Thiago Alc*ntara | Still exists

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
What do you mean by them?

He is one of your greatest heros after all playing the most major part in your greatest European night.
Them as in clueless. He's been a total loony since he took up punditry. We have loads of these types (Begin, Whelan) and then a couple of recent turncoats like Mcmoneyman and even Carra.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Them as in clueless. He's been a total loony since he took up punditry. We have loads of these types (Begin, Whelan) and then a couple of recent turncoats like Mcmoneyman and even Carra.
Fair enough, you lot sure have a patchy record with you player turned pundits.

Not that we're any better.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Thiago is indeed one of the most overrated players.

Can undoubtedly pick a pass given time and space, but often spends far too long passing two yard balls sideways and backwards for no reason at all.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
He’s a good player but you could see the gulf in class between Fabinho, Thiago and Henderson vs Modric, Kroos and Casemiro.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He's good but he's always been so overrated. Some like to build him up to be part of the greats like Xavi Modric Scholes etc but he's not got the performances to prove it. I find him to be a case of style over substance. Obviously a very good footballer but gets hyped up a few tiers above his actual level.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
People rate him because he looks in a different direction sometimes when passing the ball.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Strong words by their previous player Dietmar Hamann.
Here

Fair to say that he doesn't rate him.
Don't really agree with his take. Thiago is the one midfielder who hasn't looked out of place when Liverpool have came up against the best opposition, from what I've seen this season.

CallyRed

Agree with him about their midfield. Where they come up short in comparison to City.

thepolice123

He’s a good player but you could see the gulf in class between Fabinho, Thiago and Henderson vs Modric, Kroos and Casemiro.
What gulf in class? Liverpool dominated the game and had the better chances. Their midfield was more than a match for Real's

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
People rate him because he looks in a different direction sometimes when passing the ball.
ronaldinho did that a lot and ended up in prison. a stark reminder to thiago of the kind of thing that can happen to you.

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
Liverpool fans are absolutely incredible about this stuff. McManaman and Carragher literally scream and go mad on air for late Liverpool winners and they'll tell you they're anti liverpool

IrishRedDevil

Totally overrated. A few nice passes here and there, of course, but it's always when he's not under pressure. Making a 5 yard pass look pretty is cute and all, but what's the point?

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Hamann’s ridiculous hyperbole doesn’t help his point, but I think it’s a good one about the midfield.

They always have a lot of energy and steel but were shown up against aging technical players. They definitely need an alternative in midfield who can provide guile and creativity when they can’t break teams down.

The very best teams won’t just be overwhelmed. Madrid were able to ride out the pressure and their class showed later on.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Hamann’s ridiculous hyperbole doesn’t help his point, but I think it’s a good one about the midfield.

They always have a lot of energy and steel but were shown up against aging technical players. They definitely need an alternative in midfield who can provide guile and creativity when they can’t break teams down.

The very best teams won’t just be overwhelmed. Madrid were able to ride out the pressure and their class showed later on.
Technical ability always comes out on top over hard working box-to-box midfielders. It's why England never win anything.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
They didn’t though.
Tbf we did have the better of it but I think Ancelotti planned for that. Madrid had 4 shots and 2 on target. We had 24 and 9 on target. Marginally more passes and possession with a better pass accuracy as well.

From about 80 minutes onwards Madrid managed the game well but they didn't control it for large portions of the game. They also got completely outplayed by Chelsea and City for large spells.

GlasgowCeltic

reminds me of 2007-2011 era Utd the way the attack and defence are so much better than the midfield.

Swedish_Plumber

Tbf we did have the better of it but I think Ancelotti planned for that. Madrid had 4 shots and 2 on target. We had 24 and 9 on target. Marginally more passes and possession with a better pass accuracy as well.

From about 80 minutes onwards Madrid managed the game well but they didn't control it for large portions of the game. They also got completely outplayed by Chelsea and City for large spells.
The controlled the second half.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Still my favorite player. A shame he didn’t win the cl. Not surprising that he’s not exactly being loved around here, though. After all, he once almost transferred to you guys and years later ended up at your bitterest rival.
I would gladly exchange every midfielder we have at Bayern right now for him.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
The game seemed to change after Benzema's disallowed goal. Before that Madrid weren't much of a threat in the game.
I think it mentally set the tone that they’re not as clear in the game as they like to be and so Madrid started to regain control .

For all the talk of being mentality monsters i feel klopp and his team operate better as underdogs.

IRELANDUNITED

There was talk that Thiago was on par with Xavi and Iniestia after he played a couple of no look passes again a United team that weren’t trying…

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
He’s really good when he’s on it but he gets far too many injuries like this.

But it’s ok because Milner and Henderson can run around and are fit enough to play until they’re 80.

Dipper

#7 Swiftie
Supports
Liverpool
He’s really good when he’s on it but he gets far too many injuries like this.

But it’s ok because Milner and Henderson can run around and are fit enough to play until they’re 80.
we need a midfielder. Fail to acquire one and the league is gone imo.