Gaming The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
How the feck do I beat the Toad Prince in Hearts of Stone? Can’t lay a scratch on him!!!

(Worth noting that after finishing main quest on PC, I started a new game from HoS on Xbox so that I could play in living room over Christmas period - point I’m trying to make is that I have all ability points to spend but no gear atm).
I just dodged his attacks and hit him.

I know that sounds like some arse saying ‘git gud,’ but I’m not. Well... I can be an ass, but I’m not good. I beat him first try by being very patient and use Quen a hundred times over.

Took like an hour. And a lot of points into Quen.

Mindhunter

I got to the Bloody Baron some days ago, but can’t advance because I just keep playing Gwent.
It's good, isn't it? I had ignored it for days but when I finally discovered it I went around the entire continent playing Gwent with all shopkeepers and innkeepers and collected all the cards I could.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
The one boss i had trouble with was Imlerith on my first run. Went into the fight with underleveled gear and took way too much damage from his fecking teleport attack, i died so often i almost cried.

Andersons Dietician

How the feck do I beat the Toad Prince in Hearts of Stone? Can’t lay a scratch on him!!!

(Worth noting that after finishing main quest on PC, I started a new game from HoS on Xbox so that I could play in living room over Christmas period - point I’m trying to make is that I have all ability points to spend but no gear atm).
Like others have said probably the hardest fight in the game. First time I came across him he merked me so many times. It was one of those I had to walk away from then come back to.
potions and the dodge attack is what I seem to recall, because is t there a delay when he throws out his tongue.

Fridge chutney

I forgot about this. It was so hard. He does this one attack that basically kills you, you have to time dodging it almost perfectly and then just withstand his other attacks with quen. It can be frustrating but you'll get there.

Simbo

Enjoying this much more on my 2nd playthrough, dunno if its cos I'm more invested in the story because of the TV show or because I'm playing all the content. I skipped most the side quests first time through.

Priscilla just got attacked, I swear I'm not going to bed until I've fked up the culprit.

Riddle

Depends how you play really. Using Golden Oriole potion (I think the superior version heals you for the amount of poison damage you take, so you're pretty much always full hp) and Northern Wind bomb is by far the easiest way to kill him. I seem to remember he's weak to fire, so Igni sign works well. Or you could just use good old Quen and dodge.

Irwin99

Enjoying this much more on my 2nd playthrough, dunno if its cos I'm more invested in the story because of the TV show or because I'm playing all the content. I skipped most the side quests first time through.

Priscilla just got attacked, I swear I'm not going to bed until I've fked up the culprit.
No spoilers but try and be as thorough as possible in your investigation. I messed that one up big time on the first playthrough and didn't even realise it at the time.

GazTheLegend

I enjoyed the game but it’s really easy even on doom merchant and the combat gets kinda boring.

Quen-dodge-slash seems to do for 99% of all baddies and even deep in the third DLC I’m only playing now out of some sense of completionism and a fomo

That said certain quests are up there with the best in any game and actually bring to mind Final Fantasy 7 at times (which is the highest praise I can give it) such as the possessed wedding in the DLC which was absolutely fantastic fun

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
If only it would encourage the studio to release a mini DLC ;) :drool:
I think the world needs a Witcher 4 on next gen hardware. Do it, CDPR.

I'm on my third playthrough and it's as incredible as ever. The detail and quality of writing in the side quests is like nothing else.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas

I'm on my third playthrough and it's as incredible as ever. The detail and quality of writing in the side quests is like nothing else.
Console or PC? Some pretty nice mods out there for PC these days.

And yes I am sure they will work on another Witcher game after Cyberpunk comes out but the question is how long will the wait be from that pt and will Geralt still be the main character?

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Replaying this, just left white orchard fully complete, in Velen now and came across the devil's pit (like a quarry /mine), never seen it before, this should have had a quest centred around it, wasted as a bandit camp.

Wal2Fra

Got the complete addition on the switch for christmas. Never played any of them previously. Enjoying it so far (although not blown away like I was with Skyrim by this point) but my biggest concern with the switch version is the horrendous load times!

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Got the complete addition on the switch for christmas. Never played any of them previously. Enjoying it so far (although not blown away like I was with Skyrim by this point) but my biggest concern with the switch version is the horrendous load times!
Load times where? When first loading the game?

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
Anyone know of any good youtube tutorials that cover all the basics? I've still to play Blood & Wine and watching the show has made me want to finish it. I haven't played it in years though.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Anyone know of any good youtube tutorials that cover all the basics? I've still to play Blood & Wine and watching the show has made me want to finish it. I haven't played it in years though.
Steel is for humans, silver is for monsters, alchemy is king. ;)

Art Vandelay

I don't want another Witcher despite TW3 being my favourite game of all time. It's ended and it was awesome, going back to the well again and again until people don't want it any more seems to be the way of things these days and I'd rather TW not suffer that fate. When I look at Terminator after T2, Predator, Halo, Gears of War, the Batman Arkham games after Arkham City as some examples I think we should have left this alone and quit while on top. TW3 would be one hell of a hard act to follow and might be better just left alone as a majestically replayable end.

There's nothing out for a couple of months now though and if I can get a couple of other games finished I'll be going back to my current play through. :drool:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I don't want another Witcher despite TW3 being my favourite game of all time. It's ended and it was awesome, going back to the well again and again until people don't want it any more seems to be the way of things these days and I'd rather TW not suffer that fate. When I look at Terminator after T2, Predator, Halo, Gears of War, the Batman Arkham games after Arkham City as some examples I think we should have left this alone and quit while on top. TW3 would be one hell of a hard act to follow and might be better just left alone as a majestically replayable end.

There's nothing out for a couple of months now though and if I can get a couple of other games finished I'll be going back to my current play through. :drool:
That's true. Releasing tired and stale Witcher games is definitely unecessary given the note the series ended on. But I have to admit the possibility of another title even if it's smaller in scale and possibly a DLC (CDPR style), but on next gen hardware.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If only it would encourage the studio to release a mini DLC ;) :drool:

They actually just recently announced they've gained the full rights to the witcher series in an agreement with the author.

I assume this meant before they couldn't really continue without an agreement, but with the massive success of the Netflix series they'd be silly not to make another after Cyberpunk.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout

What about their own universe? A spiritual successor to The Witcher series? @The Mitcher

Irwin99

I can never forget that glorious sound when you complete a quest :drool:

Received 1 experience point

Jacob

Started second playthrough today. Is there anything you shouldn't miss in White Orchird?

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Started second playthrough today. Is there anything you shouldn't miss in White Orchird?
Used to be a gwent card, but I think they patched that. Or that might just be a random mod I’m thinking of so don’t quote me on that...

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I can never forget that glorious sound when you complete a quest :drool:

Received 1 experience point
The way exp worked in that always wound me up. Still does a little bit but I can kinda understand why, otherwise you'd just smash everything to pieces too easily.

Jacob

Used to be a gwent card, but I think they patched that. Or that might just be a random mod I’m thinking of so don’t quote me on that...
I have a vague memory of a card as well, that you could only buy it from the florist. Didn't see anything in her shop though.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Leshens keep spawning and mashing me up, I'm only level 6 ffs :lol: this is brutal! Don't remember this from my first playthrough

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks

If it helps it won't be for a while anyway