There is no United Way it’s Fergie’s way

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Op is either a child, a troll, or an ed Woodward type who couldn't tell you the difference between a centre half and centre parks.

StrettyEnder07

92% of United fans(it’s a fact) grew up as Ferguson being manager. There is no United way we where crap before Fergie and I hate people clinging to the United way but it doesn’t exist as we had a World class Manager for years who played a certain way which people think is the United way which is not through, its like Pep at City it’s not the city way it’s how city play under him so please stop thank you.

I’m not against/for ole I want what is best for Man Utd tonight wasn’t anything to complain about we got the job done with kids but the thread about Ole was all about United way it’s doesnt exist
You do realise that United existed before Fergie, "we were crap before him", Busby babes, Best, Charlton etc. late 70s under Tommy Doc, Whiteside and the boys in the early mid 80s.

Do yourself a favour and delete this embarrassing post.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
There's no Barcelona way it's the Cruyff and Pep way.

This is silly. SAF and Busby (can we not forget him?) are part of the fabric of the club. Their way is our way. They represented abs managed the club rather than being out there on their own. So it's United who played that way and did those things. Also, do people really believe one individual did everything? It was a team effort. That's what makes it a club FFS.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
92% of United fans(it’s a fact) grew up as Ferguson being manager. There is no United way we where crap before Fergie and I hate people clinging to the United way but it doesn’t exist as we had a World class Manager for years who played a certain way which people think is the United way which is not through, its like Pep at City it’s not the city way it’s how city play under him so please stop thank you.

I’m not against/for ole I want what is best for Man Utd tonight wasn’t anything to complain about we got the job done with kids but the thread about Ole was all about United way it’s doesnt exist
:lol:

SaintMuppet

Sir Matt gave blood for this club LITERALLY and set the club on its trajectory. This club would be far far lesser without him. It’s true that things got a bit messy between him and Fergie but no team can stay at the top forever.

What I would give for either of them over the last few years.

finneh

"There is no United way, there's a SMB and SAF way", would be a fair thread.

The problem is their tenure spanned nearly 55 years which in football terms is far more time than could ever be required to deem something "a way".

If this period of time weren't enough to define a style, club and a philosophy; then no clue can process to have an ethos.

hobbers

Wum thread or not, to be fair "the United way" has always been an empty cliche.

"We don't sack our managers, it's not the United way" etc etc. Bollocks. We only don't sack our managers when they win relentlessly.

Son

Our club is built from the Munich aircrash and our glory in 68. That’s the best backstory in the history of football period.

We may never be Real Madrid or Barcelona when it comes to glory or winning titles but our story is better than either with more heart and fight than either. Less corruption and politics than either too. Same goes for Juve, AC Milan and Bayern.

We are the fairytale club and Fergie especially in 99 added to our mystique. We may never have been the best of the best in world football on the pitch but we will always be viewed as the greatest club by a selection of supporters.

We had some pretty lame / mediocre years between Busby and Fergie imo. 2 men essentially built our club. Real Madrid just throw money at everything since the 50’s it’s hard not to be a success there when Messi isn’t playing for Barcelona