There’s a feeling of inevitability about Ole losing his job

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Anyone else getting this? I feel like he’s doomed this season, I felt eerily similar during the summer of 2018 with Jose. It just feels like the players, the board, the media & even a large section of the fans have given up on him. We saw something identical with Jose, he got us a good league finish, didn’t get the players he wanted, sacked by Christmas. This whole pre season & subsequent start has dejavu written all over it.

Last edited:

micmac

Unless we play some super football over the next 5 games I think the writing is on the wall for Ole. As soon as the Poch rumors started ramping up again I felt like that was the end.

PeteManic

No. He is the perfect face of a brand. A person tied into the myth and history of the club. And someone who is happy being "helped" by Fergie.

As long as the club stay top 4 and there are no major incidents, he will be there as long as he wants to be.

monosierra

Yeah, I feel the same way too. The failure to strengthen the squad to the manager's specifications (From what we can tell at least), the leaks of squad disgruntlement, whispers of loss of confidence, terrible performances - we've seen this before. Cycle after cycle til the rot within the organization is cleansed. Its not just one issue - a new manager, a new star player, new tactics etc - but a wholesale dysfunction starting from the top honcho's failure to build a footballing organization. Hiring the right people, buying the right players, negotiating the right contracts, building the right squad profile, employing the right tactics - none of which can deliver without the other pieces in sync. The one big thing we have is money and even that is being threatened by Covid.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
It feels a lot like October/November did when Jose got sacked, with the negativity surrounding the club. I'd still be very surprised if Ole was sacked before Christmas though. I think he'll see out the season, with the usual bare minimum of top 4 being the deciding factor of whether or not he's axed.

I don't really think all that much of it is Ole's fault, but he's the cheapest and most dispensable cog in the machine to kick out and replace, if he is sacked.

I'd rather see us have a totally shit season under Ole knowing there was changes happening at the top with where Woody sits and the currently invisible technical structure. I don't think sacking Ole changes a whole lot. It would just put a plaster over a wound that needs stitches.

monosierra

No. He is the perfect face of a brand. A person tied into the myth and history of the club. And someone who is happy being "helped" by Fergie.

As long as the club stay top 4 and there are no major incidents, he will be there as long as he wants to be.
I'd be very miffed if they ditch OGS for Giggs as a quick fix. Giggs brings the same "soft" qualities but even less coaching credentials.

Skills

Snitch
It feels a lot like October/November did when Jose got sacked, with the negativity surrounding the club. I'd still be very surprised if Ole was sacked before Christmas though. I think he'll see out the season, with the usual bare minimum of top 4 being the deciding factor of whether or not he's axed.
This.

hobbers

Put it this way, with how we've started the season, and going into an international break with everyones' heads down and no cohesion in the squad...

We're about to play Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton, PSG and Leipzig in a short space of time. One win from those five games would be close to a miracle with how we've looked so far this season.

If we don't beat Newcastle it's basically over. To have a chance of seeing Christmas Ole will have to oversee a demolition of Newcastle and then find a way to eek out some points from Arsenal, Chelsea and Everton. Even scrappy draws.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Nah, he'll only get sacked when 4th place is mathematically impossible. He won't create all the toxicity that Jose did, nor will he resign, IMO.

It's just the usual case of a terrible run of form, mixed with an international break and some sensationalist headlines. Vultures are smelling blood and the only thing that'll stop the rot (both in terms of performance, morale and media) is to go on a good run of form.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
yeah feels inevitable. Much bigger issues at the club, but he'll take the fall.
Yes there are much bigger issues at the club, but were he to be sacked it will be because he's not good enough to manage the team. I would be surprised if they sacked him though, because it will lay bare how utterly incompetent they are at managing this club and he has done nothing but speak highly of them, so he's very useful that way.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Yeah, I feel the same way too. The failure to strengthen the squad to the manager's specifications (From what we can tell at least), the leaks of squad disgruntlement, whispers of loss of confidence, terrible performances - we've seen this before. Cycle after cycle til the rot within the organization is cleansed. Its not just one issue - a new manager, a new star player, new tactics etc - but a wholesale dysfunction starting from the top honcho's failure to build a footballing organization. Hiring the right people, buying the right players, negotiating the right contracts, building the right squad profile, employing the right tactics - none of which can deliver without the other pieces in sync. The one big thing we have is money and even that is being threatened by Covid.
The public links to Poch too, which the club have nothing to dispel. Just feels like Ole is “out back” & Woodward has his finger on the trigger, and is just waiting to pull.

Judas

Open to offers
It would an impressive miracle for him to be in the job by the end of the season, he's without a doubt earned it if he's still in charge. But he won't be, it just looks like its simply a matter of time at this point.

Smores

It's just us catching up to the fact that managers come and go. Most appointments don't last and even with good managers things can need changing every now and again.

Not every managers needs to build a legacy like Sir Alex.

youmeletsfly

For me it's the sooner the better.

People will always come up with the argument "yes but we have bigger issues at the club, like Ed, the Glazers, no structure etc".

What most of us don't get is that a pussy like Ole will never ever force the club into change, never. And let's be honest, unless a new owner comes in, one that pumps his own money in, the structure will remain as it is.

Our only chance of getting back to the top is a top notch manager with a more "elegant" aproach towards our top management and one who can actually coach players and deliver results.

Chief123

Anyone else getting this? I feel like he’s doomed this season, I felt eerily similar during the summer of 2018 with Jose. It just feels like the players, the board, the media & even a large section of the fans have given up on him. We saw something identical with Jose, he got us a good league finish, didn’t get the players he wanted, sacked by Christmas. This whole pre season & subsequent start has dejavu written all over it.
Yep. Only a matter of time. Even if he gets through next 7 games with 7 wins, it’s just kicking the fan down the road. A lot of reported leaks that players in dressing room don’t think he’s strong enough character to be manager. If it is true, then it’s always the manager that gets ditched and not the players.

monosierra

The public links to Poch too, which the club have nothing to dispel. Just feels like Ole is “out back” & Woodward has his finger on the trigger, and is just waiting to pull.
If it is indeed the higher ups within the club that is leaking news of Poch or at least encouraging it - it is as toxic as it gets. There is no trust within this organization if the bosses are undermining employees through the press.

Skills

Snitch
It would an impressive miracle for him to be in the job by the end of the season, he's without a doubt earned it if he's still in charge. But he won't be, it just looks like its simply a matter of time at this point.
I think he'll get the season. You have to Mourinho level of toxic to be sacked before you're mathematically outside of the top 4.

And Mourinho was gunning for the sacking and pay off.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Is it nearly time for another cultural reset

Okey

It's a results business. The Poch rumours have only given the hint the board are ready to act if need be, with the bad start we've made. Over the next 2 months, it'll be obvious if that need is there or not. Which I think is fair enough.

RkkMan

Nah, he'll only get sacked when 4th place is mathematically impossible. He won't create all the toxicity that Jose did, nor will he resign, IMO.

It's just the usual case of a terrible run of form, mixed with an international break and some sensationalist headlines. Vultures are smelling blood and the only thing that'll stop the rot (both in terms of performance, morale and media) is to go on a good run of form.

I don't really think all that much of it is Ole's fault, but he's the cheapest and most dispensable cog in the machine to kick out and replace, if he is sacked.

I'd rather see us have a totally shit season under Ole knowing there was changes happening at the top with where Woody sits and the currently invisible technical structure. I don't think sacking Ole changes a whole lot. It would just put a plaster over a wound that needs stitches.
In a period where we`re losing money and the CL revenue is more important than ever I doubt we`ll wait until that financial loss hits us before we sack Ole knowing a new guy could salvage top 4 for us and the financial benefits. Plus Woodward has a hard on for Poch doubt he`ll miss the chance to get him in now knowing he may get other offers post January like City with Pep`s contract almost up

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Which target of Ole did he not get? Jadon Sancho? Failing to get your 120 million target is no excuse for playing like shit and barely beating brighton.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Which target of Ole did he not get? Jadon Sancho? Failing to get your 120 million target is no excuse for playing like shit and barely beating brighton.
I’m not excusing his tactics & baffling team selections. Apparently his 3 targets were Sancho, Grealish & Upamecano.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
In a period where we`re losing money and the CL revenue is more important than ever I doubt we`ll wait until that financial loss hits us before we sack Ole knowing a new guy could salvage top 4 for us and the financial benefits. Plus Woodward has a hard on for Poch doubt he`ll miss the chance to get him in now knowing he may get other offers post January like City with Pep`s contract almost up
Yeah, all very valid points indeed. From my perspective, I also hope we "dont act too late" - if it gets to that, as a new manager could salvage something - depending on how bad it gets. But for now, Ole deserves a more time to turn it around. We're only 3 games in anyway.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
I would love it if Poch joins City. But this is not going to happen, City are smarter than that.

binary bot
Because we've been playing the same way with largely the same players for at least 10 matches now. I can see Ole staying if he actually attempted a change, rather than persist with the current setup and hope the referee bails us out every match.

Striker
Rashford Bruno Greenwood
Matic Pogba

You just know we'll see that against Newcastle.

RkkMan

I’m not excusing his tactics & baffling team selections. Apparently his 3 targets were Sancho, Grealish & Upamecano.
Thats over 200m in transfers. There is not a chance in hell any club bar Chelsea with their special circumstance spends that much during a pandemic especially after Ole spent 200m in 2 previous windows.

Viral United

He shouldn't be but can't see him survive this time.
Some very important games coming for him.

OleBoiii

Woody is essentially the middleman between the manager and the Glazers. The problem is that he's on the Glazers' side.

Summer 2019
Ole:
The team is a mess. We probably need as many as 5 solid additions to the starting XI if our goal is to challenge for titles.
Woody: Ok, I'll give you 40% of that. Here are 2 defenders and an unproven Championship winger.
Ole: We have problems in midfield and attack as well, though?
Woody: What was that?
Ole: N.. Nothing! I guess if Pogba can stay injury free we may reach top 4...
Woody: Now that's what I'm talking about!

*Pogba gets injured*
*Total disaster ensues*

January 2020
Woody:
*sigh* Ok, I'll give you 60%! Here's Bruno and a backup striker from the Chinese league. Better hustle now, boy!
Ole: Oh gee! Thanks, Mr. Woodward!

*finishes 3rd after a miraculous comeback*

Summer 2020
Ole:
I did OK, no? Could I maybe get the remaining 40% now? And maybe some bench options but that's not the most imp...
Woody: Sold to the man who looks like Gollum!
Ole: Oh boy, I can't wait! Finally United will have a starting XI that kind of looks like a United team!
Woody: Actually, I'm only giving you 40% of your current request. I figured that translates to some bench options. See you in January! If you still have a job, hehehe.

Last edited:

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
It's just us catching up to the fact that managers come and go. Most appointments don't last and even with good managers things can need changing every now and again.

Not every managers needs to build a legacy like Sir Alex.
Yup. True. Hard to think of any other club with our aspirations that would have stuck with a manager that was producing the results Ole did in the end of his first season/start of second.

Assuming we start this season as badly as we did the last one (which seems likely) there can be no rational reason to not change the manager before the season’s out.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Hopefully we can finally get a progressive manager. Can’t believe it might take us nearly 7 years to figure out that this is the way forward. Biesla praised Pochettino as a top manager and we all seen his ability as one of the top three managers in the world, that knows how to organize a team and play attractive football. Similarly, Nagelsman should be another candidate to consider but he needs to show much more to be considered at the level of Pochettino. Tuchel is another option, who has had it easy at Psg, and might want a challenge in the premier league. These are the only managers that we should consider.

Eitherway, I also think that things aren’t that inevitable. We all agree that this is our best team post sir Alex and their individual brilliance has the capacity to turn things around. The board said they are still supporting Ole and that was shown with spending £75m on transfer last summer. If we had just gotten signing like just Fred and Dalot, then I might see the probability of Ole getting the sack higher.

nokoya

If Ole get sacked, those two Carrick and McKenna should leave too. Under two manager and seems not contribute much.

Gasolin

I for one will support Ole and hope he goes on another 20 wins streak to s*** everyone off. We've done, we can do it again, he has built that team after all.

Viral United

Woody is essentially the middleman between the manager and the Glazers. The problem is that he's on the Glazers' side.

Summer 2019
Ole:
The team is a mess. We probably need as much as 5 solid additions to the starting XI if our goal is to challenge for titles.
Woody: Ok, I'll give you 40% of that. Here are 2 defenders and an unproven Championship winger.
Ole: We have problems in midfield and attack as well, though?
Woody: What was that?
Ole: N.. Nothing! I guess if Pogba can stay injury free we may reach top 4...
Woody: Now that's what I'm talking about!

*Pogba gets injured*
*Total disaster ensues*

January 2020
Woody:
*sigh* Ok, I'll give you 60%! Here's Bruno and a backup striker from the Chinese league. Better hustle now, boy!
Ole: Oh gee! Thanks, Mr. Woodward!

*finishes 3rd after a miraculous comeback*

Summer 2020
Ole:
I did OK, no? Could I maybe get the remaining 40% now? And maybe some bench options but that's not the most imp...
Woody: Sold to the man who looks like Gollum!
Ole: Oh boy, I can't wait! Finally United will have a starting XI that kind of looks like a United team!
Woody: Actually, I'm only giving you 40% of your current request. I figured that translates to some bench options. See you January! If you still have a job, hehehe.
:lol::lol:

hubbuh

More depressing for me is that I hold out absolutely no faith that we’ll get the next setup right. I’m finding it incredibly hard to believe that simply getting Poch in will suddenly stop the rot. Our issues run a lot deeper and are more systemic than just the manager. It’s a lot harder to change the people at the very top, though.

Cliche Guevara

I hadn’t looked this far ahead at these fixtures until very recently. Clearly they are fairly difficult and do have to be taken as a measure of how far we have come under Ole.

As someone who has wanted to give Ole as much if a chance as possible, if this run goes particularly badly - and let’s face it it could - then I could see justification for concluding he’s not the man to take us where we want to be. Depending on the manner of the results of course.