TheCyclingGK - Ben Foster GoPro Series

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
I've got no time for nice footballers.
They are paid to play professional competitve sport. Not make friends. He's always been a clown, and it's no surprise that he does podcasts when the real men are focussing on the next match.
Ah, you're Roy Keane. Hi Roy.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Not his vlog but he was talking about it and also United’s life.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
He must have a team behind him. The editing, music etc works has to take a bit of his time otherwise.

Monkey bus

I've got no time for nice footballers.
They are paid to play professional competitve sport. Not make friends. He's always been a clown, and it's no surprise that he does podcasts when the real men are focussing on the next match.
I’d always thought him a decent guy but why would anybody have the audacity to make friends? Thanks for bringing this up @Snuffkin. I must admit I’ve totally changed my opinion of him. Overpaid waster now in my opinion. Lost touch with the reality. Typical of the modern day footballer. I’m fuming!

Reactions: sizzling sausages

sglowrider

I’d always thought him a decent guy but why would anybody have the audacity to make friends? Thanks for bringing this up @Snuffkin. I must admit I’ve totally changed my opinion of him. Overpaid waster now in my opinion. Lost touch with the reality. Typical of the modern day footballer. I’m fuming!
:lol: :lol:

sglowrider

He mentioned ‘’my editor’’ in that super 6 podcast video I posted above.
Its quite well done. He is a natural. I mean you have full-timers who are just parts.... DT I see you. Yet you have a veteran who is humble, self-deprecating and gives a good insight into the lives of a footballer.

Love the go-pro cam from the goalmouth. Its amazing how much quicker the game looks on the ground! I mean fans can crap-on about how lousy a defender or a goalie is... but look at the speed of how the game is play at the top level...

Snuffkin

Would you like to be his friend and hang out with him maybe you could edit his inane videos?

Castia

Watched every episode since this thread was posted! Loving the behind the scenes stuff and even the cycling is pretty interesting.

Didn’t realise how much I wanted a Tesla till I started watching this

FujiVice

Foster, Rashford and Mata are the three nicest men in football. The fact they can put themselves out there in the media via blogs and vlogs and social media and not expose themselves as dickheads shows how genuine they are. There's nothing behind the curtain they dont want you to see.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Been watching this for ages. not sure what I like about it as all the episodes are essentially the same but it's interesting to see the build up to matches

Acole9

Outstanding
Just saw some clips from a podcast he's done with a couple of lads on YouTube. Comes across as such a nice guy.

FujiVice

Really like Ben Foster. This isnt just some daft experiement either. He's 37 now. Instead of going into punditry, he's essentially creating his own online brand so when he hangs the gloves up he can start interviewing ex-pros, traveling to games and getting all that lovely ad revenue for himself. Good for him.

RashyForPM

Didn't he say he left United because the pressure to win every game was too intense and didn't suit him?
Van der Sar was a bit harsh on him too. https://www.football365.com/news/van-der-sar-aims-dig-at-former-man-utd-team-mate-foster
I think he definitely was a bit unprofessional here. The pressure cooker got to him by him own admission, and that’s fair enough. Only the most confident and even arrogant players, whether they are nice or not, can succeed here.

He always says that VdS is the only one he’s kept in contact with since he left though, so that comment was clearly coming from a mentor’s point of view.

Great guy, Foster. Hope Watford come back up too. Good club with irritating owners (it’s like they prefer 50 managers a season and a complete lack of stability).

padzilla

Hipster
I think he definitely was a bit unprofessional here. The pressure cooker got to him by him own admission, and that’s fair enough. Only the most confident and even arrogant players, whether they are nice or not, can succeed here.

He always says that VdS is the only one he’s kept in contact with since he left though, so that comment was clearly coming from a mentor’s point of view.

Great guy, Foster. Hope Watford come back up too. Good club with irritating owners (it’s like they prefer 50 managers a season and a complete lack of stability).
Yeah to be fair he was probably a kid when he was with us too. The hype around goalkeepers with us, especially up and coming English ones, is insane. He was billed as England's future number one by the media before he had even started a game for us.

RashyForPM

Yeah to be fair he was probably a kid when he was with us too. The hype around goalkeepers with us, especially up and coming English ones, is insane. He was billed as England's future number one by the media before he had even started a game for us.
I remember that. Foster himself has said that Dean is mentally stronger than him, so I’ll take his word for that.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
So I randomly came across this today and I am binge watching. Highly recommended!

The video from the Manchester United - Watford cup match.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
This guy is so irritating. Quite the transition to clickbait Youtube videos with cringeworthy content creators.

CallyRed

This guy is great. Quite the transition to make some fun Youtube videos with adequate content creators.

Acole9

Outstanding
I reckon he had no choice but to retire, can't imagine any clubs would touch him with his vlogging. Especially after the problems Watford had.

He seems like a decent bloke though and his videos are entertaining.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I reckon he had no choice but to retire, can't imagine any clubs would touch him with his vlogging. Especially after the problems Watford had.

Apparently Newcastle offered him a deal but he didn’t want to move. Sounds like a team closer to home didn’t offer him a deal so he retired.

Skills

Snitch

What problems did he have at Watford?

Nick7

Interesting listen. Newcastle wanted him and he quoted a high wage, eventually they creeped up to it but at the end of the day he didn’t want to move away from his family.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
The GoPro in goal could be back as Fozzy's signed for Wrexham for the rest of the season.