Gaming The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Not really turn based. You can do everything in real time but you can pause the combat to tell your characters what to do. A bit like KOTOR.
To be honest I barely remember it. It's just not very free flowing right? I just remember the combat not being my cup of tea. Same with kotor which I tried sometime back. Seemed like a chore (the combat), personally.

amolbhatia50k

I tried dragon age origins. It's got the turn based combat hasn't it? Can't stand the combat of dark souls, sky rim and from clips I've seen, the witcher.
Oops I mean I prefer the combat of those games.

Dumbat12

Nah, it wasn't. The choices you make in DA don't have much impact on the game, unlike Witcher. Plus, the Witcher has a much better story.
Don't agree, in Origins you have many choices although not quite as big in changing the game, they stack up. Also, the characters are better, classes, gameplay, you name it. The only real major choice you get in Witcher 2 is the second Act. Don't get me wrong, the Witcher 2 is amazing, but it can't compare to Origins.

But when it comes down to series and not a single game, then the Witcher wins just becaues Dragon age II was just a massive fail.

Anyway, Origins is up there as the greatest RPG along with Mass Effect 2 and Baldur's Gate... IMO.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Don't agree, in Origins you have many choices although not quite as big in changing the game, they stack up. Also, the characters are better, classes, gameplay, you name it. The only real major choice you get in Witcher 2 is the second Act. Don't get me wrong, the Witcher 2 is amazing, but it can't compare to Origins.

But when it comes down to series and not a single game, then the Witcher wins just becaues Dragon age II was just a massive fail.

Anyway, Origins is up there as the greatest RPG along with Mass Effect 2 and Baldur's Gate... IMO.
I did play it, but I felt you can have a grater impact in the Witcher. Might be down the fact I skipped DA 2, but the new one does look excellent. I do agree about ME, shame they fecked it up in the end.

They have plenty of impact but not quite as much, no. I also wouldn't say there's much in the story . I preferred the DA:O story and characters.

Anyway, you're missing the most important thing, the game play, which is way superior.
I just couldn't get into DA, might be down to that. I think people are too harsh on the Witcher's 2 gameplay. It was a massive improvement from the first one, but it did have some faults.

Anyway, I'm planning on getting the new DA, it looks excellent so far.

Revan

Assumptionman
I just couldn't get into DA, might be down to that. I think people are too harsh on the Witcher's 2 gameplay. It was a massive improvement from the first one, but it did have some faults.

Anyway, I'm planning on getting the new DA, it looks excellent so far.
I liked the gameplay of the first one more. I thought that the gameplay of the second one was really poor. On contrary, Dragon Age: Origins has one of the best gameplay on RPG games ever. It is incredibly deep.

Not much difference on story between the second Witcher and the first Dragon Age, though if I have to choose I would go for The Witcher. However on characters and voice acting, it isn't even close, Dragon Age easily wins.

I have really high hopes on both new Witcher and new Dragon Age.

Revan

Assumptionman
To be honest I barely remember it. It's just not very free flowing right? I just remember the combat not being my cup of tea. Same with kotor which I tried sometime back. Seemed like a chore (the combat), personally.
It is 'semi turn-based'. Similar to KOTOR (though deeper) it is a more tactical combat rather than having fast reactions. On middle/hard difficulties you have to stop the game in order to prepare for the battle and then pause a few times during battles to give orders to companions. It isn't as deep as on Final Fantasy games, but still very strategical.

A lot of people don't like it, but personally those kind of fighting is my favorite. Far better IMO, then just rapidly push the buttons (which is what Witcher battle system was).

amolbhatia50k

It is 'semi turn-based'. Similar to KOTOR (though deeper) it is a more tactical combat rather than having fast reactions. On middle/hard difficulties you have to stop the game in order to prepare for the battle and then pause a few times during battles to give orders to companions. It isn't as deep as on Final Fantasy games, but still very strategical.

A lot of people don't like it, but personally those kind of fighting is my favorite. Far better IMO, then just rapidly push the buttons (which is what Witcher battle system was).
Yeah not my thing I guess. Really enjoy dark soul's system.

Leg-End

Anyone that likes DA should definately check out Divinity Original Sin.

JackXX

Free DLC for everyone.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt developer CD Projekt Red today announced a free DLC program for the 2015 role-playing game, and it does not disappoint. The studio will release a whopping 16 add-on packs for the RPG, all of which will be completely free, and are not tied to any platform.

The first bundle of DLC expansions for The Witcher 3 will be released on February 25, a day after the game's public release. This content will come in the form of the Temerian Armor Set (includes horse armor) and the Beard and Hairstyle Set for main character Geralt.

After February 25, DLC bundles featuring two expansions will be released every week. Other content will include more quests and personalization options. CD Projekt Red has also released a Q&A about the free Witcher 3 DLC, which should clear up any questions you might have. You can read the full Q&A below.

You might be wondering why CD Projekt Red is giving away all the DLC instead of charging for it like so many other publishers do. CD Projekt Red co-founder Marcin Iwinski explains in an open letter to fans that offering free DLC is unfortunately "quite rare these days."

"As gamers, we nowadays have to hold on tight to our wallets, as surprisingly right after release, lots of tiny pieces of tempting content materialize with a steep price tag attached. Haven't we just paid a lot of cash for a brand new game?" he says.

"As CD Projekt Red, we strongly believe this is not the way it should work and, with The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, we have decided to do it differently," he added. "This is our way of saying thank you for buying our game."

The Witcher 3 launches February 24 across Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC. For more, check out GameSpot's previous coverage.

Q: What do I have to do to receive the 16 free DLCs?

A: The only thing you need to do to receive the 16 DLCs is purchase The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. All of the DLCs will be available for free on every platform (i.e. Xbox One, PC, and PlayStation 4).

Q: Do I have to pre-order to get the free DLCs?

A: No, each piece of content will be available for download regardless of you buying the game before or after launch on February 24th, 2015.

Q: I have the standard version of the game (i.e. not the Collector’s Edition). Do I still get the free DLCs?

A: Yes. You get the 16 DLCs regardless of the version of the game you bought (i.e. standard or Collector's, digital or physical).

Q: What’s the plan? When can I expect the DLCs to be released?

A: The plan is to release a new DLC bundle (each bundle contains two DLCs) on a weekly basis, following the game’s launch February 24th, 2015. The first DLC bundle will be released the next day on February 25th. The next bundle will be available for download a week after that, on March 4th, the next on March 11th, and so on. The first bundle will contain the Temerian Armor Set and a Beard and Hairstyle Set for Geralt. The second bundle will contain an additional quest and an alternative look for one of the game’s main characters--Yennefer of Vengerberg.

Q: Where can I find out more?

A: You can find more details on thewitcher.com. At this moment, four DLCs (two bundles) are revealed. The remaining DLCs will be unveiled each week after launch.
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/witcher-3-getting-16-free-dlc-packs/1100-6423411/

Nice surprise!

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
So good, so so good

Revan

Assumptionman
CD Projekt are the best video game company when it comes to this stuff.

Anyway, has anyone read the Witcher books? Are they available on English and are they worth the time and money?

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
CD Projekt are the best video game company when it comes to this stuff.

Anyway, has anyone read the Witcher books? Are they available on English and are they worth the time and money?
It got it's very own atmosphere based on raw Slavic mythology. Books have way deeper description of Geralt's interactions with women and overall adult content.

It's not a typical Tolkienesque fantasy with a big journey and a lots of noble characters.

You may like it like me but it's not a typical fantasy.

JackXX

Delayed until May... I thought Feb was going to be amazing. Not so much now

Kostur

海尔的老板
I feel strange being Polish and having absolutely 0 interest in this game, it's previous parts, TV show, book or a movie ( if there was one ).

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
I feel strange being Polish and having absolutely 0 interest in this game, it's previous parts, TV show, book or a movie ( if there was one ).
TV show was probably main reason why impression was ruined for many.

Took some efforts to rebuild the reputation.

Ruht

Can't say I'm not disappointed by the news. Was really looking forward to playing it in February as DA:I should've kept me busy until then.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
"Dear Gamers,

Ever since we started working on The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, we knew it would be an ambitious game. We wanted, and still aim, to give you an incredible experience, an epic adventure in a vast, completely open fantasy universe.

The sheer size and complexity of The Witcher, key features of the title, have had a decisive impact on production. Now, nearing the end of our work, we see many details that need to be corrected. When we release the most important game in our studio’s history, we must be absolutely sure that we did everything we could to limit any bugs to a level that will allow you to enjoy the game thoroughly.

With this in mind, we took another look at current workloads and what they mean for the team. Even though everyone is working at full speed, we concluded that we need another 12 weeks, so we are shifting the release date of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt to May 19th, 2015.

We owe you an apology. We set the release date too hastily. It’s a hard lesson, one to take to heart for the future. We know what we want to do to make Wild Hunt one of the best RPGs you will ever play. And we continue to work hard to achieve just that. So, we apologize and ask for your trust.

Thank you for the all support you show us on a daily basis. We truly do appreciate it. It has fueled us in our passion since the start and will continue to do so."
I'm honesty not disappointed, I have no issues with them taking extra time to give us the perfect game. Plus, there are enough games for us to play until May.

Leg-End

May's cool, there is more than enough stuff to keep us going until then. Just make it right.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
It's great that they're wanting to produce the best game on release rather than release a buggy mess with immediate patches

Revan

Assumptionman
May is the exam month for me, but otherwise it is fine. Don't care for the delay as long as the game is quality.

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
Looks unbelievable. The game i have been most looking forward to which is strange because it is not my type of game.

stu_1992

Holy shit, does that look good. I was excited before, but that just increased it considerably.

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
Any cheap place to pre order this that anyone has seen ? 50 quid on Shop to for guaranteed delivery on release day, well it usually is with them.