Thiago Alcantara at Liverpool - Will he be a success?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He's gonna get them title #20. Fecking depressing.

Fabinho, Henderson and Thiago is such a good midfield.
They would have won it regards. Where he could be key is the CL IMO. Or he could be disappointing. I mean, people pretend as though this CL run is the norm for him whereas it isn't.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Yeh hes world class. I am interested to see how Klopp uses him though as he's very different to the existing players which means he might not fit into the same tactical setup.
He will fit in just fine, technically pretty much perfect he could be deployed anywhere in midfield.

Pav1878

He will be a success, but it's up to our players to stand up and perform.

They were a good team without Thiago and they will be a good team with him, has anything really changed?

We need to focus on our game and make sure we are more hungry than them. That is the only way we can hope to compete.

Josh 76

Seriously, people are talking like they have signed Messi in his prime.
12 months ago I didn't even here is name mentioned.

Devil81

Fantastic player, it's pretty much a guarantee he will be a success as his game is so simple I find it hard to believe he wouldn't slot into any team and look fantastic.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
He has had a really great year and is clearly a good player. I'm not sure though if I rate him just as highly as some others do.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
He has had a really great year and is clearly a good player. I'm not sure though if I rate him just as highly as some others do.
Best way to gage these things is by asking the BM fans, haveing heard a few on here and on other forums... they are all gutted to have lost him.

Cman

If he stays injury free for them he will be massive for them. Our only light at the end of this tunnel may be the fact that our age profile is younger than theirs and hopefully we will but still hitting our peak as they are tailing off.

romufc

Seriously, people are talking like they have signed Messi in his prime.
12 months ago I didn't even here is name mentioned.
Thank you.

Just because a rival signed a WC midfielder the caf breaks down. We cannot sign everyone that becomes available in the market.

The funny thing is when we did used to do that with Di Maria, Falcao, Sanchez, etc... they complained that we just buy players for the name.

We changed our transfer strategy, now they want big names coming in.

I know Thiago would have been good for us and it is a good price but think about it logically, this club does not have a bottomless pit of money. We have CM's we need a RW and defence, any further money spent on areas we dont desperately need means less money to improve the actual team.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Reminds me of Ballack to Chelsea. Chelsea were the PL champs and Ballack was a world class midfielder that arrived from Bayern.

Everyone thought him and Shevchenko arriving meant the title was a given for Chelsea but Ballack disrupted the balance of the team and United pipped them to the title.

I think it will go a similar way but City will be the ones to win the title. Bayern don’t let their best players go unless there is a reason. They clearly don’t trust his injury record and the pace and physicality of the PL may add to his already ridiculous injury record.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Reminds me of Ballack to Chelsea. Chelsea were the PL champs and Ballack was a world class midfielder that arrived from Bayern.

Everyone thought him and Shevchenko arriving meant the title was a given for Chelsea but Ballack disrupted the balance of the team and United pipped them to the title.

I think it will go a similar way but City will be the ones to win the title. Bayern don’t let their best players go unless there is a reason. They clearly don’t trust his injury record and the pace and physicality of the PL may add to his already ridiculous injury record.
He wanted to leave.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Bayern won't miss him, Goretzka and Kimmich the real stars of Munich's Midfield.
He's a good player but it's funny how people don't state 'will he be able to handle the pace of the premiership' with Thiago, yet seem too with majority of other foreign brought players.
The fact remains he was good in the Champions League, less so in the league. He's never plied his trade in the premiership, I think he'll find it a challenge.
Also will his groin hold out under the extra demands and games he'll have to play?
He is overrated on here by the majority, I'm not losing much sleep over Liverpool getting him.

EwanI Ted

Its a no brainer in terms of quality & price, but it does raise some tactical questions for Klopp. His style of play at Liverpool relies on 3 workhorses in the middle of the park to consistently cover all areas of the pitch. That's what gives Robertson and TTA the freedom to attack so much down the flanks, and in turns allows Mane and Salah to get in the middle and score goals. Thiago pulls his weight, but he's not going to provide anywhere near the levels of hard work that Henderson or Wijnaldum do, or be the defensive shield that Fabinho is. Obviously the hope for their opponents is that he upsets the balance in that team.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
He was ready to stay at Bayen, until his agent informed him someone somewhere is offering more money.
There's i) literally nothing that indicates that and ii) literally nothing so far that indicates that he'll earn more at Liverpool than he did at Bayern.

You're talking out of your arse in this thread.

James Peril

I'm really hoping that one of the best midfielders in the world doesn't make the best team in the league even better.
Basically this. Even looking forward to seeing him at times too, that’s the worst part. I never watch their games unless forced to, but be is a star and he will make them better for sure. Fecking sucks endless.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
If Bayern wanted to keep him they easily could have, especially when they are financially stronger than Liverpool. No way Bayern accept €30m for him if they don’t see him as surplus to requirements.
If he wanted to leave, he will leave and he has one year left on his contract. I've only watched him in the big games in Germany and the CL and he is a quality player. Why do some fans on here not accept that when it comes to Liverpool, don't let the rivalry blind you, this is a cracking deal for Liverpool.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
If he wanted to leave, he will leave and he has one year left on his contract. I've only watched him in the big games in Germany and the CL and he is a quality player. Why do some fans on here not accept that when it comes to Liverpool, don't let the rivalry blind you, this is a cracking deal for Liverpool.
Like someone else said, he is only leaving because of being offered more money. Bayern would have matched that amount if they deemed him worth the wage request. They don’t let players contracts run down unless they know something.

cyberman

I just cant see the point of a ball playing DM when the midfielders around him doesnt play well that way.
Someone like Pogba who can pick balls over the top and spread the play would be amazing for them, not soneone who is great at playing it short and in tight spaces only to give it to Henderson or Fabinho?

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
If Bayern wanted to keep him they easily could have, especially when they are financially stronger than Liverpool. No way Bayern accept €30m for him if they don’t see him as surplus to requirements.
How?

Please explain to me how keeping a player against his will for one more year is beneficial to either one of the parties, rather than bagging €25-30m for him now and parting in excellent conditions?

Wayne's World

The change in mentality between both us and Liverpool in the past 5 years it's absolutely extraordinary. I'd never thought I'd see Man Utd just watch our biggest rival make crucial signings and we are standing still basically applauding them while deep in our own shit.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Thiago seems to have blown up only in the last year or so. Prior to that he was either injured, coming back from injury, or someone who was a fluff player. Pleasing on the eye but never really influenced or impacted games. It was a common theme that I remember. A forgotten man.

Seems completely different now though. He seems to control games and destroy opposition.
He was exceptional in 16/17 too, rated the best player in the Bundesliga and talked about as the best midfielder in the world here.

He could come in and be the best player in the league. Surely the best technical player?

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
How?

Please explain to me how keeping a player against his will for one more year is beneficial to either one of the parties, rather than bagging €25-30m for him now and parting in excellent conditions?
Against his will, that is such hyperbole. He is leaving for money it’s as simple as that. If Bayern matched his wage and he had to choose, he would choose to stay at Bayern.
Bayern just don’t deem him to be worth the wage demands.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Like someone else said, he is only leaving because of being offered more money. Bayern would have matched that amount if they deemed him worth the wage request. They don’t let players contracts run down unless they know something.

Don't let the truth stand in your way of making things up.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Against his will, that is such hyperbole. He is leaving for money it’s as simple as that. If Bayern matched his wage and he had to choose, he would choose to stay at Bayern.
Bayern just don’t deem him to be worth the wage demands.
See my latest post. I'm done with this, keep clutching at straws mate. Believe whatever you want if that makes you happier.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager

See my latest post. I'm done with this, keep clutching at straws mate. Believe whatever you want if that makes you happier.
Nothing worse than a biased Liverpool fan. The fans love to believe “everyone wants to join us, we are the biggest club in the world and our amazing manager is Jesus reincarnate,”

I also didn’t make anything up.

The contract was fixed between the 2 parties until Liverpool offered him more money. You do realise he along with most players are in talks with other clubs representatives.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I just cant see the point of a ball playing DM when the midfielders around him doesnt play well that way.
Someone like Pogba who can pick balls over the top and spread the play would be amazing for them, not soneone who is great at playing it short and in tight spaces only to give it to Henderson or Fabinho?
He could be the catalyst to play a different way. Keita began to settle in last year so maybe the midfield can play on the front foot now. Their success last year relied on an exceptional defence, and the attack was gradually becoming less potent. A more dominant midfield could potentially release the burden on both.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham

That's exactly the same thing I seen reported. He has won everything he can in Spain, Germany and now will in England, BM fans can accept this, guys who watch him week in and week out.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Nothing worse than a biased Liverpool fan. The fans love to believe “everyone wants to join us, we are the biggest club in the world and our amazing manager is Jesus reincarnate,”

I also didn’t make anything up.

The contract was fixed between the 2 parties until Liverpool offered him more money. You do realise he along with most players are in talks with other clubs representatives.
:lol:

Goku23

Im getting sick and tired of United when it comes to transfers my blood is boiling why cant some rich Arabs take over and rid us of this ownership from hell