Thiago Alcantara | Pool bound

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

Looks like both him and Pierce have been briefed. It's happening.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Well none of us saw that coming. Great signing. We know what we have to do now...

Jacob

He's a bit shit. I.e., he was good prior to signing for Liverpool.

Pav1878

Donny to smash him in the tackle in the first 5 mins and let's play our football!

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I imagine after watching Leeds walk through their midfield, they rightfully decided to stick their hands in their pockets.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

Honestly didn't believe it would get done anymore after reading up about our finances. Getting him and retaining Wijnaldum would be a great transfer window for us imo.

BluesJr

This has fallen so perfectly into Liverpool's lap like pretty much everything has for about 3 years now. So annoying.

BorisDeLeFora

This in theory goes a long way to rectifying the main weakness of Liverpools attack, next to no creativity from the middle of the park. It's a brilliant signing.

saivet

Great signing for them. I guess him being on holiday must have been the only reason they didn't sign him sooner as they have waited a while, only to pay the asking price.

saivet

This in theory goes a long way to rectifying the main weakness of Liverpools attack, next to no creativity from the middle of the park. It's a brilliant signing.
That and replacing Firmino in my opinion. If they signed Werner and Thiago that would have been a near perfect transfer window for them.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Great business from Liverpool, a sign of the times that Liverpool are the #1 destination for players.

I miss the days of Dirk Kuyt, Ryan Babel and Lucas and watching them struggle.

Klopp is the best in the world and what he has done is nothing short of remarkable.

HowYouDoin

Well fck! This one sucks, we should have offered 60 million who cares. The reason why it sucks is cuz its going to make Liverpool practically invincible. The one weakness they had has now now turned into a major major strength. We should have done anything to prevent Thiago to Liverpool, seriously.

I would have bought him and then loaned him to City, I dont care. Just not Liverpool, if there is one team he really improves its them.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Well fck! This one sucks, we should have offered 60 million who cares. The reason why it sucks is cuz its going to make Liverpool practically invincible. The one weakness they had has now now turned into a major major strength. We should have done anything to prevent Thiago to Liverpool, seriously.
They still need cover for people like Mane, Salah and VVD, any injury to one of those three could ruin their season.

Last season they pretty much had the league in the bag and they fell out of Europe.

Thiago is a massive signing though.

Squeaky Bumtime

Why all the fuss, it was obvious he's going there for months and of course they'd make at least one transfer. We were probably never in for him.

BluesJr

We could have signed him if we were able to multi task a bit.
Nope because he only wanted Liverpool the whole time. This is the world we are living in now where world class talent actually want to go to Liverpool because of the manager. Sickening.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The sort of player that IF they're available you take interest - but clearly wasn't a priority.

It's a shame to see such a good player go to Liverpool though, he's a proper baller :(

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
We probably were never in for him, should have been though. Our only player comparable in ability to him is Pogba.

Fantastic signing for Pool. I’ll be interested to see how they change their tactical set up to fit him in. If you sign one of the most creative midfielders in the world, you really ought to use him for more than just breaking up counter attacks.

Stretender

Some people on here actually believed that Thiago would sign for United. Clearly Bayern knew what they were doing in bringing United's name into it. People also fail to understand the importance of having a world class manager. Klopp is a big draw unfortunately Ole is not. He couldn't even persuade Haaland, a boy he used to coach in Norway to come and join him at United.

RedStarUnited

The sort of player that IF they're available you take interest - but clearly wasn't a priority.

It's a shame to see such a good player go to Liverpool though, he's a proper baller :(
I dont get how he wasnt - No one went into this season thinking we needed VDB or another attacking midfielder.

We really badly need a player to set the tempo and one of the best around was available but we didnt try.

Status
Not open for further replies.