Television The Witcher | Netflix | There are book spoilers here

Revan

Assumptionman
Henry Cavill confirmed to play Geralt. Now please get a great Yen.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
If they don't get Eva Green for Yennefer.... :devil::devil::devil:

Ainu

Meh, weird choice for a Geralt if you ask me. Geralt needs to look a bit rough and nasty, I don't get that from this guy at all. Doesn't mean he can't do a good job as him but I'm not seeing it yet. I fully support that Eva Green suggestion as Yennefer. In fact now I've got it in my head I can't imagine anyone else.

Andersons Dietician

If they don't get Eva Green for Yennefer.... :devil::devil::devil:
Ooooft that is the one. Do wonder if they might aim younger tho. I’m going to say Jessica Chastain for Triss then if that’s the ages we are looking at.
Although for some reason I’m drawn to Alicia Vikander as Yennifer and Ana De Armas as Triss, both might be a bit too young for it.

Drifter

American
So clean cut Henry Cavill as Geralt. Just don't see it .

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
As much as I liked him in Mission Impossible 347, Cavill as Geralt? U wot m8?

I'd have gone for the guy playing Ragnar Lothbrok in vikings (googling) Travis Fimmel, that's it.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout

I'd have gone for the guy playing Ragnar Lothbrok in vikings (googling) Travis Fimmel, that's it.
Yeah Fimmel would have been perfect.

But I'm good with Cavill... I think he'll do a decent job, and it gives us a hint of the budget and star power they're getting behind the show.

Also, he'll look great with a white mustache :drool:

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Fimmel was awful in the Warcraft film. Not convinced by him at all, he always looks smug as feck.

Ana de Armas as Triss would be brilliant. She's perfection and has some naughty spunk :drool:

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Fimmel was awful in the Warcraft film. Not convinced by him at all, he always looks smug as feck.

Ana de Armas as Triss would be brilliant. She's perfection and has some naughty spunk :drool:
To be fair to Fimmel that was just a god awful movie to begin with.

No complaints about Ana de Armas here :wenger:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He obviously won't be clean cut in the show will he.
It's not about the facial hair. Caville's facial features are very clean and model-like. Geralt has both a much tougher looking face and voice IMO. On paper it seems a weird casting but let's see.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
I was talking about his whole squeaky clean image . Shame Jason Momoa was not available.
He's a bit of a creep in real life, he aint that squeaky clean.

It's not about the facial hair. Caville's facial features are very clean and model-like. Geralt has both a much tougher looking face and voice IMO. On paper it seems a weird casting but let's see.
I know, what i'm saying is they'll make him rough in the film.

Andersons Dietician

Has anyone seen Sandcastles? He is a more rough rugged character in that with a more dry delivery. Probably a better thing to judge him off. Although remeber he is an actor and just because we haven’t seen him do a certain thing doesn’t mean he can’t. Also make up, you seen some of the miracles or transformation ladies and men can pull of with some highlighter. Think he is actually a pretty good casting.

Still feel like we should start a new thread for this as it was also being discussed in the recommend me a tv show thread.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout

Cast:
Geralt - Henry Cavill

What we know:
- Based on the Novel Series (not the games).
- There will be 8 episodes.
- Alik Sakharov to direct four episodes (director of photography for the pilot and 3 additional episodes of GoT Season 1).
- Release date possibly 2020.​

Andersons Dietician

This is going to be good, I just have that feeling. I hope it’s released all at once and not drip fed like some of the other shows. Netflix production so hopefully one drop for a mega binge watch.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Really hoping for the next GoT, and not. Maybe more like a Peaky Blinders type cool. The fact it's going to be hard R rated makes it seem like they re going to make this as true as possible to the books and also games. I'm sure Henry is looking forward to swearing, killing and sexing his way to a nice paycheck.

Revan

Assumptionman
Are the books good? Will the stories translate well to the screen?
They are very good and extremely mature. I think they can translate well on the screen, but GoT comparisons are a bit off, cause like in games, the story is more like a personal story, the story of an exceptionally good Witcher, Geralt (of Rivia). Saying that there is a lot of grand events, fights, mature politics and a gazillion characters, though the story is exclusively told from the viewpoints of Geralt and Ciri (like in the games).

I really hope that when they run out of book materials, they do a season based on the third game, which is my favourite part of the entire saga.

Revan

Assumptionman
Ooooft that is the one. Do wonder if they might aim younger tho. I’m going to say Jessica Chastain for Triss then if that’s the ages we are looking at.
Although for some reason I’m drawn to Alicia Vikander as Yennifer and Ana De Armas as Triss, both might be a bit too young for it.
Funny enough, I was thinking Chastain as Triss too. Btw, they can go for younger actresses, sorceresses (bar Triss?) look much younger than they are. Yen is like 100 years old but looks like she is on her twenties.

Chloe Grace Moretz as Ciri?

Andersons Dietician

Funny enough, I was thinking Chastain as Triss too. Btw, they can go for younger actresses, sorceresses (bar Triss?) look much younger than they are. Yen is like 100 years old but looks like she is on her twenties.

Chloe Grace Moretz as Ciri?
problem is a lot of these people are bonified A list movie stars so with Cavil on board I doubt there is really that much more scope for big names. Chloe would have the martial art skills and so on you would think from Hitgirl but nah, not for me. Plus depending on what the plan is she’ll be 7-8 when she first shows up in the series and be 16 by the end. So i’d I’d imagine it might be an unknown actress or just someone really young like Milly Bobby Brown. Although if we are going for the older Ciri, Emma Watson or Cara Delvigne maybe.

Last edited:

NYAS

problem is a lot of these people are bonified A list movie stars so with Cavil on board I doubt there is really that much more scope for big names. Chloe would have the martial art skills and so on you would think from Hitgirl but nah, not for me. Plus depending on what the plan is she’ll be 7-8 when she first shows up in the series and be 16 by the end. So i’d I’d imagine it might be an unknown actress or just someone really young like Milly Bobby Brown. Although if we are going for the older Ciri, Emma Watson or Cara Delvigne maybe.
Emma Watson as Ciri is such a fecking incredible thought :drool:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
8 episodes? Seems like a paltry amount to tell Geralt's tale.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Geralt is a good looking guy, he's just all scarred up and got the crazy eyes. Both have highly masculine features.

Always thought Kate Beckinsale was a good shout to play Yennifer :drool:
Beckinsale would be amaze balls.

Oaencha

I’m a massive Witcher fan (books and all) and would rather have had Mads Mikkelsen but Henry Cavill is a smart choice.

He’s a big name which will pull in viewers and attract more funding. He’s actually a pretty decent actor and is in good shape for any action scenes. Most importantly he is a gamer who loves the Witcher franchise and will put his heart into it.

As long as the story and script are up-to scratch I think he’ll scrub up well as Geralt.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Always thought Kate Beckinsale was a good shout to play Yennifer :drool:
I love Kate Beckinsale as much as anyone but she s too much of a distraction if that makes any sense. Kate does have the grace, maturity, intellect and let's face it.. sexuality of Yen's character but I'd like for them to dig up someone relatively unknown. In a way not knowing the actress might go a long way in adding to the mystique surrounding the character.

Andersons Dietician

I was looking at fan polls for who could be cast to fill the remaining rolls and there were some intresting names.

Yennefer

Colby Smulders
Jamie Alexander
Katheryn Winick (could probably do both)
Jennifer Connelly
Eva Green
Kate Bekinsale

Triss

Deborah Ann Wolf
Evan Rachel Wood (could probably do both)
Sylvia Hoeks
Rosmund Pike
Emma Stone

Ciri
depends on age of her in the show

Emma Watson
Cara Delevigne
Chloe Grace Moretz
Nicola Peltz
Sophia Lillis
Poppy Drayton

Anyone think of any other intresting names?

Last edited:

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
I love Kate Beckinsale as much as anyone but she s too much of a distraction if that makes any sense. Kate does have the grace, maturity, intellect and let's face it.. sexuality of Yen's character but I'd like for them to dig up someone relatively unknown. In a way not knowing the actress might go a long way in adding to the mystique surrounding the character.
Yeah actually I agree with that, a younger unknown Beckinsale type actress would be the perfect fit.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
I hope not... They are two awful, awful actresses.

If they've cast Cavill, I can imagine they'll probably go for some relative unknowns for a lot of the other roles... especially as you'd imagine a lot of the budget will go into the production of the show.

Andersons Dietician

I hope not... They are two awful, awful actresses.

If they've cast Cavill, I can imagine they'll probably go for some relative unknowns for a lot of the other roles... especially as you'd imagine a lot of the budget will go into the production of the show.
I though Delevigne was quite good in paper towns but atrocious in Suicide squad and just alright in Valarian. I don’t th9nk i’d Hate seeing he as Ciri. I do think they’ll go with regular unknowns or just like your sort of semi movie star/tv star type people.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
I though Delevigne was quite good in paper towns but atrocious in Suicide squad and just alright in Valarian. I don’t th9nk i’d Hate seeing he as Ciri. I do think they’ll go with regular unknowns or just like your sort of semi movie star/tv star type people.
I've not seen Paper Towns, but yeah - she's dreadful in the other two.