Thiago Alc*ntara | Still exists

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Spot the odd one out: Neil 'Razor' Ruddock, John Fashnu, Thiago 'The Butcher of Merseyside' Alcuntara, Stuart 'Psycho' Pearce, Big Duncan Ferguson.

Trick Question, they are the same
Fashanu carried himself as a gentleman who knew the dark arts well and how to deal with the refs. Ruddock was a nasty pile of shite, Pearce and Dunc were psychos, Thiago a top class player with a nasty streak. Very mixed group IMV.

BlahRules

Becoming a real parody now. That's a blatant yellow.
This belief that he is some elegant player that he won't be dirty or whatever reason referees refuse to give him a yellow card even if another player does the same in the same game. Maybe they are in awe of him?

Remember the geese

Having watched him a bit today and against us in the last two weeks, he seems a bit of a nothing player. Neat and tidy, technically good, but he doesn't appear to hurt teams enough, relative to his level of talent. I guess it's early days for him here though and he may well improve. Also, he is well versed in the dark arts. Fernandinho-like.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Pass of the century. My foot . NBC has been orgasmic about that pass to Origi. He is a great player but he has shown nothing in Liverpool shirt yet. The exaggeration of very simple passes he makes, just a make a case is very boring. Grow up !

Bojan11

Just like the referees make the wrong decision when it comes to Thiago.
So are you comparing yourself to Jon Moss, Mike Dean and Oliver?

Because that is a valid comparison. I know what word I would use to describe them and you fit perfectly with them.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
So are you comparing yourself to Jon Moss, Mike Dean and Oliver?

Because that is a valid comparison. I know what word I would use to describe them and you fit perfectly with them.
I'm probably equally as incompetent at refereeing

Hoof the ball

Suddenly Thiago is this world class player because he's joining Liverpool. News flash. For years at Bayern he was viewed by fans as the player who didn't meet the immense potential he had at Barca.

He's no better than Verratti, who doesn't get even a quarter of the praise Thiago does, whilst at PSG.

Hoof the ball

For those interested in his per 90 mins stats

7 games, 500 or so minutes.
3.1 fouls conceded per game (1.1 more than Fred).
2.4 fouls conceded by attempted tackle. (1.3 for Fred)
0.4 yellow cards (0.3 for Fred).

On average 1 more foul per game than Fred yet Fred's yellow card rating is only marginally better :lol:

kidbob

For those interested in his per 90 mins stats

7 games, 500 or so minutes.
3.1 fouls conceded per game (1.1 more than Fred).
2.4 fouls conceded by attempted tackle. (1.3 for Fred)
0.4 yellow cards (0.3 for Fred).

On average 1 more foul per game than Fred yet Fred's yellow card rating is only marginally better :lol:
Its the types of fouls too. He should have been sent off against us in the cup, likely in the League game too and today gets away with pushing the ball away with his hand while West Ham were on the break. So many obvious yellow card fouls.

Raredaredevil

Should have just stayed at Bayern. He is turning into one of those forgotten uninspiring squad players at Liverpool. Sometimes I forgot he plays for Liverpool.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
He is the dirtiest cnut in the PL at this moment and referees let him get away with everything.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
He is the dirtiest cnut in the PL at this moment and referees let him get away with everything.
It's great isn't it? And this ref-immune bastard is all ours. :drool:

As for his worth to us, not sure if people on here have noticed but we have rather a shit defence. Correction, we would kill for a shit defence right now. We have no defence.

So we need someone to hold the ball, in tight situations, and then make sure the next touch is not a lost pass or we'll be killed on a counter. Gini, Milner and even Jones are not as great on the ball as him. Hendo and Fab would be better but, well, you know where they are right now.

Once our defence has some semblance of normality you will see a different style from Thiago. More of the Bayern/Barca one. Until then, boy does our midfield need the composure he is bringing.