Thiago Alcantara | Pool bound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Running through that Liverpool midfield with Thiago in there :drool:

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Guys like you are funny. You don’t even watch Thiago. But with confidence think he’s better than Pogba I wonder how Pogba would look playing for Bayern. He wouldn’t be going for £30m with a year left, I tell you that.
He would if he was 30 in 7 months time. Thiago is better than Pogba by the way.

red thru&thru

Not sure why people are comparing Thiago and Pogba. They would clearly play together if he came.

Bwuk

Thinking more and more that Liverpool won’t go for him.

Slysi17

There's a very big point to signing Thaigo, quite obviously. Never having to see the likes of Andreas or Lingard again.
Doesn't Thiago play as a defensive midfielder. So in that case I can't see how it would limit Pereira and Lingards playing time. More the case of Matic, McTominany or Fred. The player we bought in regards to keeping Lingard or Pereira out of the team is Van De Beek.

beingshe7don

Thiago would give our midfield another dimension. His ability to release players quickly with pinpoint accuracy in passing is something we rely on Pogba to do but he would essentially be starting the plays from the back. Thiago makes a great no. 8 but has grown into that Pirlo type role of a deep lying playmaker. The only concern I would have is that at Bayern, they play a very high line which empowers Thiago to be higher up the pitch which I'm not sure he'll have that sort of liberty at United. Either way, he's a terrific player to have who has the ability to control the tempo of the game. He would be the modern version of Scholes for us.

ShamrockD

Supports
Panathinaikos
Exactly. There is a reason why Bruno and Pogba and our whole team looks better when they have Matic behind them. If he was a couple of years younger fine, but we know we will need a "6" with good passing ability, if not now then next summer for sure. World class deep lying playmakers do not grow on trees and considering Thiago's price it is a real opportunity, which we have to take now. Thiago will take Matic place and will do the job even better.

There is no comparison with our other players, he brings something completely different to the table and makes our midfield possibly the best midfield around, on paper at least. You want to dominate teams and you start with a mix of Thiago, VDB, Pogba, Bruno. You want more defensive minded players for difficult matches and you add Scott, Fred or Matic in the mix. Considering the injuries we have every year I don't see an issue for having seven players for 3 positions, instead of six. If everything goes well, we should try to offload Fred in January, or next summer, who has not impressed and he can hopefully bring in a respectable sum. Moreover, this way we can extend Matic career for us and take advantage of him as a great backup solution, since he does not have the legs for a starter.

As for why Bayern is selling him and the comparisons with Schweinsteiger. Thiago is in his peak, wants to leave and his contract runs out next year. They could easily ask 50-60m. They do not want to sell him, but will respect the player's decision.

Reactions: Sultan

croadyman

Slight drift in his odds today suggest the links to us have had the desired effect on Liverpool

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Hoeneß just said on Doppelpass (German TV show) that he assumes Thiago has an agreement with Liverpool and probably United, but both teams are now trying to screw Bayern over by waiting until the last couple of days of the transfer window and low ball them. No contact with any club so far.

croadyman

Hoeneß just said on Doppelpass (German TV show) that he assumes Thiago has an agreement with Liverpool and probably United, but both teams are now trying to screw Bayern over by waiting until the last couple of days of the transfer window and low ball them. No contact with any club so far.
Thought Liverpool had been in talks with him for ages or is this just a very unreliable German source

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Thought Liverpool had been in talks with him for ages or is this just a very unreliable German source
Ulrich Hoeneß is a board member at Bayern Munich. Can’t get a better source than that.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Just dropping our name in.
Thiago wants Liverpool,Liverpool wants Thiago,Bayern want the dough now.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Liverpool won't pay 30m for him after Wijnaldum decided to stay back. That's why Bayern wants it resolved quickly.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
I'd take a left-back, Centre-half, Thiago, and Bale on loan as Sancho alternatives.

Sweet Square

Sadly he's got a better chance at winning trophies at Pool right now but would anyone really want to spend their last years of elite level football covering for Jordan Henderson, when the alternative could be playing along side Paul Pogba and Bruno Fernandes ?

Status
Not open for further replies.