Gaming The Yakuza Series

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
So I got into the Yakuza series a few month's starting with Yakuza 0 having no idea what to expect. I found the cutscenes a bit too long and frequent but ended up surprised about how good the story was and the humour at the times. Since then I have played through Yakuza Kiwami 1 & 2, and Yakuza 3,4 and 5 remastered and now starting with Yakuza 6. I have to say, I thought kiwami 1 and 2 were excellent as well although I sometimes found it hard to follow the story. I found both 3 & 5 pretty bad tbh compared to the rest, and unless you simply love Yakuza games I don't really think you are missing out if you don't play the 3, 4 and 5 remastered editions. I still found Majimma who you can play as in 0 as the best character in the series.

Leg-End

It's a great series, I think the story's actually gone backwards until 0 which was excellent but I didn't love 6 as much as I thought I would. The gameplay has improved with each game though so its the trade off there.

Yakuza 7 looks bloody ace though, I think it's meant to be out in January worldwide but I'd rather get it on PS5 at that point.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
0 was fecking deadly, then I went and playing Kiwami and found it a bit dull in comparison, it was basically the exact same mechanics with a story that wasn't nearly as good and a less fleshed out world, so I gave up.

evil_geko

I've done something I thought I wouldn't, played Yakuza 0, Kiwami and Kiwami 2 back to back, thought I would get burnt out, but I didn't. 0 is miles ahead of the others though.

I haven't played any other than those. Can't wait to try Yakuza 7, I am looking forward to new slower combat system in that one.