Thiago Alcantara | Pool bound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toad

We have probably offered slightly higher wages but is holding out for Liverpool and we are probably backup just in case.

Rojofiam

We're favorites to sign him according to SkyBet

Not sure that means much but still

acnumber9

He’s probably offering to pay Liverpool for the honour of playing for them.

croadyman

If this is really the case I hope we can be ruthless and catch Liverpool asleep at the wheel. These are the types of moves we need to make to get back to the top.
That is what I want to believe as well but going to keep telling myself they aren't doing a Werner this time

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
If this is really the case I hope we can be ruthless and catch Liverpool asleep at the wheel. These are the types of moves we need to make to get back to the top.
Well tbh mate it depends how you want to look at it. We did this exact same thing with Di Maria! Signed man of the match CL winner and gazumped PSG to him. The player wanted PSG, but wouldn't/couldn't (FFP) pay and we got him. So do we really want a player who doesn't want us as his first choice?

MrSingh2002

Between this and the Alaba stuff his PR approach is certainly blunt.
Clearly Bayern don't have the upper hand here and are resorting to last minute emotional blackmail to make Alaba and Thiago look like money grabbing cnuts.

Nice to see this happen once in a while to that lot.

SuperiorXI

Well tbh mate it depends how you want to look at it. We did this exact same thing with Di Maria! Signed man of the match CL winner and gazumped PSG to him. The player wanted PSG, but wouldn't/couldn't (FFP) pay and we got him. So do we really want a player who doesn't want us as his first choice?
Definitely not but at this point do we know his preference?

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Definitely not but at this point do we know his preference?
Well we can only go off what has been reported and we tend to believe what Fab says, so I suppose you can't believe his other shit if you won't believe anything negative from him.

croadyman

People clearly buying into Romano's words with his odds to Liverpool coming in again

Tiber

Bayern could atleast try to be half subtle when they are using us to drive up the price for Liverpool

Davie Moyes

Uli is clearly dropping Utd's name in there to pressurise Liverpool. Thiago and Liverpool only have eyes for each other and had an agreement in place for a while.

Utd are likely to have inquired but told Thiago's preference is Pool. Utd pressed ahead with Van de Beek signing once realising Grealish fee is 80m. Can't see them signing another midfielder.

Fab the transfer guru is expertly summarising the situation without saying too much but clearly has no inside knowledge apart from what clubs/agents want the the media to know and use to their advantage.

Still can't see anything beyond him going to Pool late in the window. The second most likely option is he waits a year to go to Pool.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.

It seems Liverpool are not going to go ahead with Thiago

Blood Mage

I'd feel pretty annoyed if I was a scouser right now tbh. You have an elite midfielder who wants to join them and is valued at just £30million, which in today's insane market is a steal even post-covid, and yet they'd rather penny pinch instead.

Tarrou

I'd feel pretty annoyed if I was a scouser right now tbh. You have an elite midfielder who wants to join them and is valued at just £30million, which in today's insane market is a steal even post-covid, and yet they'd rather penny pinch instead.
If this was United this is exactly what we'd do as well. If we knew a player wanted to join us, we'd stretch it out and release stories saying we're walking away. Would not be surprised if he signs for the scousers within the next couple of weeks.

Bayern won't want to lose him for free so it's a game of cat and mouse.

StonedhamsterZA

I feel it'd be pretty easy to sub in our team into the placeholders there, mate. We've let quite a few deals pass us by while seemingly penny pinching.

Not that I disagree with you though...

Nights

I feel it'd be pretty easy to sub in our team into the placeholders there, mate. We've let quite a few deals pass us by while seemingly penny pinching.
I’m curious to see which players you’re talking about? Can you name any world class players that have pretty openly stated they’d like to come to us yet we’ve not signed them to save money.

DarkLord

They must have won a lot of money with the CL and PL so why are they penny pinching? If I recall correctly, they did not even spend in the last transfer window so that's a sizeable fund to tap into. They definitely could sign Werner if they wanted and Thiago of course but seems like their situation is similar to us under SAF. Their owners think Klopp is their SAF so he could turn any average players into world-class and it doesn't matter.

StonedhamsterZA

I’m curious to see which players you’re talking about? Can you name any world class players that have pretty openly stated they’d like to come to us yet we’ve not signed them to save money.

Stand to be corrected, but I think we got caught out while haggling for Hazard back in the day?

Not sure if Haaland was just press gossip too?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

It seems Liverpool are not going to go ahead with Thiago
Article is taking a big leap there. Agent says player will be staying until Jan and that is somehow linked to Thiago?

Status
Not open for further replies.