Television The Witcher | Netflix | There are book spoilers here

Andersons Dietician

Those aren't official posters, are they? That guy BossLogic just does a lot of photoshop for TV show subreddits.
Nah they aren’t official. The only reason I know of him is due to Cavill reposting the first image he did of him as Geralt. He seems to be quite popular with famous people as noticed a lot of them liking, reposting or commenting on his stuff.

Saw Cavill posted a photo today about training at Kaer Mohrn. Although looked like it was just a trailer named Kaer.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Out of interest, what was it? The spoiler that is. I didn’t get a bad ending
Regis askswhat happened to Vilgefortz Roggeveen to which Geralt replies, I killed him.

Dont think that particular line is tied to the ending, because the Regis convo happens either way.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Bit of stubble and makeup scars and he's good to go. Have to say, he looks the part

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Geralt was against facial-hair in the books, wasn't he?
It looks weird to me who only lightly touched The Witcher 2 and played The Witcher 3, but it shouldn't be outside of the source-material to have him beardless from what I've read.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Geralt was against facial-hair in the books, wasn't he?
It looks weird to me who only lightly touched The Witcher 2 and played The Witcher 3, but it shouldn't be outside of the source-material to have him beardless from what I've read.
But was he did have such a 'soft' look into he books as well? He's got a too slick/model like /clean look for me.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
But was he did have such a 'soft' look into he books as well? He's got a too slick/model like /clean look for me.
They do need to put some makeup on him, rough him up a bit and make him a bit more rugged, more worn and old. But he's got the build and presence. Geralt is supposed to look inhuman.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Can't say, I haven't read the books myself. Only read a few comments on the topic from people who have. In general what they have said is more or less what Giorno says. The facial-hair is a non-issue to them. :)

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I mean, that look in that video, that's Geralt coming out from Kaer Morhen for the first time

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
You're too hung up on his look from the games
From the books also. He’s more of an athletic sinew figure than heavy built. He has a charm to him, but he’s not ever noted as objectively attractive in the way Cavill is. He’s been *killing monsters* for a good 80 odd years. Still, make-up and lighting could change all of that.

Even so, I don’t think how accurately they capture Geralt or not is going to be the downfall for the show. Plenty of other things. :)

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
From the books also. He’s more of an athletic sinew figure than heavy built. He has a charm to him, but he’s not ever noted as objectively attractive in the way Cavill is. He’s been *killing monsters* for a good 80 odd years. Still, make-up and lighting could change all of that.

Even so, I don’t think how accurately they capture Geralt or not is going to be the downfall for the show. Plenty of other things. :)
I don't think Cavill is too heavy built. I think he has the right presence. Big, but not too built

And yes, he's too pretty, but that's what makeup is for. Geralt *is* supposed to be attractive. Not pretty, but striking nevertheless. Pretty much every woman he meets who isn't terrified of him either remarks on it or wants to get into his pants. Usually both

Last edited:

Andersons Dietician

I mean, that look in that video, that's Geralt coming out from Kaer Morhen for the first time
This is very true, he’s like a brand new pair of super white trainers and he is about to go outside on a rainy day, they’ll/ he’ll get scuffed up soon enough. It also does say make up test on the clapper. Does look a bit like Legalos’s older brother who had a year or two abroad on like a gap year before returning to wherever it is those elves live.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I don't think Cavill is too heavy built. I think he has the right presence. Big, but not too built

And yes, he's too pretty, but that's what makeup is for. Geralt *is* supposed to be attractive. Not pretty, but striking nevertheless. Pretty much every woman he meets who isn't terrified of him either remarks on it or wants to get into his pants. Usually both
I find it odd that from the video games people think Gerald was supposed to some ugly beast.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
This is very true, he’s like a brand new pair of super white trainers and he is about to go outside on a rainy day, they’ll/ he’ll get scuffed up soon enough. It also does say make up test on the clapper. Does look a bit like Legalos’s older brother who had a year or two abroad on like a gap year before returning to wherever it is those elves live.
:lol: I just made that comparison

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
That's just test footage rather than the finished product. I imagine he'll look substantially different again when it's all done.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!

Women is attracted to him not because he has a pretty face, but because of his natural charisma and being a bad ass motherfecker.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Women is attracted to him not because he has a pretty face, but because of his natural charisma and being a bad ass motherfecker.
Yeah, that's why i'm saying he needs makeup. The point is he is supposed to look like someone women will find attractive. Cavill has the right body type and presence for that. Makeup will rough up his face some

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
I find it odd that from the video games people think Gerald was supposed to some ugly beast.
Just folks who first heard about the series with Witcher 3, never went back to the source material/earlier games, & have little to no idea what they're on about :D

Andersons Dietician

I don’t think that is what people are expecting at all, what they are expecting is someone who looks more rough and rugged and not just a pretty boy.
The games are obviously a much older Geralt who has seen some stuff so has more battle scars and so on but that doesn’t mean people expect him to be ugly.

Revan

Assumptionman
Just folks who first heard about the series with Witcher 3, never went back to the source material/earlier games, & have little to no idea what they're on about :D
To be fair, he actually is good looking on the second and third Witcher. But yes, Geralt likely was pretty, he fecked everything which had a hole on it.

Revan

Assumptionman
I don’t think that is what people are expecting at all, what they are expecting is someone who looks more rough and rugged and not just a pretty boy.
The games are obviously a much older Geralt who has seen some stuff so has more battle scars and so on but that doesn’t mean people expect him to be ugly.
The first game is just 6 months after the books (though between the first and last book have passed probably 20+ years *). Anyway, Geralt doesn't age normally, so probably his look doesn't change that much.

* It is hard to put a timeline in the first book, cause it is a collection of short stories, but at least one of those stories happened no more than 10 years or so before the ending of the last book.