Thiago Alc*ntara | Still exists

Judas

Open to offers
Still say there's a good player there, he's just completely mismatched with that team and tactics. Honestly think he'd look better for us, he picked wrong, and I don't get why Klopp thought he was the right fit.

Maybe his 2nd year will be better for him, but it won't be difficult for him to look better than he has this season.

Irrational.

He’s Liverpool’s equivalent of the dud Schweinsteiger we got from Bayern.

Here‘a a lesson: if Bayern are letting a player go, there’s usually a very good reason. Do not touch with a bargepole.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
He’s Liverpool’s equivalent of the dud Schweinsteiger we got from Bayern.

Here‘a a lesson: if Bayern are letting a player go, there’s usually a very good reason. Do not touch with a bargepole.
How many times do we need to state this? They’ll be palming off Boateng next, then Sule when injuries catch up with him

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
They need a Khedira, but he's a Modric.
He is not Modric. Modric also doesn’t have much goals or assists per game, but he will continually break your defensive line and push the team forward. He is also much more direct player and more aggressive. Think he would suit Klopp far better than Thiago.

You could argue that Thiago with Modric would be great in another system though. The way Kroos and Modric function for example.

Blackwidow

Kimmich, Müller and Thiago made a great midfield last season
Kimmich, Müller and Goretzka made a great midfield last season
even Thiago, Goretzka and Müller made a great midfield last season

In the second part of the season in the Bundesliga because of injuries Bayern played first mainly with Kimmich + Thiago - then with Kimmich + Goretzka

Interestingly the result was about the same both with goals and goals against - the only thing that was the difference was that with Kimmich + Thiago we had a better xG and xG against. And I see that this season, too. I would say that we are better in creating chances and are better in the zones in front of the box with Thiago - and better in executing and the box with Goretzka.

When it is about importance both Thiago and Goretzka last season did not get in the range of Müller and Kimmich. Müller is not just the one delivering goals and assists - but he is the right hand of Flick (often talked about from the coach himself) and commander of pressing, offense and movement, Kimmich is the boss in midfield, a mentality monster with a real great endurance. Just seen with an analyzing of coaches at Sky yesterday how Müller often triggers the movements of others and the passing with his own movements. Goretzka more and more finds his place in combination with the two.

I would love to still have Thiago - and with the many matches we have this season we really would need him as there is match time for them all. There for sure is particular games in which I would prefer Thiago to Goretzka and others in which I would prefer the post-Corona-Goretzka.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Kimmich, Müller and Thiago made a great midfield last season
Kimmich, Müller and Goretzka made a great midfield last season
even Thiago, Goretzka and Müller made a great midfield last season

In the second part of the season in the Bundesliga because of injuries Bayern played first mainly with Kimmich + Thiago - then with Kimmich + Goretzka

Interestingly the result was about the same both with goals and goals against - the only thing that was the difference was that with Kimmich + Thiago we had a better xG and xG against. And I see that this season, too. I would say that we are better in creating chances and are better in the zones in front of the box with Thiago - and better in executing and the box with Goretzka.

When it is about importance both Thiago and Goretzka last season did not get in the range of Müller and Kimmich. Müller is not just the one delivering goals and assists - but he is the right hand of Flick (often talked about from the coach himself) and commander of pressing, offense and movement, Kimmich is the boss in midfield, a mentality monster with a real great endurance. Just seen with an analyzing of coaches at Sky yesterday how Müller often triggers the movements of others and the passing with his own movements. Goretzka more and more finds his place in combination with the two.

I would love to still have Thiago - and with the many matches we have this season we really would need him as there is match time for them all. There for sure is particular games in which I would prefer Thiago to Goretzka and others in which I would prefer the post-Corona-Goretzka.
I agree with all of these. Last season, Lewandowski Muller Kimmich Neuer and Gnabry were untouchable

Thiago Goretzka Alaba Davies were about the same in importance

Zen

Muller played in midfield for Bayern last season, really. If we're honest.
No chance.... but I guess, you can get away with it if we're lumping every midfielder in the same catagory.... but he's not in the 2, and he's not as flexible as KdB in that can do both so effortlessly, but then, very few are... I'm not masively into endless titles for a midfield role, but the difference between an attacking one and a general midfield is too easy to ignore, especially in a heavily single striker(or none) era.

Noot

Supports
Manchester City
No chance.... but I guess, you can get away with it if we're lumping every midfielder in the same catagory.... but he's not in the 2, and he's not as flexible as KdB in that can do both so effortlessly, but then, very few are... I'm not masively into endless titles for a midfield role, but the difference between an attacking one and a general midfield is too easy to ignore, especially in a heavily single striker(or none) era.
Who cares? He played in midfield and that's my point.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Thiago so world class he's been dropped to the beach for Milner... :lol:

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Owen Hargreaves, Hummels, Gotze, Renato Sanches, Douglas Costa, Arturo Vidal, Benatia all say hello. ;)
Wouldn't include him there, he was good last season for Dortmund (though not good this season) and was consistently really good for Bayern. Hummels left because he requested to return to Dortmund, Bayern I think were more eager to sell Boateng that summer.

Blackwidow

Wouldn't include him there, he was good last season for Dortmund (though not good this season) and was consistently really good for Bayern. Hummels left because he requested to return to Dortmund, Bayern I think were more eager to sell Boateng that summer.
Hummels left Dortmund because of Tuchel and Bayern because of Kovac...

Zoo

It’s ridiculous how he continues to get away with it.

Jaxa

Commentators:

Any wolves player tackles Liverpool player "Cynical"

Thiago with his 12th foul of the game "Old school tackle"

FujiVice

The Thiago Alcantara I used to watch was a genuinely a world class player not 10 months ago. This looks like a David Moyes signing for Everton brought in to rough up flare players.

Crustanoid

He’s above being punished. We should be grateful we have his calibre gracing our peasants league. We need to stop complaining about him. He doesn’t mean it

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
He was incredible in 2016-2017 too.

Unless you were counting that as his great season.
2016/17 was a good season not great IMO, I remember him playing very well vs Madrid in Bernabeu. That was just the random good display in an average season

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Dunno but he was rated highly wasn’t he?
Packaged to sell. Like Hargreaves, Schweini. His last season at Bayern, Lewy Neuer Kimmich, Gnabry Muller were considerably better. At best he was the 6th most important in a starting 11, And that is even debatable considering the form of Goretzka, Davies and Alaba

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Packaged to sell. Like Hargreaves, Schweini. His last season at Bayern, Lewy Neuer Kimmich, Gnabry Muller were considerably better. At best he was the 6th most important in a starting 11, And that is even debatable considering the form of Goretzka, Davies and Alaba
@Zehner your boy is being disrespected again.