Television The Witcher | Netflix | There are book spoilers here

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
In the process of re watching S1 and i must say the show is a lot better for it. I think the first time watching I was both hype drunk and had the games in mind too much. Between the flow making a lot more sense on second watch, and looking at it as the Witcher- the show and not comparing it to the games because I am now familiar with the actors - it makes it way better.

I do still think the chronological order of things could have been handled better. One thing I now realize threw me off majorly and I assume many others as well is the similarity in looks between Ciri and her mother in the wedding episode. At the time I thought it was her Ciri herself which caused some major confusion (probably bc I was coasting thru the episodes and not paying too much attention to all the storylines).

Even Foltest kind of grew on me the second time around.

Last edited:

Drifter

American
Got round to watching this and thoroughly enjoyed it. Cavill got it spot on with Geralt . Never read the books but felt that Triss was miscast ,but that is just me going by the game.Can't wait for next season and hope at some stage they will introduce Letho.

Ainu

Got round to watching this and thoroughly enjoyed it. Cavill got it spot on with Geralt . Never read the books but felt that Triss was miscast ,but that is just me going by the game.Can't wait for next season and hope at some stage they will introduce Letho.
Letho is purely a game character, so that will 100% not happen.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Didn’t get Mark Hamill for S2.

Oh well, he might’ve been too much of a distracting presence anyways.
Yeah not sure that would have worked unless he really had his heart and soul in it. The season doesn't really need any more hype now anyway.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Well after absolutely loving the series, my girlfriend bought me The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt for the Xbox.

Fair to say I am now completely and utterly obsessed with this franchise. Awesome.

Sylar

If there isnt a crossover with 'Cursed', ill be annoyed. Need a universe building show thats not marvel.

Anyway, yeah, im looking fwd to season 2. Ill prob watch the prequel as its only 6 eps. Maybe they will do it like Spartacus and then have a character from the prequel join the main cast.

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
Watched season 1, mixed feelings. Cavill's performance is good, but it was similar to Adrien Brody's in Predator where the voice sounded a bit too put-on at times.

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
I'm not comparing the two overall, just their two similar voices in those two performances.

Sylar

Season 2 trailer
And confirmed December 17 release

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I thought the main story of season 1 was terrific. But the sub plots/stand alone episodes let it down.

If they just concentrate on the story and build it up episode by episode it should be good. Avoid this monster of the week type stuff.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Long wait - happy to have a date - will need to rewatch the first series.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I thought the main story of season 1 was terrific. But the sub plots/stand alone episodes let it down.

If they just concentrate on the story and build it up episode by episode it should be good. Avoid this monster of the week type stuff.
I think from here it will be much more like this. The first season is based around the first book which was a serious of short stories set in different times. I think now that they have set it up, season 2 can follow a much more linear story and can be set chronologically which will help people follow it better.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I think from here it will be much more like this. The first season is based around the first book which was a serious of short stories set in different times. I think now that they have set it up, season 2 can follow a much more linear story and can be set chronologically which will help people follow it better.
Hopefully.

Personally hate the villian/monster of the week type shows.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Yep, from the preview it seems they're following the Ciri 'child of destiny' storyline which is much more fleshed out.

The short stories were great for people that have read the books, but not very easy to follow for new fans IMO. I think with season 2 they'll make it a more standard A to B plot