Thiago Alcantara | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Did anyone see on the official website that there was a story in a newspaper linking us to him ?

Do we need another player like him given us already signing Kagawa ? Or have I mis-read him as an attcking midfielder ?

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I reckon we need Karl Pilkington to do a weekly segment on the transfer forum. "Do we need'em?"

With a talent like Thiago it really isn't about need. He's an exceptional talent. Every club would want him.

Revan

Assumptionman
No chance that he will leave Barca. About do we need him, yes we do. He's an extremely talented player who can also play as a central midfielder.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Did anyone see on the official website that there was a story in a newspaper linking us to him ?

Do we need another player like him given us already signing Kagawa ? Or have I mis-read him as an attcking midfielder ?
Let's be clear. It was on the gossip section of the official site where any random tabloid speculation gets published. It may as well have been fabricated by someone on twitter.

Homeomorphic

Dafuq? Hands off! One does not simply poach away Thiago (except he's 16 and you're Arsenal). He's Xavi's heir. :nono:

Baxter

I did hear rumours that he was unhappy with his lack of game time. I'd rather spend £30m on him than on Modric. A wonderfully talented player, but there is not a hope that we'd get him.

Homeomorphic

I did hear rumours that he was unhappy with his lack of game time. I'd rather spend £30m on him than on Modric. A wonderfully talented player, but there is not a hope that we'd get him.
Silly rumours. Last season was his debut season for the first team and he already featured in 27 Liga and 7 CL games, playing as much as Iniesta and Fabregas, including big games against Milan and Real Madrid. In fact he said he didn't expect to play that much and his father most recently added this:

"He [Thiago] is delighted with his new contract, he wants to stay at Barcelona for the rest of his life."

Baxter

Silly rumours. Last season was his debut season for the first team and he already featured in 27 Liga and 7 CL games, playing as much as Iniesta and Fabregas, including big games against Milan and Real Madrid. In fact he said he didn't expect to play that much and his father most recently added this:
:( I'd kill to get him here.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
What's the point in threads like these. It will never ever happen. Ever.

tintedsepia

Lovely player. Not sure he's what we need. He's more of a wonderfully talented dribbler in the centre of our field which actually could hold our play up - perhaps why not getting as many games as he would like in c. mid.

We need people who can retain and pass the ball accurately first time with penetration.

He would give us lots of penetration though. His shooting abilities from distance shock me.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
What's the point in threads like these. It will never ever happen. Ever.
I don't see this as a transfer that could never happen to be honest but it certainly isn't happening this Summer. No chance in hell.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
It was mentioned in the twitter thread as it started from ther i presume. I wouldnt like it to happen personally, another cesc situation where in a few years when xavi is past it, he'll be persued to the ends of time by Barca again. rather not go through the inevitable. It is only a shit rumour atleast, a nothing story really.

red2deadboy

Hey it might be a sily rumour though if i was SAF and had 20-30mill to brn on a talented midfielder, why not test the water with such a talent before going with the likes of modric.
The kid is rather special and adding him to our midfield would potentially take us to a new dimension in a yea or so + plus barca are short of cash so offering them 20-30mill for a squad player would give them chance to invest in squad regards CH and LB etc.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Brazilian father. wonder why he picked spain...he would be in the brazil first XI right now IMO.
The Seleção ignored him early on actually, at least that's how his parents characterize how that decision making process went...Meanwhile, Spain continued to call him up...Rafinha has opted to play for Brasil despite having played for Spain in the youth setup...Seleção eventually called him up and I suspect he will be a fixture for them going forward

RyanGoggs

Insists on dating women in public places - for the
Seems an unlikely transfer as he is so gifted. Even though they have a classy midfield it doesnt make sense to sell him. Obviously I'd love to have him here but the only remote chance would probably be a transfer similar to the Bojan deal

forevrared

He had 45 appearances for Barca this year. Daily Mail say he is frustrated at lack of first team chances. 2+2=92582.

Status
Not open for further replies.