Thiago Alc*ntara | Still exists

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
I could have done with him continuing to be a shadow of his best form.. i'm petty enough to wish he doesn't surpass or even match his treble with Bayern at another club.

Blood Mage

Pure class, arguably as good as Modric right now. It helps that he's playing in such a well drilled team of course, If he was ours he'd probably look more like Fred at the moment.

Last edited:

padr81

Supports
Man City
For some reason I had Dias down as the one having the better season between him and Laporte. Would you say Laporte has been better?

There are a few players who will miss out but have had very good seasons (Thiago being one of them). Kovacic was having a very good season and Thiago Silva has been very good as well for Chelsea. Matip's been excellent and Robertson is sadly up against Cancelo. I actually think De Gea has been very good as well.

It'll mostly be City and Liverpool players though.
At first I had Dias in but I think him missing the last 6 weeks has seen laporte step up during a big run of games (even if he had a nightmare Tuesday)

Kovacic has been superb but I don't see any one other than thisgo or Silva for 3rd midfield spot. Mario is also a good shout but I don't see 3 pool defenders Vs 1 city.

I think ddg has been great but alisson is easily keeper of the year

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
Were we ever in for him.

And while we're at it who turned down Kroos, Moyes?
Apparently, that summer he went to Liverpool, he wanted us, Ole wanted him, Glazers said no. Apparently.

Real Name

Apparently, that summer he went to Liverpool, he wanted us, Ole wanted him, Glazers said no. Apparently.
All I remember is he signed some United shirt and fans went beserk. I dont remember ever being in for him officially or not officially.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
All I remember is he signed some United shirt and fans went beserk. I dont remember ever being in for him officially or not officially.
It was David De Gea who signed Thiago's hat trick ball at the U21 Euros, something along the lines of "see you in Manchester".

I believe we were in for him in 2013. Both his Dad and Graham Hunter (who was reliable for Barca news at the time, and seemed to be close with Thiago's dad) were adamant a deal was close. Don't know how true it is, but I read it was Giggs who cast doubt over Thiago's quality, and then he went to Bayern. Then I think we went and massively lowballed Barca for Fabregas. Ended up with Fellaini. That was a wild Summer.

Real Name

It was David De Gea who signed Thiago's hat trick ball at the U21 Euros, something along the lines of "see you in Manchester".

I believe we were in for him in 2013. Both his Dad and Graham Hunter (who was reliable for Barca news at the time, and seemed to be close with Thiago's dad) were adamant a deal was close. Don't know how true it is, but I read it was Giggs who cast doubt over Thiago's quality, and then he went to Bayern. Then I think we went and massively lowballed Barca for Fabregas. Ended up with Fellaini. That was a wild Summer.
Ah yes, that was before he joined Bayern. Yeah, it all started back then. To remember all the players we missed on, Kroos, Thiago, Mane...

Scarecrow

Having a week off
There were a lot of stories going around that Moyes wanted him back in 2013 and we had a deal agreed but Giggs didn't think he was a United type of player or some shit like that, so we pulled the plug.

Also, Rio said a couple of days ago that he wanted to come here in 2020.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea

Useless Ed butchered that transfer window. Fabregas ended up leaving for £30 mil, Fellaini went for £27.5 mil.

poleglass red

great example of why you shouldn't write a player of coming in from another league quickly. He didn't hit the ground running for them, team had injuries when he first came, but he still didn't look great. Having a team in such good form helps of course but he looks different class now. I say this hoping that maybe with us Varane is in the same boat. Injuries, poor team, settling in, whatever it is, he hasn't had the impact we thought so.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He did get us Martial, though. Although that's ended up being more of a 0-3 than 1-2. :(

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
great example of why you shouldn't write a player of coming in from another league quickly. He didn't hit the ground running for them, team had injuries when he first came, but he still didn't look great. Having a team in such good form helps of course but he looks different class now. I say this hoping that maybe with us Varane is in the same boat. Injuries, poor team, settling in, whatever it is, he hasn't had the impact we thought so.
Yep. Even last season his general play was often quite good but he just kept making stupid mistakes. In fact even last season he was statistically one of the best all-round midfielders in the league. People couldn't overlook the feck-ups though.

It was always more likely than not that he would adjust and end up being a good player for Liverpool. Unfortunately.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
If God forbid the worst came to pass i think hell become only the second player to win the treble with two different clubs after eto'o did so with barca and inter.

Blackwidow

If God forbid the worst came to pass i think hell become only the second player to win the treble with two different clubs after eto'o did so with barca and inter.
I think only Seedorf won the CL with 3 different clubs... (Ajax, Real, Milan)

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I think only Seedorf won the CL with 3 different clubs... (Ajax, Real, Milan)
No no I mean the treble, eto'o did so with barca and inter back to back he could do so with pool, already won one with bayern in 2020.

Blackwidow

No no I mean the treble, eto'o did so with barca and inter back to back he could do so with pool, already won one with bayern in 2020.
I know what you meant and did not want to correct you - just to add to it. But the possible 3 CL with 3 different clubs record is there, too. So in the first win he played a minor role.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I know what you meant and did not want to correct you - just to add to it. But the possible 3 CL with 3 different clubs record is there, too. So in the first win he played a minor role.
Oh I wasn't aware he was in the squad when they beat us in 2011.
Shame how many records he's going to break at our expense.

Blackwidow

Oh I wasn't aware he was in the squad when they beat us in 2011.
Shame how many records he's going to break at our expense.
He only played 90 minutes in the 6th match of the group stage against Rubin Kazan. But he was in the CL squad 8 times that season including the final without playing. Somehow like Höjbjerg and Can are CL winners of 2013... - or Coman got his first 3 or national Championships with PSG and Juve.

As a Bayern fan I am still asking myself what I would prefer - Alaba or Thiago winning it...
Or Klopp or Ancelotti...
Or Real or Liverpool...
Can nobody win...

Red the Bear

Something less generic
He only played 90 minutes in the 6th match of the group stage against Rubin Kazan. But he was in the CL squad 8 times that season including the final without playing. Somehow like Höjbjerg and Can are CL winners of 2013... - or Coman got his first 3 or national Championships with PSG and Juve.

As a Bayern fan I am still asking myself what I would prefer - Alaba or Thiago winning it...
Or Klopp or Ancelotti...
Or Real or Liverpool...
Can nobody win...
Didn't know that about hojberg either that's kinda nuts.
I'm with you man I wish they could just scrap this season from existence, but shouldn't it be easy for you lot to root against pool? after all klopp did deny you from 2 league titles.

Last edited:

Lord SInister

where grasses are green and girls are pretty

Or Klopp or Ancelotti...
Or Real or Liverpool...
Can nobody win...
What @Red the Bear said, and you can't reach Real's 13, but Liverpool winning will make you 4th, compared to the current joint 3rd CL.

Blackwidow

Didn't know that about hojberg either that's kinda nuts.
I'm with you man I wish they could just scrap this season from existence, but shouldn't it be easy for you lot to root against pool? after all klopp did deny you from 2 league titles.
Yes, it is easy to root against Pool... - not because of Klopp's league titles but because of his antics and speeches towards Bayern throughout the years... - and the media in Germany partying him too much...
But as Real is as much to hate for a Bayern fan out of history they are atleast as hateable. And Ancelotti drove me nuts throughout his time in Munich, too.

In Germany we say to such a situation to have to decide between "Pest" (Black Death like in the Middle Ages) "oder" (or) "Cholera" (cholera)

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Yes, it is easy to root against Pool... - not because of Klopp's league titles but because of his antics and speeches towards Bayern throughout the years... - and the media in Germany partying him too much...
But as Real is as much to hate for a Bayern fan out of history they are atleast as hateable. And Ancelotti drove me nuts throughout his time in Munich, too.

In Germany we say to such a situation to have to decide between "Pest" (Black Death like in the Middle Ages) "oder" (or) "Cholera" (cholera)
Swallow your hatred for madrid( I hate them as well!) And be on their side for your United brethren :D
After all it Can't get much worse than klopp winning it twice to be honest.

marktan

What's that 11 losses in 13 against real?

Just never really seen it with him, good pass but very little else. So undynamic, the Juan Mata of CMs.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Kroos at 40 is better player than him. Thiago is a great passer, but I just don't hink he is smart enough.