Theme Music at Old Trafford Pre-Game

Revaulx

Love the song but don't thinkit helps build any atmosphere.
You want a sing that gets the blood pumping.
We have that as well. I’m Into Something Good by Urmston’s Very Own Herman’s Hermits. If that doesn’t get the blood pumping...:smirk:

Minimalist

Always thought GGMU should just be a cheesy song played (amongst the others) when United are receiving a trophy or something along those lines.

As others point out, it's beyond cringeworthy when it's played after a shite half/match/result.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
When I'm at OT and it comes on, it gets me right up for the game.

I'm sure I'm not the only one

Canagel

The club should do goal music at OT. And also the player announcer thing should be done by the crowd. Like the big clubs in Europe do.

Hubal

The club should do goal music at OT.
If we did personalized goal tunes (like in the Dutch league, some players have their own tunes for their goals) I bet Lingard would choose a Drake song :nervous:

extincti fugax hominum

I don’t like it either. So you aren’t alone.
You and I will fight the Caf together on our own brother!

Count me in. It's a very good a song but too melodramatic imo. Not suitable to walking out and doesn't help to build any atmosphere at all. We need a more agressive one. Narayan from The Prodigy would be great.

City's is great. Fatboy slim.
I like it too. I think Arsenal use it as well.
I think so too. Great one to get in a confident mood i think.

Suedesi

I'm sorry guys, but it must be said;
Chelsea have the most joyous and fun Stadium intro music of all time.

Though picturing this as the soundtrack to that Chelsea team's off-field shenanigans involving John Terry is probably a bridge too far
This is bloody awful. Sounds like ant music

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
The long guitar intro from Love Spreads.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
we should put the godfather song whenever Chelsea play against us. If we time it well, we'll start exactly when Conte comes out.

Valencia's Left Foot

Supports
Austin FC, USMNT, Three Lions
I'm sorry guys, but it must be said;
Chelsea have the most joyous and fun Stadium intro music of all time.

r
I love Chelsea's intro, especially when their fans get going for a game against us, loud as hell.

Last edited by a moderator:

Valencia's Left Foot

Supports
Austin FC, USMNT, Three Lions
They should come out to Step On by Happy Mondays, Blue Monday by New Order or Movin' On Up by M People
Yes, the beginning of Blue Monday would be fantastic to come out to and a great clean lyric-free beat that would allow a chant to be mixed in from the fans.

Oscie

Goal music is an abomination and should be outlawed and anyone who proposes otherwise smited.

worldinmotion66

I have to say, Stone Roses are incredible and it's apt that the entrance music at Old Trafford is a song of theirs. But, if I could choose one myself, it'd be this:

Best mate and I used to listen to this before playing and it got us right up for it.

Wilt

Has to be.... AC/DC 'Thunderstruck' :devil:

Guaranteed to get everyone moving, including the supporters.

Last edited:

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Chemical Brothers - Galvanize makes me want to go and climb a mountain. Give that a try.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I went to Gary Nevilles testimonial mostly just to see Ian Brown sing this live!

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I'm not a Stones fan, but I do like that particular song quite a bit, though at the same time, I find the introduction to it a little too sparse for it to have the desired effect.

When I've been at games, fans have just sung chants over it anyway and it becomes a bit pointless. I don't think it really adds to the atmosphere as it seems to be widely ignored.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
I quite like it. Don't think it should be changed.

If they ever change it, wouldn't mind something like The Ecstacy of Gold, Ennio Morricone.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
I love This is the One and think it's a great song to walk out to, but I do agree that it's largely ignored and the fans chant over it, especially in big games when the atmosphere is hopping.

I'd love to see a modern version of the United Calypso done that the whole crowd would sing with just before kick off.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
The Rocky tune or This Is The One are fine as far as the music goes. In seasons gone by there'd be a roar from the fans as soon as they finish which was good, but that excitement isn't there in 90% of the games now it seems.

The club should just alternate between the two. In the big games have no music and let us make some noise.

dmode

Oh contraire!

I love it. But it's more nostalgia than anything. I love those final few minutes before the players emerge - because no matter how often I've been to OT, I never feel to appreciate the history of the place.
Au contraire.

beedoubleyou

Stick with This is The One. Great tune, relevant lyrics and sung from the mouth of a United fan.

Rocky fanfare is daft. It's from a daft film and has nothing to do with United, Manchester or football. It's equally as odd as Spurs coming out to Duel of The Fates. Was Darth Maul one of The Spurs Gang? Come on.

The most cringe moment I've witnessed at Old Trafford was a technical hitch-laden live performance of United Road, I think it was before The Scousers beat us 1-4. A terrible rendition by a pub-level singer doing a buttock-clenchingly-embarrassing American accent.

Chipper

Adulterer.
No need to change a good thing imo.

Has to be.... AC/DC 'Thunderstruck' :devil:

Guaranteed to get everyone moving, including the supporters.
AC/DC have loads that could be used at sporting events. I remember thinking this was decent:

ROFLUTION

Some clubs sing this and I think it's class...

Cringed a bit there :nervous: You can just imagine 130-kilo fans singing their hearts out

Just play the theme to "The good, the bad and the ugly"

Its called "The ecstacy of gold" which is quite fitting. A true masterpiece