There was something fitting about that

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Fitting would have been 6-5 with a last min winner to be honest. Never a dull moment.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Great game:lol:

Can't believe people were disappointed after that.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
A late winner would've been perfect but a 5-5 game is more fitting than a 1-0 win would've been IMO.

MelvinYeo

I'm only here for the post count
Fergie wanted one last caf meltdown. Typical Fergie

EDIT: Got beaten to it!

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Bringing on Scholes and Giggs to "see games out" when we are 2 or more goals up never fills me with any confidence. We always look vulnerable. But it was such an entertaining game and who really cares that we didn't win it. Hope Lukaku leaves Chelsea.

SER19

have to say i think nothing was fitting about that. this is the only title winning side of fergies that have such a tendancy to be shambolic defensively with such regularity. letting a 3 goal lead slip in the last 9 minutes is not fitting.

Plechazunga

Grammar partisan who sleeps with a real life Ryan
Where Albert Stubbins scored a diving header
have to say i think nothing was fitting about that. this is the only title winning side of fergies that have such a tendancy to be shambolic defensively with such regularity. letting a 3 goal lead slip in the last 9 minutes is not fitting.
Hopefully during the close season you can bring a sense of humour in

;)

Godfather

Really enjoyed the game.

Bit dissapointed by Evans and the best player to have ever walked the planet. They looked lost at the back at times and I don't think they won a single header.

Still we played some lovely combinations. Very pleased with RvP, Hernandez and Kagawa. Also Val looked on fire today.

Büttner isnt United quality, still like the lad somehow.

iguanamanc

Brilliant football, and yet also completely shambolic and hilarious. Could never really relax till the end.

A win might have been sweeter, but this was in its way pure United under Ferguson.
Can't agree more - thoroughly enjoyable and given the situation, far better than a 1-0 win.

DevilRed

Crazy match. Im thinking if we hadn't brought on Scholes we might have won it. But thats sentiment for you from Fergie.

Oh and if Evra was on instead of Buttner we probably would have conceded at least 2 less goals.

Plechazunga

Really enjoyed the game.

Bit dissapointed by Evans and the best player to have ever walked the planet. They looked lost at the back at times and I don't think they won a single header.
I thought Evans was class until he got injured, with the exception of that pass to Buttner that lead to the goal, which was a bit too risky.

SER19

Hopefully during the close season you can bring a sense of humour in

;)
ya i dont mean to be so negative, if we had came back for 5-5 the fitting is apprpriate but that was a frustrating end to 26 fantastic years.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
Don't know how it was fitting exactly, we are United, we win games. Especially when we are 5-2 up. It was exciting I guess, but annoying all the same watching our players defend like idiots.

Seveneric

Maybe I'm missing something. I enjoyed the game, but I'm really not sure how a 5-5 draw from 5-2 is "in its way a pure United under Ferguson" since we're not really known for results like this :confused:

vivaronaldo

Thought it was brilliant to watch, anyone blaming subs and formations should really wake up.....

It was a fitting end to an extraordinary career....

iczster

Lord Sugartits (and worst transfer muppet ever)
Just got out of hawthorns will post pics and vids later. feck me football bloody hell

Plechazunga

Maybe I'm missing something. I enjoyed the game, but I'm really not sure how a 5-5 draw from 5-2 is "in its way a pure United under Ferguson" since we're not really known for results like this :confused:
The inability to win the easy way. Yeah it lacked the somehow winning anyway aspect, but the living dangerously was there.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Ending up finishing on same points as last season.

both seasons was 28 wins and 5 each deafeats and draws. But we scored less and conceded more this year.

Football is funny.

Cina

Ending up finishing on same points as last season.

both seasons was 28 wins and 5 each deafeats and draws. But we scored less and conceded more this year.

Football is funny.
your face is funny.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
I enjoyed it and I laughed, but I couldn't help but be embarrassed for the back 5 in particular.

Sentiment caused the result, so in that respect it was pretty fitting.

Godfather

I thought Evans was class until he got injured, with the exception of that pass to Buttner that lead to the goal, which was a bit too risky.
Nah. As I said a CB should win some headers from time to time and he just isnt good in the air imo. He's a good footballer but still lacks a lot to be justify some of the hype he gets in here. He commits himself too early a lot of the time and still gets pushed around too easily.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Nah. As I said a CB should win some headers from time to time and he just isnt good in the air imo. He's a good footballer but still lacks a lot to be justify some of the hype he gets in here. He commits himself too early a lot of the time and still gets pushed around too easily.
Rubbish, the ineptitude from Lindegaard and Buttner cost us today, Jonny and Phil were getting dragged all over the place and it wasn't because they weren't winning any headers.

Revan

Assumptionman
The best game this season, loved every part of it. Bringing Januzaj in and a win would have been better, but still no complains.

redevil2

Don't be grumpy! People like you always have something to complain about. If we have won 1-0 you would have complained we didn't score more and the players don't play well to send fergie off. You will never be pleased unless we won 5-0. It's a thrilling scoreline and unlike some have opined, it is not a reflection of quality of our team. We will miss fergie starting from today!

Rowem

gently, down the stream
It's Scholes' fault that we conceded a 3 goal lead? Only on the Cafe!

redevil2

It's fitting we didn't play like champions today and the scoreline looks sad. But today game is really not about winning. The lads have been celebrating all week and there are alot of emotions in today's game.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
There was going to be something fitting about any result.