Theme Music at Old Trafford Pre-Game

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
I think it's Stone Roses - This is the One.

How long until we change it? It's utter wank (Sorry to any fans). It doesn't stimulate anything, it's just weird to listen to as the players walk out.

Feed Me

I'm hungry

How long until we change it? It's utter wank (Sorry to any fans). It doesn't stimulate anything, it's just weird to listen to as the players walk out.
It’s a great song!

I had a string quartet play it as my wife walked down the aisle for our wedding.

Jacko21

Oh contraire!

I love it. But it's more nostalgia than anything. I love those final few minutes before the players emerge - because no matter how often I've been to OT, I never feel to appreciate the history of the place.

Acole9

Outstanding
Nothing wrong with that song. Spurs walk out to Star Wars music for feck sake, utter cringe.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It's a great song, has meaning for the area of Manchester, and even the words "This is the one", brew up an atmosphere of a big game

Hubal

It used to be the trumpet theme from Rocky, can't remember the name but I loved it

Canagel

I liked the old one better. Does anyone know what it's called? It shouldn't have been changed.

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
Fantastic song, funnily enough I was singing it to myself in the Arndale Wilko's today.

The Stone Roses only have a handful of great songs but when they're good, they're bloody brilliant.

evil_geko

I like the song but don't like it as entrance song that much tbh. I love the St. Pauli's Hell's Bells entrance on the other hand for example.

Hubal

I liked the old one better. Does anyone know what it's called? It shouldn't have been changed.
Fanfare for Rocky by Bill Conti. That's champions' sound, intimidating too. Would be great to have it back

Hayton

Jesus. It’s an absolute great song.

Peanut Butter

Terrible post. You're not from Manchester, are you?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
feck me, of all the songs you could moan about.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Love the song but don't thinkit helps build any atmosphere.
You want a sing that gets the blood pumping.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Okay, forgive me for my harsh words in the OP to those offended, but I stand by my point, it doesn't stimulate anyone pre-game. I seriously think it needs to be changed.

SirAF

Ageist
Okay, forgive me for my harsh words in the OP to those offended, but I stand by my point, it doesn't stimulate anyone pre-game. I seriously think it needs to be changed.
I agree, the Rocky Theme was better.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Rocky theme never should have been changed. It was perfect.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
We still played Stone Roses as well. Rocky theme was never in place of, it was as well as.
Stone Roses was in the build up though, somewhere around the start of the setlist. Fanfare was always as the players walked out.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Stone Roses was in the build up though, somewhere around the start of the setlist. Fanfare was always as the players walked out.
It was played when the players were in the tunnel just before the rocky them iirc. It was played long before they introduced rocky, so probably decided to drop rocky and go with this is the one to save clustering up the players walk out music too much.

ZupZup

There’s actually another piece of music that is played after ‘This is the One’ as the players are lining up and shaking hands etc... not sure what it is called though.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Considering how important music and football have been in forging our identity, the pre-match music really should be by a Mancunian band. And This Is The One is pretty perfect.

Unless we choose something more in keeping with the current mood, something that's Bleak Manc, like 'we hate it when our friends become successful' or a rewording of 'she's lost control' about Lukaku's first touch.

"Confusion in his eyes says it all...he's lost the ball again..."

BarstoolProphet

I love that song. Never get tired of hearing it. Dislike GGMU at half time and after the final whistle.

Utdstar01

The Rocky Theme was good, they probably dropped it when Moyes turned us to a pile of shit and felt embarrassed of us coming out to that while we were getting trounced left, right and centre by any half decent team :lol:

Does anybody know when exactly we stopped playing it?

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
feck off. This is the one is utter wank? feck off