Television The Wire

nimic

something nice
Scout
I would like a sequel, where Ziggy comes out of jail some 10 years later, and with his cousin, they go hunting the greeks to avenge Frank.

The greek bosses are awesome, and they are not even greek.
In my head canon, Ziggy got out of jail by joining the military and going to Iraq.

(Tobias Beecher, on the other hand, escaped Oz and posed as a journalist to get out of the country).

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I agree, but I love the season four version too, especially for the fact that it's actually sung by Baltimore schoolkids (I think?).

IRELANDUNITED

I've heard so many times that this is the greatest TV show of all time, I did try and watch it once but I couldn't keep up with it. Someone say something to me to make me watch this show again!

lsd

The Oracle
I've heard so many times that this is the greatest TV show of all time, I did try and watch it once but I couldn't keep up with it. Someone say something to me to make me watch this show again!

You either like it or you don't it's your opinion. It doesn't change how highly rated a show it is

Breaking bad is always rated as a top show yet i have never gotten into it but it's always going to be rated alongside the Sopranos and The Wire which i love

Idxomer

It's not the greatest show but easily top 5, I personally prefer The Sopranos and The Shield and maybe a couple more but that's it. It's a slow burner though and not very rewarding, so understand why some don't connect with it.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
One of my best friends used to say the same bullshit you are saying right now. We barely spoke anymore after that.

Early this year, 7 years after I told him to watch the Wire for the first time, he called me saying how sorry he was for not listening to me earlier, that he felt like an idiot for missing out for so long. He finally had watched The Wire and thought it was the best show ever.

IRELANDUNITED

One of my best friends used to say the same bullshit you are saying right now. We barely spoke anymore after that.

Early this year, 7 years after I told him to watch the Wire for the first time, he called me saying how sorry he was for not listening to me earlier, that he felt like an idiot for missing out for so long. He finally had watched The Wire and thought it was the best show ever.

OK wow, I'm not sure that not agreeing on the same TV show is worthy of ending a best friendship but each to their own I guess. ‍♂

George Owen

OK wow, I'm not sure that not agreeing on the same TV show is worthy of ending a best friendship but each to their own I guess. ‍♂
You missed the point. (Also I never said we ended the friendship)

You ask for a reason to try watch the show again, and I'm telling you that plenty people had said exactly the same you said (couldn't get into the show, etc), only to give it another chance later and come back to admit it was actually the best TV show ever.

So maybe give it another watch? (this time sticking to it..)

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
You missed the point. (Also I never said we ended the friendship)

You ask for a reason to try watch the show again, and I'm telling you that plenty people had said exactly the same you said (couldn't get into the show, etc), only to give it another chance later and come back to admit it was actually the best TV show ever.

So maybe give it another watch? (this time sticking to it..)
I dunno, I think that’s grounds for ending a friendship.

George Owen

Generation Kill is also created by David Simon, incidentally, who did The Wire. He also did The Plot Against America, which was great (and upset a few Nazis).
Thanks. When I'm done with my current Sopranos rewatch, going for those HBO that slipped away.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Ziggy in Bosch was actually alright, and Daniels basically plays the same character like he just switched coasts. Marlo took some getting used to...
Daniels has an incredible role in It's always sunny I always find hilarious.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
I’d watched the first couple seasons about 10-12 years ago as I borrowed the box set off a mate. For some reason never followed up with the remaining seasons.

Have recently downloaded them all and having been so long ago I forgot what happens but still know the characters. Almost finished the first season and it’s brilliant. I’ve got a huge ACCA exam in a couple days but I’m struggling to stop watching to study.

I remember watching a couple seasons of the OZ at the same time when I was a kid and actually preferring it. Will be jumping back into that after I’m done with this.

forevrared

Generation Kill is also created by David Simon, incidentally, who did The Wire. He also did The Plot Against America, which was great (and upset a few Nazis).
I always thought Generation Kill deserved a lot more credit than it got. I think a lot of movies about Iraq and Afghanistan come off a bit propaganda’ish (which is probably in part why it is often dismissed), but as per usual, Simon did some brilliant work with the characters in Generation Kill and humanized the whole thing quite well.

b82REZ

Dukie's arc is the one that hurt me the most I think, along with Bubbs (who does get some redemption at the end though). As you say, never had a chance.
The juxtaposition of Dukie and Bubbz in the final season is one of the best parts of that season. As the viewer you know that Dukie is going to be lost to the streets and you hope he's savvy enough to be like Bubbz to ensure his survival.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
I always thought Generation Kill deserved a lot more credit than it got. I think a lot of movies about Iraq and Afghanistan come off a bit propaganda’ish (which is probably in part why it is often dismissed), but as per usual, Simon did some brilliant work with the characters in Generation Kill and humanized the whole thing quite well.
I agree its underrated... these days it would probably have been spun out over 7 seasons to maximise return on investment but its a really nice example of a stand alone miniseries

lsd

The Oracle
Hate this scene because it's the beginning of the end for Prop Joe.

feck! I hate that cnut Cheese so much.

Slim Charles avenging Prop Joe was one of the happiest moments for me.

Joe had it coming he was just to sneaky for his own good . You are right though wasn't too long after this till Marlo and Chris came for him... like Omar he ran out of time

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Joe had it coming he was just to sneaky for his own good . You are right though wasn't too long after this till Marlo and Chris came for him... like Omar he ran out of time
Became a cadaverous motherfecker.

edit: just remembered the actor who played him died :(

lsd

The Oracle
Became a cadaverous motherfecker.

edit: just remembered the actor who played him died :(

Forgot that too just reading he was an acting coach and coached the four new young actors throughout season 4 .

On a side note while googling him Delaney Williams who played Jay Landsman has lost a ton of weight and looks well

Mystry

Friendship is magic
Is it me or does anyone else get super hungry when watching this scene?

It might have already been covered in this thread, but what does he ask for? I got the potato salad but it sounds like he wants a piss sandwich. I thought maybe its fish sandwich but then says he wants it medium rare.