Thiago Alcantara | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam

Bayern are adding Thiago Alcantara and Mario Gotze to their current midfield? Did someone tell them that they can only play 11 players? :houllier:
You cant help but be jealous. They're team is so so good, and just got even better.

Bastards!

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Do the circumstances not suggest to you lot that it's not so much our ability to 'close deals' as is is his wish to go to Bayern and play for Pep? The delays would certainly suggest he was in no rush to sign for us.
Shut up mate.

We're not in a thread to talk sense. Let's blame United instead, it's more fun for the Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime.

Baxter

25m Euros, didn't pay the release. I just hope it wasn't as a result of us fecking about. Wouldn't bother me that much if it was wholly the Guardiola influence, but we better not have dicked around.

Varun

Staff
This transfer saga was my first muppet moment. Really wanted him to sign and everything looked towards him coming here. :(

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Do the circumstances not suggest to you lot that it's not so much our ability to 'close deals' as is is his wish to go to Bayern and play for Pep? The delays would certainly suggest he was in no rush to sign for us.

I was just thinking this. As soon as reports come out about Bayern joining the race, the deal is sealed in a matter of days. You do have to wonder why we didn't go hard for him and show the lad that we meant business in bringing him to OT.

Skywarden

Some of them have lost all sense of rationalisation. They are beyond saving.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Bayern are adding Thiago Alcantara and Mario Gotze to their current midfield? Did someone tell them that they can only play 11 players? :houllier:
Find it funny when people say we don't need to improve much since we are champions. Bayern win the treble and add 2 of the best young players in the world to their squad.

JaffyJoe

Provides RedCafe with shit Twitter news

I agree that deal was done quickly while ours (however genuine) dragged on.He perhaps had no intention of coming here. I will be interested to see how they line up next season.

Varun

Staff
Bayern explain that they pay 20M of Thiago's 25M transfer fee. The rest comes from the friendly game and from Thiago accepting lower salary.

We could've paid him a better salary and paid Barca more without needing a friendly. Either Moyes was never really keen on Thiago or the Guardiola factor outweighed everything we could offer.

I'd be amazed if this wasnt the most important factor.

Liam147

On Probation
Does anyone else think that our promises may have been what dissuaded Thiago from coming to us? He's a young lad who can't get in at Barca, and all of a sudden he has Manchester United saying we'll build the midfield/team around him. Quite a step up. Sure he wanted more playing time, but I can't help but think we'd be throwing him in at the deep end a bit.

I can't see why else he'd go to Bayern other than to play under a manager who never played him anyway.

Cina

Does anyone else think that our promises may have been what dissuaded Thiago from coming to us? He's a young lad who can't get in at Barca, and all of a sudden he has Manchester United saying we'll build the midfield/team around him. Quite a step up. Sure he wanted more playing time, but I can't help but think we'd be throwing him in at the deep end a bit.

I can't see why else he'd go to Bayern other than to play under a manager who never played him anyway.
Well that's just not true.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Yet another class midfielder missed out but you'll hear people say there haven't been many available that could improve us.

Stickles

That's his look out. I'd laugh my arse off so hard if by next year he's nowhere near the Spain world cup squad and he plays in about four different positions for Bayern as a Spanish John O'Shea.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
We have been monitoring Thiago closely with three years, interest I'm sure he was aware of. We were also the first to show our hand this summer when it emerged that he wanted out of Barcelona. Weeks of speculation and anticipation, and there was never a hint of him actually wanting to sign for us. We just have to accept that he never wanted to play for us and that he was waiting for a better offer to come.

It'll be interesting to see how Pep marries all of these fantastic talents into a fluid team, without pissing anybody off. I reckon that's going to be his biggest challenge at Bayern.

Cina

Stop moaning you mingy old bunch of grannies, it's pretty fecking clear that his intention was always to go play under Pep at Bayern and I doubt we could've done much to persuade him not to do so.

JaffyJoe

Really? He just wants to play I doubt he was scared in failing to live up to expectations. As long as he turned out to be a good signing he would have been fine. He got to play more under Guardiola than Moyes and the fact Guardiola wants him so much suggests he will be getting regular playing time.

Varun

Staff

Players dont think that way. They'd jump at the chance to be the main man at a club like ours. In any case, I dont think we'd have told him anything of that sort anyways. Far too many quality players here to build the team around Thiago.

The part in bold is just inaccurate.

Sam

We don't half fanny around with players though, I know the usual crowd will come in and say you cant blame United, its not out fault, you're a bad fan for raising the issue blah blah blah but how many players over the last few years have we missed out when seemingly in the driving seat? And fannying about in the end, usually because we're trying to save a bit of money....Benzema, Snjeider, Hazard, Moura, Robben, Ronaldinho, Thiago..thats just off the top of my head. We're fantastic, as a club, at many many things, but we're absolutely terrible at buying established players.

JaffyJoe

I can see one or two players getting sold by them, there are too many midfielders no need for a squad that big.

Status
Not open for further replies.