Thiago Alcantara

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

Supposedly a reliable source.

Surely not?

Where would he play? Who would he replace or how would he fit in with our midfield? Why are Bayern looking to sell him?

Infra-red

He'd be a decent replacement for Pogba if we've decided to sell. Otherwise, no.

It's probably drivel.

izec

Quite surprised we are interested to be honest. We have other pressing issues in the squad. He is a great little player if fit, but i am not sure we know how to get the best out of him when we play the way we do.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Buy him for £63 million, sell Pogba for £300 mill, buy Dybala for RW and Alderweireld.
Win.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

Supposedly a reliable source.

Surely not?

Where would he play? Who would he replace or how would he fit in with our midfield? Why are Bayern looking to sell him?
They're actually a really good source which is a bit surprising surely we wouldn't be going for another CM? From what I gather Bayern are looking to sell partly because of his injuries and partly because he's inconsistent. Think he could strike up a very good partnership with Pogba but the worry to me would be that he's actually a Pogba replacement.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I’d happily take the lad. Would have some actual quality in depth when pogba isn’t around.

If it turns out pogba is off, he’d be a good replacement as well. I’d be seriously disappointed though.

AR87

We have other pressing issues, but I would love to have Thiago at United. I'm well aware of our deficiencies at RW, LB and CB, but if you can get a player of his quality you do it IMO. The price seems out of whack considering his injury issues.

C'est Moi Cantona

Martial to Bayern, & we finally land the heartbreaker that is Thiago? a horrible deal for us as it solves nothing, but a far better one than dealing him with Spurs or Chelsea would be.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Midfield with Thiago and Pogba in it :drool:
We have more pressing issue though — and we've just bought Fred.
I would hate it if it's a consequence of potential Pogba's departure though!

ti vu

Is the source worth the thread. Delaney posted this not long ago

Andersons Dietician

Before the Window he was one of the ones I always mentioned in those who would you buy threads but I don’t really see where we play him now. Would add great depth to the squad but you would think he’d play over Fred, unless “THE DIAMOND” :lol:

Paxi

They're actually a really good source which is a bit surprising surely we wouldn't be going for another CM? From what I gather Bayern are looking to sell partly because of his injuries and partly because he's inconsistent. Think he could strike up a very good partnership with Pogba but the worry to me would be that he's actually a Pogba replacement.
Right that's my thinking as well. I'd love Thiago here, but I'm fearful that he might be Pogba's replacement which I do not want at all.

binary bot
Herrera Pogba Matic Fred Fellaini Thiago

I've no idea what we're trying to do

Bojan11

Would make sense if we wanted to play the diamond.

But you need two good fullbacks as they offer the width in that system and we currently don’t have that.

Paxi

But why are Bayern looking to sell him? Doesn't make sense...

Infra-red

Before the Window he was one of the ones I always mentioned in those who would you buy threads but I don’t really see where we play him now. Would add great depth to the squad but you would think he’d play over Fred, unless “THE DIAMOND” :lol:
Swap Martial with Thiago, buy a RW and move Matic to CB. Simple.
Note: Not actually serious

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Dybala does not play RW.
Don't follow other leagues, just thought he has a left footed right sided attacker.
Anyway.... He'll play where i tell him to.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Herrera Pogba Matic Fred Fellaini Thiago

I've no idea what we're trying to do
Add a central midfielder who is better than any on that list bar Pogba?

He’d be an absolute menace in a Chelsea midfield with Kante. Scary thought.

ArjenIsM3

Rummenigge has said in an interview he's not going anywhere. Vidal could go though. Multiple sources confirm this, but here's a tweet for ya.

United Pro

I could be wrong, but isn't the Brazilian source just quoting ESPN's article from yesterday?

From what I understand from Google translate, all GloboEsporte say from their sources is that Bayern don't want to sell. The link with us is then quoting ESPN.

cyberman

......Matic.....Fred....
............Thiago....
...Sanchez......Pogba
..........Lukakau

Which means width from Delot and Young / Valencia?

I can see Jose wanting to give Paul a free reign and kind of giving up reting to mould him into a midfielder that he wants.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Rummenigge has said in an interview he's not going anywhere. Vidal could go though. Multiple sources confirm this, but here's a tweet for ya.

I imagine James stating his desire of returning to Madrid affecting this, also.

Paxi

Would make sense if we wanted to play the diamond.

But you need two good fullbacks as they offer the width in that system and we currently don’t have that.
Maybe Jose will just try it anyway..? That's the only way I can see this happening. Otherwise I don't see where else we play him, when we've just signed Fred for 50 odd million.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
IF it’s true then I can only assume that rumours of Pogba wanting to go back to Juve are true. Mourinho never keeps a player who wants out

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
......Matic.....Fred....
............Thiago....
...Sanchez......Pogba
..........Lukakau

Which means width from Delot and Young / Valenci?
Would mean 3 players getting in each others way and absolutely no width.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
But why are Bayern looking to sell him? Doesn't make sense...
Selling Kroos didn’t make sense either. Our board is pretty biased against that kind of player. They seem to prefer more physical and defensive minded players. God knows why.
Germans don’t like flair players anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.