Thiago Alcantara

Status
Not open for further replies.

peridigm

Should resurrect the original Thiago and Vidal threads. Would be a good review.

ArjenIsM3

Selling Kroos didn’t make sense either. Our board is pretty biased against that kind of player. They seem to prefer more physical and defensive minded players. God knows why.
Germans don’t like flair players anyway.
Deutsche gründlichkeit eh?

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Selling Kroos didn’t make sense either. Our board is pretty biased against that kind of player. They seem to prefer more physical and defensive minded players. God knows why.
Fair enough. Cheers. Thiago is my wet dream but I don't see how he fits for us at the minute.

cyberman

Would mean 3 players getting in each others way and absolutely no width.
Yeah but that's just my shit formatting.
Sanchez can drift in and around while Paul has shown he can keep to the left side at Juve.
I wouldn't mind a bit of movement tbh. You would think City's players would block their lanes but its all into the movement.

Or

,.............Matic
......Thiago.......Fred
...................Paul
.........Lukaku......Sanchez

Lukau likes to drift left anyway and Sanchez would basically be playing as he is now which would open up the space in front of the midfielders.

Its probably not true but it could be done

Zoo

I could be wrong, but isn't the Brazilian source just quoting ESPN's article from yesterday?

From what I understand from Google translate, all GloboEsporte say from their sources is that Bayern don't want to sell. The link with us is then quoting ESPN.
I think their info is that Thiago wants to leave but it will be difficult.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Martial Thiago swap anyone?

Tiber

I would welcome it, but I struggle to see it actually happening

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Sanchez-Lukaku
Pogba
Thiago-Fred
Matic
Shaw-Bailly-Smalling-Valencia
DDG​
It doesn't seem like Mourinho want United to play with any width anyways so why not overload the midfield with creative players. It seems that is the way we are trying to play anyways, with the likes of Rashford, Martial, Lingard, Mata all out of the penalty-box to link up play all the time, very little penetration.

binary bot
Add a central midfielder who is better than any on that list bar Pogba?

He’d be an absolute menace in a Chelsea midfield with Kante. Scary thought.
Assuming everyone is staying, it's strange squad management with the signing of Fred and the issue at right wing. Whilst he'd be an improvement on what we've got, the more pressing issues make it seem strange.

So its in a tweet and you automatically believe it yes?
The transfer forum is built on conjecture, I wouldn't read too much into the opinions posted here

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
———de gea
BaillyMaguire
———-Matic
Willian———Young
——Fred-Thiago
———-Pogba
Lukaku——-Sanchez

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
So they might be interested in a trade? Thiago for Fellaini.
Dooooo it!

Josep Dowling

Why does Bayern want rid of him?

I’d expect the only place he would go is Barcelona. They would have been better off leaving Malcom and signing him tbh.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Why does Bayern want rid of him?

I’d expect the only place he would go is Barcelona. They would have been better off leaving Malcom and signing him tbh.
I don’t think we want to get rid of him. I think it’s the same thing as with Kroos. I think it’s likely that Thiago doesn’t feel appreciated enough and I think the board doesn’t really believe he’s that good of a player. They’d keep him if he wants to, but if he wants out, he can go.

cyberman

This is why SportWitness is complete dogshit and should be banned. Even if they are passing along info from other outlets they don't filter the nonsense from the very rare legitimate content.
For a site that became famous for directly sourcing and translating foreign transfer news, they colour their articles with opinion pieces far too often.
It defeats the purpose of it all. The mental gymnastics they used to psychologically break down the Lyon owner during Fekir gate was simply embarrassing

Raoul

Admin
Staff
For a site that became famous for directly sourcing and translating foreign transfer news, they colour their articles with opinion pieces far too often.
It defeats the purpose of it all. The mental gymnastics they used to psychologically break down the Lyon owner during Fekir gate was simply embarrassing
True. Plus there are plenty of legit journos we can source info from to where we don't need to rely on these dodgy aggregator sites who routinely flog clickbait.

beingshe7don

Herrera Pogba Matic Fred Fellaini Thiago

I've no idea what we're trying to do
4-2-2-2

----------- Sanchez ----------- Lukaku -----------
----- Pogba -------------------------- Thiago -----
------------- Matic -------------- Fred -------------
--- Young --- Bailly --- Smalling --- Valencia ---

Young & Valencia would provide the width and Matic and Fred would provide protection to the CBs.

Infra-red

4-2-2-2

Young & Valencia would provide the width and Matic and Fred would provide protection to the CBs.
Plan kinda falls down here.

ti vu

4-2-2-2

Reasonable enouhg until we arrive at full back positions. The main source of width

Patrick08

I don’t think we want to get rid of him. I think it’s the same thing as with Kroos. I think it’s likely that Thiago doesn’t feel appreciated enough and I think the board doesn’t really believe he’s that good of a player. They’d keep him if he wants to, but if he wants out, he can go.
Bayern are really risking themselves with their no big money, no big salary stance, in this current footballing environment.

Canagel

......Matic.....Fred....
............Thiago....
...Sanchez......Pogba
..........Lukakau

Which means width from Delot and Young / Valencia?

I can see Jose wanting to give Paul a free reign and kind of giving up reting to mould him into a midfielder that he wants.
I think this would see Pogba return to his Juve form. We didn't pay 90 million just for a central midfielder. Paul is also an attacking playmaker that can dribble, shoot and link up with strikers. With 3 midfielders to cover for him he can focus on attacking from deep areas and I imagine would be much harder to pick up. Needs width from top fullbacks though which we don't seem to be investing in so the formation wouldn't work. Dalot is still unproven.

AkaAkuma

If he's coming then it would likely be as a replacement for Pogba.

Scholsey2004

4-2-2-2

They can't provide enough width to make up for absent wide players whilst playing in a back four. We'd need to switch to three CB's to justify them staying forward that much which I'm not against per se but it doesn't answer the midfield conundrum.

Eddy_JukeZ

I'd take him, but he did regress last season.

He was sensational in 2016-2017 though.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I've heard of him. He was famous here once with a long thread dedicated to him. I'll take him.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
This makes no sense at all. Unless Martial is somehow involved going the other way, but it would still not make much sense since we have plenty of midfielders.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Midfield of Pogba - Matic - Thiago would work very well. I’ve always said we need a smart midfielder.

Fred will have to prove himself. Herrera will probably leave in Jan.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Fred, Thiago and Pogba midfield would be fantastic. Globo are reliable on players with Brazilian heritage so let's see how this pans out...

Status
Not open for further replies.