The youngsters

An Extremely Boring Man

Retired 39,9999 not out
For those of you who have followed our youngsters throughout the season, what's your verdict on the following players and how are they coming along?

Spector
McShane
Floribert D'whateverhisnameis
David Jones
Lee Martin
Blake
Rossi

roonaldo78

Rossi and Jones are most likely to gain promotion next season.

Blake was doing well until he got injured, he will probably be in the reserves for atleast one more season.

Spector would have played in our first team if not for heinze since heinze has taken up the left back position and unless SAF sells one of our defenders won't get an opportunity to play in the first team.

Looking Busy

Spector - unfortunate not to get more first team footie this season
McShane - Talented but not sure
Floiribert thingy - Was he the one that's missed that last half of the season with a busted leg
David Jones - Very talented, good box to box midfielder light years ahead of Miller
Lee Martin - Looks a prospect to replace Giggs in time but need a couple of years, and with Giggs' new contract he will have them
Blake - Undecided
Rossi - Should be used in the first team from next season, unlucky in my opinion not to get a chance this year

miah

Spector - Done very well in his CB partnership with Pique, kept quite a fair number of clean sheets but with Fortune, Oshea and Phil neville who can also play LB, not to say heinze, it's hard to see him next season in that position (personally i think he fairs better than anyone of them when he played in that position). I doubt SAF will throw him right into CB with no experiences next season. Bench.

Mcshane - Seen him only a few times and i like what i saw (gungho kind). Doesn't look very tall to me. The problem is we got too many players who can play defender roles so it will be harder for the youth players to break into the first team.

N'Galula - Saw only a few matches with him in. IMO no chance but i know few of you will disagree with me.

David Jones - He'd earned his chances to play in the first team. Box to box, scored some fantastic goals, very good vision and tackles well. Hope to see him next season in the first team playing alongside Keano, it will benefit him a lot. If not, on the bench.

Lee Martin - Look a good prospect and hopefully he can learn alot from Giggs in the next 3 years. He's done very well in the reserves but tends to drift in and out of games.

Blake - i'm not sure.

Rossi - Should get his chances in the league cup together with Jones and Eagles perhaps and some sub appearances against the lesser team in the PL. The first two goals against Charlton just blow you away.

Unless we reduced our squad, i hate to say it will take a longer time for those quality youth players to be promoted.

miah

GroundSide said:
I thought Pique was homesick and was after a move back to spain?
I seriously hope you thought wrong. :nervous:

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
miah said:
I seriously hope you thought wrong. :nervous:
yeah, he won't leave now nor in the near future. but he has stated that he wants to play for barca at some point, and i've got a nasty feeling it'll happen pretty soon once he breaks into our first team. kinda makes me not too excited about him, even though he's very talented indeed

mojo

Spector: Don't think he's got much more development to do in the reserves tbh. Needs experience thru' first team games, either at OT or at another PL club. Shame he didn't go Blackburn as this would've helped him.

McShane: Combative player, got a bit of fire in him which is nice to see. Not sure if he'll make it as he faces stiff competition from both Spector and Pique.

Floribert N'galula: tidy and good in possession, wins and uses the ball well. I'd like to see him put himself about more; one or two thunderous tackles to show the oppo he means to boss the midfield would be useful (i.e. needs to impose himself on the game more).

David Jones: very impressive. Good passer and can finish as well. I'm surprised he didn't get some chances in the first team to be honest. I'd rather see him get a couple of games than some I could name. Needs beefing up.

Lee Martin: very impressed with him as well. Made the move from the academy has looked good for the reserves. Great pace and he loves to take defenders on. Felt that sometimes his delivery let hime down, usually becuase he held on to the ball a tad too long.

Blake: Got better and better as the season wore on and developed a great understanding with Rossi. Very strong for someone his age. Will he make given what's in the first team? Don't know but he deserves a few more chances next season.

Rossi: What can I say? He's a class act no doubt. Has got it all; terrific shot, eye for goal, great header of the ball for a small guy, great touch and his vision and awareness of what's around him is excellent. Remind you of anyone? Not sure how much more he can learn in the reserves. Like one or two others he needs first team football. Loan next season?

MPTutd

I would expect that Spector, Jones and Rossi will all get loans to PL clubs next season.

miah

Elliott said:
yeah, he won't leave now nor in the near future. but he has stated that he wants to play for barca at some point, and i've got a nasty feeling it'll happen pretty soon once he breaks into our first team. kinda makes me not too excited about him, even though he's very talented indeed
He's very talented indeed! I would hate to see him leave but i won't be surprise if after breaking into the first team (Another two years probably), play a few years and 'making a name for himself', he will leave for barca or spain. Same as Rossi, i'm sure he would loves to play for AC Milan one day.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Rossi is more american than italian. So i'm sure he's well pleased to stay at the biggest american club in the world

Plechazunga

Grammar partisan who sleeps with a real life Ryan
Where Albert Stubbins scored a diving header
Spector - not seen that much of him, looks the business though
McShane - very encouraging latter half of the season after a poor start. He's nails...a Red.
Floribert N'galula - an odd season. Played in defense almost all the time, presumably to improve his tackling/defending, while Miller or Fox played alongside Jones in the middle.
David Jones - consistently superb. Seemed to score in almost every game I saw him, lovely touch, intelligent passing. Still lightweight, but must surely either get a few runs out with the first team or go on loan next season.
Lee Martin - can't see what the fuss is about personally, but maybe I've just missed his best performances.
Blake - was terrific before his injury, really promising
Rossi - he's been brilliant. Still probably too small and lightweight for the Prem, but then look at Fabregas

mojo

miah said:
Same as Rossi, i'm sure he would loves to play for AC Milan one day.
Maybe he'd love to play for United even more?

Roussi-Piqué

If Rio leaves... Piqué and Spector to the first team!!
Piqué is a greatest central, very sure and serious. I think that he is the natural substitute for Rio Ferdinand. And is one of the best youngster in this position of the world.

Rossi I think that is very been worth for the first team. The best youngster in Manchester.

Dubai_Devil

Plechazunga said:
Spector - not seen that much of him, looks the business though
McShane - very encouraging latter half of the season after a poor start. He's nails...a Red.
Floribert N'galula - an odd season. Played in defense almost all the time, presumably to improve his tackling/defending, while Miller or Fox played alongside Jones in the middle.
David Jones - consistently superb. Seemed to score in almost every game I saw him, lovely touch, intelligent passing. Still lightweight, but must surely either get a few runs out with the first team or go on loan next season.
Lee Martin - can't see what the fuss is about personally, but maybe I've just missed his best performances.
Blake - was terrific before his injury, really promising
Rossi - he's been brilliant. Still probably too small and lightweight for the Prem, but then look at Fabregas
Agree with all this except for the Martin bit. Near the end of the season he made the step up from the U18s to the reserves and played in about the last 10 games of the season. He consistently got better and in his last few games put in some really great performances, especially his hat trick game against Bolton. He is still very raw but has really come on this season and always looks dangerous when he has the ball. He's also two footed so he can switch wings which is a plus.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Roussi-Piqué said:
Rossi I think that is very been worth for the first team. The best youngster in Manchester.
Then how come you spelt his name wrong...?

wancolos

Diarrhetic homosexual- likes to beat Noggies with
MrMarcello said:
Then why did he leave Barcelona in the first place? :houllier:
Because he didn't think that he would get his chance in Barca and that he would in Manchester United.

pbrown

I think Spector goes out on loan if Rio stays, otherwise all bets are off... Pique in the reserves another year along with Jones and Rossi will see playing time in the fisrt team thoughout the year.. IMO