There’s a feeling of inevitability about Ole losing his job

RollieOle

Are those two are the only top coaches in the world?
No mate, not on the same level as Ole tbf. The man has shown consistently in big games he is tactically better than most coaches. See games against City last year and tonights absolute tactical masterclass.

Gasolin

He showed no respect to PSG at all, I expect better from a Manager of Manchester United.

I WAS JOKING MATE, IT WAS FUNNY MY END, APOLOGIES.
Good because I want us to beat Chelsea, Leipzig and Arsenal before doing anything :D

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Jesus!!

The Grass is greener boys versus the Pragmatists.

Why cant we just let this talk about Ole being sacked rest for once especially after a good night? It gets bad enough after a loss. But even with a good win?

Fecking ridiculous. I am getting the feeling that Ole represents more of some projection in your lives and the reason for all your problems rather than any reality.

Last edited:

hungrywing

Jesus!!

The Grass is greener boys versus the Pragmatists.

Why cant we just let this talk about Ole being sacked for once especially after a good night? It gets bad enough after a loss. But even with a good win?

Fecking ridiculous. I am getting the feeling that Ole represents more of some projection in your lives and the reason for all your problems rather than any reality.
Technically he totally will be losing the job in about twenty to thirty years.

Web of Bissaka

The more he make this ballsy yet right decisions, the more he won himself more time maintain being the manager.

I don't even mind if we lost the last two games, PSG and Newcastle(?), considering his decisions making are spot-on. Thankfully we won.

Now he just need to get a new good coach(-es) to cover up what Ole and the coaches are lacking. It's still obvious to see despite the winnings.

The United

The more he make this ballsy yet right decisions, the more he won himself more time maintain being the manager.

I don't even mind if we lost the last two games, PSG and Newcastle(?), considering his decisions making are spot-on. Thankfully we won.

Now he just need to get a new good coach(-es) to cover up what Ole and the coaches are lacking. It's still obvious to see despite the winnings.
I am curious. What are those?

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

Yeap. Take a page out of Fergie's playbook.

Luke1995

Do you not think these two guys could be biggest part of the problem with the teams performances? Totally unexperienced and without question given roles beyond proven capabilities.
I was thinking about the finances. The money spent on a big name manager could be saved for more transfers.

Luke1995

Carrick as a manager? That will be an absolute disaster. I will actually prefer to keep Ole if that's the case.
Plenty of former players have gone into management without previous experience. Look at Andrea Pirlo right now... or the Lampard/Gerrard cases.

el3mel

Plenty of former players have gone into management without previous experience. Look at Andrea Pirlo right now... or the Lampard/Gerrard cases.
Carrick looks very uninspiring on the touchline now for us to say the least. Can't think of a more uninspiring choice to manage us at the moment. If that's the case keep Ole, at least he can motivate the players or something.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Would love to know what you can see that us plebs cant.

Red00012

His decision making would probably be wrong if we lost to Newcastle and PSG pal :lol: :lol:

MyBloodIsRed

Before I start Ole was my favorite player growing up. Now that’s out if the way... I love that it appears the team is backing the manger and playing for him. Hell SAF’s teams crapped the bed and got battered. But as long as it’s an anomaly and there’s a response (Newcastle and Paris) then let’s get behind him.

Ole has brought back the joy and passion to the club I love. I’m willing to give him support as long as we see progress and keep beating big sides... especially on those European nights!

Luke1995

Carrick looks very uninspiring on the touchline now for us to say the least. Can't think of a more uninspiring choice to manage us at the moment. If that's the case keep Ole, at least he can motivate the players or something.
Carrick played alongside plenty of players from the current squad though. Maybe that could work because they already know what he's like.

Red_toad

Would love to know what you can see that us plebs cant.
He‘s saying we need to improve the coaching staff, pretty obvious and valid point of view. Sir Alex had no issues with chopping and changing his staff when required.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
He‘s saying we need to improve the coaching staff, pretty obvious and valid point of view. Sir Alex had no issues with chopping and changing his staff when required.
Oh, Well on that I also massively agree.
Im not sure why the club is so fixated on relatively newbie senior coaches in Carrick and McKenna.
Who is the equivalent of Quierez or Meulesteen nowadays?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I think this is his final season, not a knee jerk reaction to any one game but it feels like only a PL or UCL trophy keeps him in a job

PoTMS

It's just a matter of when.

When we start dropping out of all competitions.
When United fans regain their pride.
When the Glazers start losing money.

croadyman

I think this is his final season, not a knee jerk reaction to any one game but it feels like only a PL or UCL trophy keeps him in a job
Not winning the champions league dsspite how well we are playing in the competition

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He's definitely not making it past this season. Fact is, barring a couple of good group stage CL results, Ole is being kept in the job purely because the race for top 4 in England is of full of poor teams that give everybody hope that they can make it. If a couple actually do well this year, he'll be gone pretty soon.

He's just not good enough. Can't see him last long (but will last longer than he should).

treble_winner

Not winning the champions league dsspite how well we are playing in the competition
Who knows. In a tournament, anything can happen.
At least Ole hasn't pissed off the fans like Moyes. Moyes reached the point of people wanting him out even if he fluked the Champions League that year.

croadyman

Who knows. In a tournament, anything can happen.
At least Ole hasn't pissed off the fans like Moyes. Moyes reached the point of people wanting him out even if he fluked the Champions League that year.
You won't want to hear this but he is really pissing me off in the league games and doesn't get a pass due to the european form either

jamesjimmybyrondean

I don't think he's going to be sacked soon. There's too much sentimentality around him. It would take at least 3 bad results in our next games before Ed decides to pull the plug.

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
We'll beat Everton somehow and Ole will survive another month.

Judas

Open to offers
Tonight will have caused some conversations, CL form has simply carried him this season, and tonight the usual faults were there to all to see. The timing of the international break, who knows.

I'd be surprised to see him sacked this month, but I wouldn't rule it out on our current form.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Without those 2 superb champions league results, the pressure would have been ramped up to boiling point already.

Worst premier league start ever? 1 point from FOUR home games, without even playing the best two at home?

Van Beek looks a very bizarre signing, Pogba looks to have totally stopped doing anything positive. Maguire is struggling badly for form, and with Lindelof they look a slow combo. Tuanzebe is championed as a starter, yet can either not stay fit for more than 4 games, and either looks really good, or woeful like tonight.

The centre mid combo seems impossible to get right. You have a couple of average players with superb work rate, a superb talent with no work rate, and Bruno who has the right spirit, and scores a lot, mostly pens, but gives a heck of a lot of the ball away.

No proper right winger, for the about the 10th season in a row, and it all looks an absolute mess.

See you saturday.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
#OleIn is trending & it’s not United fans tweeting it. If fans of your rivals are desperate for your manager to stay it’s a sign he’s not the right man, the same way we wanted Liverpool to keep Hodgson & Dalglish.

Remember how they celebrated when Fergie retired. It says it all.

Ollie Derbyshire

#OleIn is trending & it’s not United fans tweeting it. If fans of your rivals are desperate for your manager to stay it’s a sign he’s not the right man, the same way we wanted Liverpool to keep Hodgson & Dalglish.

Remember how they celebrated when Fergie retired. It says it all.
Absolutely, time to get rid, he’s had long enough now and it’s just getting worse.