The White Supremacist Terrorist Threat

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I swear all the terrorist attacks in the west this year have been white supremacy related?
It's become an epidemic.

Pagh Wraith

The rise of anti-semitic attacks from neo-Nazis and Muslims in Germany recently is a sad truth. According to one EU study from 2018 46% of Jews in Germany avoid certain areas because they don't feel there and 44% are considering to leave the country. To have these numbers in Germany of all places is absolutely shocking.

Honest John

It will only get worse because extremists are now able to plumb the depths of latent support through social media.

Lots of dumb fodder to radicalize into doing their bidding while they sit high and dry.

nimic

something nice
Scout
The rise of anti-semitic attacks from neo-Nazis and Muslims in Germany recently is a sad truth. According to one EU study from 2018 46% of Jews in Germany avoid certain areas because they don't feel there and 44% are considering to leave the country. To have these numbers in Germany of all places is absolutely shocking.
Germany has a somewhat well-deseved reputation for facing and accepting the horrors of the Nazi regime and the Holocaust, but there are a few challenges. The first is that the Clean Wehrmacht myth combines with the "regular Germans didn't know" to make these crimes specifically Nazi state crimes, which can make it easier to absolve the "nation" for crimes. This happened both in the West and the East.

The second is that the Nazis shaped an entire nation for more than a decade, which has left a lasting mark. Studies have shown that the generation which grew up during Nazi rule has/had stronger anti-semitic views than the generations before and after. And while that generation is dying off, it's easy to see how they would impart a little bit of that onto the following generations.

There are surely more issues, but I'm not an expert on Germany.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Why race science is on the rise again
After the second world war, the belief that differences between so-called ‘races’ are genetic became taboo. Now, with the far right resurgent, it’s back
I have spent the last few years investigating the tumorous growth of this brand of intellectual racism. Not the racist thugs who confront us in plain sight, but the well-educated ones in smart suits, the ones with power. And I’ve encountered tight networks, including academics at the world’s leading universities, who have sought to shape public debates around race and immigration, gently nudging into acceptability the view that “foreigners” are by their very nature a threat because we are fundamentally different.

Within this cabal are those who look to science to shore up their political views. Some describe themselves as “race realists”, reflecting how they see the scientific truth as being on their side (and because calling yourself a racist is still unpalatable, even to most racists). For them, there are innate biological differences between population groups, making entire nations, for instance, naturally smarter than others. These “biological facts” neatly explain the course of history and modern day inequality.

These so-called scholars are slippery – they use euphemisms, scientific-looking charts and arcane arguments. Riding the wave of populism around the world and harnessing the internet to communicate and publish, they have also become bolder. But they are not new.
https://www.theguardian.com/books/2019/may/18/race-science-on-the-rise-angela-saini

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Height is a complex trait with effect sizes spread across millions of mutations and thereby genes, so its not inconceivable that mutations within some of those genes also have differential effects on IQ. Therefore short people are low IQ because of pleiotropy. [/straw man]

That is essentially the logic of that paper.

Denis' cuff

Germany has a somewhat well-deseved reputation for facing and accepting the horrors of the Nazi regime and the Holocaust, but there are a few challenges. The first is that the Clean Wehrmacht myth combines with the "regular Germans didn't know" to make these crimes specifically Nazi state crimes, which can make it easier to absolve the "nation" for crimes. This happened both in the West and the East.

The second is that the Nazis shaped an entire nation for more than a decade, which has left a lasting mark. Studies have shown that the generation which grew up during Nazi rule has/had stronger anti-semitic views than the generations before and after. And while that generation is dying off, it's easy to see how they would impart a little bit of that onto the following generations.

There are surely more issues, but I'm not an expert on Germany.

Seemingly not an expert.

A bit of a contrivance. Older generation, who have done little or nothing (and would be around 90 years old) to suggest involvement, if they are still even alive, is to blame because young people are committing murder.

Right.

nimic

something nice
Scout
That's such a ludicrous way to sum up what I wrote that I'm immediately sure you're not interested in arguing in good faith, and so I won't give you any more time.

Halftrack

this whole account
Oh god, she's Norwegian. I need to find out how to report that account to the authorities in the hope that they'll be able to find out who she is and put her on some watch list.

How fecked in the head do you have to be to make a compilation of your favourite Christchurch kills? Even reading that sentence made me ill. What a complete fecking brokebrained psychopath. Just knowing she lives somewhere here in Norway makes me feel ill.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout

Jericholyte2

Do we need to move a few of the recent threads relating to far right terrorism into this thread?

I do wonder ever so much why these terrorist attacks seem to be increasing in frequency...

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
The parallels with jihadist radicalisation is so crazy. They even fight a foreign war armed with the same weapons (AK-47)

On a side note, I hope the fact that I started this thread doesn’t jeopardise my newfound status as resident gammon in chief.
I actually saw you were the OP and thought it was ironic since you’ve been radicalised yourself

OleBoiii

If it wasn't for the fact that I look so Aryan, I'd be way more scared of white supremacists than the likes of ISIS.

Blodssvik

Yeah Nato has been trying to nurture extreme nationalism in Ukraine to drive a wedge between them and russia for a long time. Extremism including white supremacism is a very important part of the geopolitical playbook that is wielded around the world. But it's easier to bemoan nazi Kyle who spray paints a swastika in the school bathroom.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Yeah Nato has been trying to nurture extreme nationalism in Ukraine to drive a wedge between them and russia for a long time. Extremism including white supremacism is a very important part of the geopolitical playbook that is wielded around the world. But it's easier to bemoan nazi Kyle who spray paints a swastika in the school bathroom.
Why would NATO need to do this when Putin himself has mastered the art of driving wedges between Russia and NATO by invading his neighbors, stealing their land, murdering Russians in Europe and interfering in the elections of at least two dozen, primarily European nations.

Blodssvik

Why would NATO need to do this when Putin himself has mastered the art of driving wedges between Russia and NATO by invading his neighbors, stealing their land, murdering Russians in Europe and interfering in the elections of at least two dozen, primarily European nations.
I obviously meant driving a wedge between Ukraine and Russia. Even with ongoing conflict Russia remain their most important trade partner.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Imagine killing people because you think white people are under appreciated in society.

It's like rich people murdering poor people for occasionally being able to afford a used car.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
Finished Exterminate All the Brutes over the weekend. We've just been a horrible bunch of cnuts for centuries, haven't we.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Canadian man charged with murder after allegedly driving into Muslim family
Two women, a man and a girl were killed on Sunday when Nathaniel Veltman drove a pickup truck into pedestrians, police say

A 20-year-old Canadian man has been charged with four counts of first-degree murder and one of attempted murder after driving his pickup truck into a Muslim family in what police described as “a premeditated attack”.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ndon-ontario-motorist-targeted-muslims-police

Dante

Average bang
Two women, a man and a girl were killed on Sunday when Nathaniel Veltman drove a pickup truck into pedestrians, police say

A 20-year-old Canadian man has been charged with four counts of first-degree murder and one of attempted murder after driving his pickup truck into a Muslim family in what police described as “a premeditated attack”.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ndon-ontario-motorist-targeted-muslims-police
A 9 year old boy just lost his mum, dad, 15 year old sister and grandma.

Feck me, that's grim. I honestly don't know how I would have been able to carry on if that had happened to me at that age. So sad. Really feel for the kid.

Hope the terrorist gets what's coming to him.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

:(:(:(
Just 2 hours from where I am, my first cousins family lives there too, could easily have been them as they are Islamic too (though white, so probably not as "easy" to target i guess). So fecked up. Canada's name has been getting dragged through the mud lately and rightly so. So much silent/subtle racism around, not to mention all the shit with the residential schools and how the whole country was built on pretty much trying to eradicate all native Americans and their culture. Disgusting.

Foxbatt

And there are people who will find excuses for these kinds of things or people.
Incidentally a white police officer has been cleared of killing an indigenous woman in New Brunswick Canada. She had a small knife and came at him when he went to her apartment in the night. He didn't shoot her one time. He shot her multiple times to death. This is the new norm now.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
This is just so fecking brutal; I can't get over how someone would do something like that... (I know it happens more often, especially in more dangerous parts of the world; but it hits harder when it's closer to home, it just does.)

And that poor boy! My eldest is a similar age, I can't imagine her in that situation...

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Sickening.