i not seen Bruce Campbell in the adverts). They've got some good stuff on there.