Television The Witcher | Netflix | There are book spoilers here

GazTheLegend

Yep, from the preview it seems they're following the Ciri 'child of destiny' storyline which is much more fleshed out.

The short stories were great for people that have read the books, but not very easy to follow for new fans IMO. I think with season 2 they'll make it a more standard A to B plot
Thank god. Episode to episode, the overarching plot was a bit hard to watch at times, as entertaining as some bits were.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Thank god. Episode to episode, the overarching plot was a bit hard to watch at times, as entertaining as some bits were.
Agreed. Recommended the show to some friends and they enjoyed it but were very confused by it.

The timeline jumping back and forth with no clear explaination didn't help at all, I think they've learnt from that mistake as the director admitted as so.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Yep, from the preview it seems they're following the Ciri 'child of destiny' storyline which is much more fleshed out.

The short stories were great for people that have read the books, but not very easy to follow for new fans IMO. I think with season 2 they'll make it a more standard A to B plot
Hopefully.

Drifter

American
The cast of The Witcher: Blood Origin is filling up!

Netflix has just announced 10 more actors who have joined the spinoff show which will have just six episodes in the limited series.

Variety reports that Mirren Mack will play Merwyn; Lenny Henry will play Balor; Jacob Collins will play Eredin; Lizzie Annis will play Zacaré; and Huw Novelli will play Callan “Brother Death”.

Also joining the cast are Francesca Mills as Meldof; Amy Murray as Fenrik; Nathaniel Curtis as Brían; Zach Wyatt as Syndril; and Dylan Moran as Uthrok One-Nut.

Set in an elven world 1,200 years before the world of The Witcher, the prequel series Blood Origin will tell a story lost to time, including the creation of the first prototype Witcher and the events that lead to the pivotal Conjunction of the Spheres, when the worlds of monsters, men and elves merged to become one.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
Variety reports that Mirren Mack will play Merwyn; Lenny Henry will play Balor; Jacob Collins will play Eredin; Lizzie Annis will play Zacaré; and Huw Novelli will play Callan “Brother Death”.

Also joining the cast are Francesca Mills as Meldof; Amy Murray as Fenrik; Nathaniel Curtis as Brían; Zach Wyatt as Syndril; and Dylan Moran as Uthrok One-Nut.
Huh what? Ive read all the books, but these characters (apart from Eredin ofcourse) all dont ring any bell for me.. Curious about how Eredin will be portrayed.. I hope they will succeed to create this sinister aura around him..

Conor

Just came in to post that it's bullshit that spoilers are allowed in here. It's a thread for the TV show, and we should be able to read it without having things spoiled.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Huh what? Ive read all the books, but these characters (apart from Eredin ofcourse) all dont ring any bell for me.. Curious about how Eredin will be portrayed.. I hope they will succeed to create this sinister aura around him..
It's a spin off show, so they're probably going to make their own story?

It's sometimes easier to just make up new characters too - we've seen already that people were unhappy with the casting of original characters, as they already have an image of them due to the games in the heads.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
It's a spin off show, so they're probably going to make their own story?

It's sometimes easier to just make up new characters too - we've seen already that people were unhappy with the casting of original characters, as they already have an image of them due to the games in the heads.
Ah makes sense yes.. Didnt know it was for a spinoff, didnt know they were making a spinoff! Awesome

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
So I watched The Witcher: Nightmare of the Wolf yesterday, and it was bloody awesome!!

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Yeah I've been worried to come in here ahead of the new season thinking there will be book spoilers everywhere.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
I see this on netflix as a recommendation, looks like ill watch it as it seems like its a 90 minute movie?
yeah correct.. The story about Vesemir becoming a Witcher - and some other gaps being filled...

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Damn, another series I need to rewatch to get up to speed for the new season. Also, looks like Vesemir is being played by Kim Bodna, a Danish actor.

atkar83

Looks great, I love that there's a bigger budget. I enjoyed the first season, but I feel like its similar to 'Doom Patrol' for me. While I enjoy it, I know its not for everyone so I can only recommend it to certain people (whereas I feel like a show like 'The Boys' I can recommend to anyone)

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Looking forward to it. Hopefully its not monster of the week type stuff like the first season kind of was.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Looks great, I love that there's a bigger budget. I enjoyed the first season, but I feel like its similar to 'Doom Patrol' for me. While I enjoy it, I know its not for everyone so I can only recommend it to certain people (whereas I feel like a show like 'The Boys' I can recommend to anyone)
I know what you mean while at the same time the Witcher is 2x better than they boys overall. For whatever reason superhero is considered a much more accessible genre than fantasy.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I seriously don't get Netflix' obsession with binge releases. Between episodes you're not able to reflect for yourself, or even discuss with others online (without risking spoilers in return). There really is no hype or excitement built up when you immediately can jump to the next episode. First season was good but the hype was dead two weeks after release because everyone had seen the entire thing over Christmas. Horrible concept.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I seriously don't get Netflix' obsession with binge releases. Between episodes you're not able to reflect for yourself, or even discuss with others online (without risking spoilers in return). There really is no hype or excitement built up when you immediately can jump to the next episode. First season was good but the hype was dead two weeks after release because everyone had seen the entire thing over Christmas. Horrible concept.
I think it works with most shows but for their bigger, more popular shows like this and Stranger Things they'd probably benefit from the Amazon model of releasing 3 and then weekly after that to build up the hype machine. Releasing in full for newer shows makes sense as a lot of people love a good weekend binge and won't lose interest. It's a model that's been very successful for them.

It's ruined things for me, there's very few shows I can be arsed with if they're released weekly anymore, only really, really good ones. Anything that's not overly special I just lose interest, and most of their content is watchable but nothing great.

MiceOnMeth

I know what you mean while at the same time the Witcher is 2x better than they boys overall. For whatever reason superhero is considered a much more accessible genre than fantasy.
:houllier: The boys season 1 was 9/10 for me I could barely finish Witcher it was a complete mess and hard to follow

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Yeah, it's why we will never have another game of thrones type deal.

No matter where you went or who you spoke to they had theories, or questions about what was happening and ideas how it was going to pan out. In the pub everyone would be talking about it between episodes.

Now it's "did you see that Witcher series?" "Yeah it was cool, I liked when he sang that song".

TrustInJanuzaj

:houllier: The boys season 1 was 9/10 for me I could barely finish Witcher it was a complete mess and hard to follow
Really? I do get what you mean about the Witcher being confusing especially if you haven’t played the games/read the books. That will change in season two though as it’s following a linear story now. Also the Witcher was so much better in second viewing too.

The Boys barely registers for me as a show, easy watch but pretty trash I’d say.

TrustInJanuzaj

I’m so hyped for season 2 but I’ll have to do my best to try and stagger it and not just rush through it all. If it’s decent I’ll probably watch it all twice like I did with the first one.

AaronRedDevil

True but waiting weekly is hell. Also the Netflix set up kills any reflection of the show. It won't let you just stew for a minute and take in what happens. Just jumps you right tot the next episode. Even worse when you finish the show or the season and it says "hey let's try this other shit show immediately".